Pictures of your back swing

ba0faca83a6bea4b1d46adbe78dc2113.jpg
1115c450025158901458b661eede1a07.jpg
. Taken this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your backswing is such a blur that I don't know how a camera even captures it

Your backswing is such a blur that I don't know how a camera even captures it

Haha, I know dude! Quick shutter speed on that camera. I am trying to slow it down, changing up my mess of a swing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sequence_zps7ceba1ec.png

I know my obvious flaw is straightening my right knee; but I'd love an opinion on the rest of it.

Here is AFWCardinal (Eddie) a few weeks ago. Did his swing on slow mo with the iPhone

bdfdfb36a2a6955623f0f974de88bd5b.jpg
Eddie you have a swing that works. You have an understanding of the golf swing and male it work. I think your athletic enough to keep that right knee flexed more on the back swing. It'll give you a bit more consitency

Same outfit, 2 different outings last year.

d9e8574b8289250ab83a2cf74515763e.jpg

aaab7f668566ca3ce28af9e9cd56484f.jpg
Lock down that left wrist brother. I like the almost parallel potion but you're losing some power with that wrist not being solid. You have a very strong position at the top, be sure you're uncoiling from the ground up on the through swing.

I love it when you talk swing/positions Freddie. Seriously.

From last year but still a good representation of my current swing when working.

Take a look at frame 2 and 5. These two are close but I'd like to see them closer in position. Your back swing is a direct result of that second position. It seems you have a bit too much wrist action on the back swing. As a result, you have a little cast out in the down swing. Not over the top but instead of tracking on the inside, your club head and shaft tilt away from your body. Keep those hands inside, near that back hip.

Lock down that left wrist brother. I like the almost parallel potion but you're losing some power with that wrist not being solid. You have a very strong position at the top, be sure you're uncoiling from the ground up on the through swing.
Copy that. Will work on those 2 things going forward. Thanks for your thoughts Panda. Love the tips, knowledge is power!

I took these from a HOTD video. They are at the very top of the backswing.
One a mid-iron, the other a full 58 bunker shot.
f3aca768-a65a-46a6-8a69-1d895a0703b4_zps02a50888.png

ab592b8e-3075-46d3-97f5-43af0935d341_zpsb339d555.png
You have great lines Toad. I think if you allow your swing to develop instead of rushing it, you'll see better results. Keep an eye on that right leg, it can cause some issues.

Little too much waist bend for my taste. I'd like to see you a bit more upright at address. This will of course show itself in your backswing and club position.

Little too much waist bend for my taste. I'd like to see you a bit more upright at address. This will of course show itself in your backswing and club position.
Thanks Freddie!
Here is my address position from yesterday. I have trouble maintaining my spine angle through the swing and tend to 'dip' on the way back.
cfe5d0d6b34ff8ca6514b4d0fe0fa766.jpg

Thanks to ArmyGolf for the pic. Not truly backswing as I'm just shifting into the downswing but close enough!

25a053ebb43e2c944025cb905f7a5f82.jpg
This isn't far off though, and just like I suggested to army. Get more upright from the waist and it will make you more consitent over time. You both have very flat deliveries into the ball and I really think you're leaving something on the table. Mainly glancing blows with the club vs solid strikes.

Here's one of mine (also thanks to ArmyGolf).
b6d33e5a0c3210ecd62a5ad64db4809a.jpg
John you are so across the line at the top of your swing that you have to make major adjustments to get back to square. My guess is that you have a little OTT in your game to compensate for this position.

Watch that left leg and try to keep flex. Also try to swing to a 3/4 backs swing. It will help with that crossed topped swing.

Here is a practice swing from my round today (sorry for the reverse angle, my wife was photoing and didn't feel like getting out of the cart :D).
Top of backswing:
practice_backswing.jpg

End of followthrough:
practice_followthrough.jpg

Golf4life #textbook

ed036e7dae2bb189dede86bd9a5a5630.jpg
Brett you too have unique action. You get after every shot like it's your last. In this pic you have too many lines going on and they are all headed different directions. For you and I've always thought this, alignment. If you could get everything head in the same direction you would be sneaky long. I mean longer then you are because you would realize the true loft of your clubs. I think you make more shut face contact then yoy realize and it brings down your launch angle.

I just started working on an updated backswing for my driver Friday as I've never had driver lessons in 25 years and can get into horrible inconsistency issues.

Beginning of lesson:
Screenshot2015-02-01154841_zps9b8d9c4f.png

End of lesson
Screenshot2015-02-01154743_zps009efd3e.png

The first focus is to get rotation up. Man I could not believe how steep I was at first causing a major outside to in swing plane. Adjusting was dang hard.

This was from today. Swing felt pretty good but does not look good in photos which is frustrating. Felt my swing is better than this but guess not.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 0
Sequence_zps7ceba1ec.png

I know my obvious flaw is straightening my right knee; but I'd love an opinion on the rest of it.
I like the last frame, it says 'power'. I'm critical of the right leg but that's me..others like a straight leg. The key for you is maintaining your levels that you attained at the top of your swing. If you are able to so with consitency then you'll be fine. If you come out of that swing even a hair you will not know where the ball is going.

This isn't far off though, and just like I suggested to army. Get more upright from the waist and it will make you more consitent over time. You both have very flat deliveries into the ball and I really think you're leaving something on the table. Mainly glancing blows with the club vs solid strikes.
Thanks Freddie! Gonna have to keep that in mind and try to address a little more upright next trip to the range.

Hey Panda, got any thoughts?
Scrap if I'm being critical then I'm going to pick on your weight at the top of your swing. It's a bit to left for me. I'd like to see this post on but over the right leg.

I'd like to see less left leg action and a bit more right. You have it reversed at this time. It looks strong but I know the sequence on the down swing has to be close to perfect to produce favorable results. Less legs jitterbug, firm up that base and swing into the right side.

Thanks Freddie!
Here is my address position from yesterday. I have trouble maintaining my spine angle through the swing and tend to 'dip' on the way back.
cfe5d0d6b34ff8ca6514b4d0fe0fa766.jpg
What seems to be the issue? If yoy can't maintain spine angle that means you need to strengthen that core. Or we need to isolate those shoulders turning instead of the body moving.

Sorry for the low quality pic, but here is one from today's sim round.

2mq3olx.jpg

This thread has gone from good to awesome with Freddie bringing the knowledge. Wow.

Felt like this was one of my better ones

95690eaf4bb796a7efa35d1133cf7fbd.jpg

Back