Played that first even course was a ton of fun.

stupid decision on one hole but definitely a fun time
Wolfman........play the new tourney, its in Austria. Hands down one of the best user created courses I have ever played. I personally did not play it well, but I cannot wait to give it another go. This game can create great experiences.

Wolfman........play the new tourney, its in Austria. Hands down one of the best user created courses I have ever played. I personally did not play it well, but I cannot wait to give it another go. This game can create great experiences.

I'll have to check it out

New update out. This game cooled off in here...
I gave up on it. Just can't find an enjoyable difficulty setting.
I shoot -14 on semi-pro and can't break par on Pro.
From the rough my longest club is the 5i and only goes 140 yards. So dumb.

In our tourneys we put setting to pro, but took off downswing meter, and only 3 putt previews a round. Even though we can go low, it does make you work for your score. There are ways in this game to make it fun without wanting to throw your controller.

I agree with these statements. The user designed courses have added some fun back into vs the PGA Tour career mode

Overall I just feel like it is legitimate step backwards from TGC2019

Overall I just feel like it is legitimate step backwards from TGC2019
I see it the other way around....I despised TGC2019. Sure, 2k21 has a learning curve when it comes to the swing meter (especially the downswing meter), but that keeps it from being a "grip it and rip it" game and requires some skill/thought.

I would HIGHLY recommend using a pencil or pinch-style hold of the joystick control for the swing. It may feel awkward at first, but I assure you going straight back and forward are much, much, much easier than using just your thumb.

Once you have the down and up of the swing under control, then work on timing. Basically, mirror the time back and forward. I started with a count of "1" (going back) and "2" (going forward). I would also suggest not trying to overswing...and by that I mean only hitting it 100% or LESS!! Trust me, you'll have better control and consistency, and misses won't be as harsh.

Hmmm....almost like real golf....? Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I see it the other way around....I despised TGC2019. Sure, 2k21 has a learning curve when it comes to the swing meter (especially the downswing meter), but that keeps it from being a "grip it and rip it" game and requires some skill/thought.

I would HIGHLY recommend using a pencil or pinch-style hold of the joystick control for the swing. It may feel awkward at first, but I assure you going straight back and forward are much, much, much easier than using just your thumb.

Once you have the down and up of the swing under control, then work on timing. Basically, mirror the time back and forward. I started with a count of "1" (going back) and "2" (going forward). I would also suggest not trying to overswing...and by that I mean only hitting it 100% or LESS!! Trust me, you'll have better control and consistency, and misses won't be as harsh.

Hmmm....almost like real golf....? Hahaha

I actually really liked the downswing meter, otherwise the swing was mindless again.

Hated the impossibility to hit out of any rough ever.

I actually really liked the downswing meter, otherwise the swing was mindless again.

Hated the impossibility to hit out of any rough ever.
For 2k21, the clubs you start with are vastly underpowered....at least by PGA standards, hell, they don't even equate to a weekend warrior either. To increase the distance you'll have to put in some time in the offline career mode or playing online...at least those seem to be the quickest ways to earn money...and then you can buy the better clubs (or earn then via sponsorships).

Just keep in mind, this is NOT Tiger Woods golf and you can't remote control the ball....

I find it funny that with football, basketball or soccer games that people are ok with the build-up process...but with golf the expectation is to be a tour player immediately. I think that makes the lifespan of the game very short, as throwing darts and making 5 foot putts on every hole is boring in my opinion.

For 2k21, the clubs you start with are vastly underpowered....at least by PGA standards, hell, they don't even equate to a weekend warrior either. To increase the distance you'll have to put in some time in the offline career mode or playing online...at least those seem to be the quickest ways to earn money...and then you can buy the better clubs (or earn then via sponsorships).

Just keep in mind, this is NOT Tiger Woods golf and you can't remote control the ball....

I find it funny that with football, basketball or soccer games that people are ok with the build-up process...but with golf the expectation is to be a tour player immediately. I think that makes the lifespan of the game very short, as throwing darts and making 5 foot putts on every hole is boring in my opinion.

I'm not looking for an easy game where I can spin the ball in the air, I hate that. I don't mind building up either, but the physics of this game are just wrong, especially from the rough, completely unlike real golf.
I've put in the time and tried to figure this one out, but either the game is glitched or my controller has issues because on Pro (or harder) setting I can make the same swing 10x in a row and get 9 different results on the meter.

Either way, I'm glad you're enjoying the game. Seems almost all the guys I play with have moved back to the old one until a patch fixes the issues.

Was like a +14 cap on pro with tempo turned off. Put it on along with no distance meter, flight pat and no putt previews. At a 0.6 after shooting tons of 90 rounds. The game is way more rewarding and so much harder.

Was like a +14 cap on pro with tempo turned off. Put it on along with no distance meter, flight pat and no putt previews. At a 0.6 after shooting tons of 90 rounds. The game is way more rewarding and so much harder.
Agree with you. When I shoot a good round or win an event in career mode, I feel like I've accomplished something.

As for the downswing, I try to hit it FAST so that I get a "consistent" light draw. I get this result by hitting it 100% or less (not in the red zone) and then pushing up with some speed...not slamming it forward, but pushing it up with some purpose...and find that 8 out of 10 swings is exactly the outcome I was seeking. My miss is either hitting it PERFECT or with a little more draw, but definitely playable.

I think the rough people are looking at it the wrong way. Light rough is what we see day in and out in real life. Just need to think of heavy rough as knee deep fescue. The real issue it the course design doesn't treat it that way, basically having cabbage barely off the fairway.

@OITW and whomever annihla8r is.........new events up all this week and next week, some fun courses, and 2 silly courses. Today is the fist of the Silly, its a post election tourney, I believe I set it to one round, have some fun, take your mind off a few things. And in a week we have a mini golf course coming up. Plus in general some user made courses mixed in with some user made courses of real courses, like wolf creek.

Also initial results are in for the Post Election course selection @stevie-a is giving it 2 thumbs up on the fun factor score.

Also initial results are in for the Post Election course selection @stevie-a is giving it 2 thumbs up on the fun factor score.
Maaan....as goofy as that course was, it definitely took the creator some time to create. Very, very impressive!

I shot -87 for the round...yeah, ridiculous, but every hole is a par 7...but you can make some in 1 (hole in one, yes...) or 2 pretty easily.

Event is 1 round....and definitely will have you laughing the whole way thru.

I'll try and get on tonight

So that course was incredibly fun. Came in second as hole 8 killed my score. Shot a -84 🤣🤣

Dead horse pretty much on here but BIG update today. 1.06

I didn't know there was a thp society...
Its not official, official...more like some guys (like 2-3 really...) that play the game on Xbox. Its kinda lost its way since people are playing other games or have other priorities.

There is another group not affiliated with THP that play, so if you want to join its active.

Its not official, official...more like some guys (like 2-3 really...) that play the game on Xbox. Its kinda lost its way since people are playing other games or have other priorities.

There is another group not affiliated with THP that play, so if you want to join its active.

Ahh. I'm ps4...
Oh well. I only get on like once a week anyway

Back