took a few swings with these on a launch monitor with my preferred shaft and lie angle. to say i disliked these would be an understatement. my best swing was on the lower end of the distance range i like to see with a 7i, but it was hard for me to make a good swing. i just found the head shape to be distracting.

Stopped at Roger Dunns today. I wanted to trade my CF16 for i210 or maybe i500. I really didn’t want to try i500 since it was tad out of my budget. i210 was at least full club short compare to i500. They both looked good at address and i210 felt tad better but not much.
Edge goes to i500.
Tried 919HM and 919F. 919HM was as long as i500 and felt much better. 919F was ok not great just ok. Cf16 was still up there on performance if not better except 919HM. HM felt softer with equal distance and dispersion as CF16.
Full pondering mode for 919HM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stopped at Roger Dunns today. I wanted to trade my CF16 for i210 or maybe i500. I really didn’t want to try i500 since it was tad out of my budget. i210 was at least full club short compare to i500. They both looked good at address and i210 felt tad better but not much.
Edge goes to i500.
Tried 919HM and 919F. 919HM was as long as i500 and felt much better. 919F was ok not great just ok. Cf16 was still up there on performance if not better except 919HM. HM felt softer with equal distance and dispersion as CF16.

Not a real big surprise. The i500 is designed for distance and the i210 precision. The i210 does feel better than the i500 imo. To me ping nailed it with the i210 and it’s an improvement on every iron since the i20.

I have 3 rounds in with the i210s after this past weekend. My quick opinions/thoughts...
1. They look a bit better than the i200s
2. They sound/feel much better than the i200s
3. While I have standard lofts in the i210s, they are a bit longer in carry distances than my i200s were (had PowerSpec lofts, but same shafts in i200s)
4. Really good spin on approach shots for my swing - better than the i200
5. 4 iron off the tee, on short par 4s, is fun (I didn't have the 4 iron i200)

I picked up a set of the I210's having gamed the I200's which I loved and its a solid improvement especially in sound/feel. I like the look better also from address, the I200 looked a beefier. I've always been a Ping homer and love their irons from my first set the I3's. Excited to give these a good test and keep them in the bag for awhile.

Anyone that has had i25's before, how do the i210's compare?

I gamed both and IMO the sound/feel is much better with the i210's. When hit from the center these feel forged, soft and nice. Distance is about the same I went with the retro lofts and pretty comparable for me.

Am I crazy or are these irons far more forgiving than most think?

I finally tested these today and they were relatively long (for their lofts) and surprisingly forgiving on thin strikes.
These are a serious ponder after comparing to the z585s ap3s and mizuno 919 hm & 919f

The 7 iron was near perfect. Wondering if the low forgiveness continues down to the 4/5 irons

Am I crazy or are these irons far more forgiving than most think?

I finally tested these today and they were relatively long (for their lofts) and surprisingly forgiving on thin strikes.
These are a serious ponder after comparing to the z585s ap3s and mizuno 919 hm & 919f

I don’t think you’re crazy at all, they seemed pretty forgiving when I demoed them. I was a big fan of them and they’re still in the running to be my next set of irons, I just haven’t been able to quit thinking about them...

I spent some time with the 4i too and it launched great and was still forgiving like the 7i was. I would guess everything is pretty consistent throughout the set.

For me, it was between the i210 and JPX919F - both seemed very forgiving. In the sim, I got more out of the JPX919F (about 10 more yds of carry). If you power spec'd the lofts of the i210, then you'd have something possibly approaching the 919F. I think the i210 is one of the softer feeling irons on the market - incredible for a cast iron - that big block of urethane definitely helps. The Mizuno is more direct yet soft.

Edge goes to i500.

If you want incredible distance, the 919HM is the stick. I wanted a combo of distance, feel. precision and playability, and it was between the i210 and 919F. Went with 919F.

If you didn't take them, they were coming home with me. Amazing irons that are lethal in your hands.

Funny thing is, I am thinking back on that weekend and wondering if I should have fought mark for them a little..... I love my 919 Tours, but Im remembering some pretty dang good shots I hit with the 210s....

hey @USAF_Giles, when you getting down here to play golf with me so I can hit those things again haha.

Funny thing is, I am thinking back on that weekend and wondering if I should have fought mark for them a little..... I love my 919 Tours, but Im remembering some pretty dang good shots I hit with the 210s....

hey @USAF_Giles, when you getting down here to play golf with me so I can hit those things again haha.

I still think the 210s are fantastic irons and they absolutely would have come home with me. It was 919s, 210s, and 585/785 that stood out to me for performance and shape.

Maybe it's just my swing and/or misses but in my limited testing the i210s felt no less forgiving than the z585s. The 919f felt quite a bit less forgiving on thin shots.

Anyone power loft the i210? Starting hitting my i10's last week and it has me thinking...

Hit the i210 today. 7i with DG X100. This is one of the better irons out there, IMHO. Precise, good feel (not Mizuno forged feel), and very consistent with the X100 shaft. Forgiveness was similar to my MP-18 MMC irons. Spin and ball flight were excellent. I am used to a narrower sole and would want to hit this on grass if I were buying a set.

I’d love to game these. But just not sure my game would handle them week to week
At my fitting last year these were the most accurate of the irons I hit. I got sidetracked with chasing distance and dismissed these early in the process. ?. Disappointed with myself honestly.

Anyone power loft the i210? Starting hitting my i10's last week and it has me thinking...
Would love to hear feedback on this. I tried the i210s (not a serious session but enough to get me thinking). Was debating on the power spec just because they'd be closer to my current CF16s and I'd have an easier time with the math.

Would love to hear feedback on this. I tried the i210s (not a serious session but enough to get me thinking). Was debating on the power spec just because they'd be closer to my current CF16s and I'd have an easier time with the math.

I went from CF16s to the i200. I didn't gain or lose any distance (maybe 5 yards shorter) but I hold greens and have a more playable shot now. The 210s didn't result that much different so I didn't change

I went from CF16s to the i200. I didn't gain or lose any distance (maybe 5 yards shorter) but I hold greens and have a more playable shot now. The 210s didn't result that much different so I didn't change
I200 power spec or standard lofts? I checked and the difference in those lofts are a lot smaller than the i210s (power v standard).

I200 power spec or standard lofts? I checked and the difference in those lofts are a lot smaller than the i210s (power v standard).
Power spec

Don't mean to bump an old thread but man the I210s are hands down the best irons I've ever gamed. Last year I played/tested cf16, cf19 and Hot Metal pros. Went in for a fitting as my game has improved by a decent bit. Fitter asked what I am looking for and I said dispersion and I was not worried about distance. Went through the fitting without looking at the backs of any clubs and the i210s won the dispersion test. I will honestly say I had Zero thoughts on Ping irons going in. On the course these have been so consistent. Zero fliers, I know my yardages so well on these it makes club selection so easy. Put a good swing on them and they go the exact same distance every time. They are shorter then my clubs last year but that is expected with higher lofts. The look at first was a little different but now I absolutely love it. The feel is so nice and they are pretty darn forgiving too. Just so happy with these I thought I'd share. They are so worth a hit if you go in for a fitting.

Don't mean to bump an old thread but man the I210s are hands down the best irons I've ever gamed. Last year I played/tested cf16, cf19 and Hot Metal pros. Went in for a fitting as my game has improved by a decent bit. Fitter asked what I am looking for and I said dispersion and I was not worried about distance. Went through the fitting without looking at the backs of any clubs and the i210s won the dispersion test. I will honestly say I had Zero thoughts on Ping irons going in. On the course these have been so consistent. Zero fliers, I know my yardages so well on these it makes club selection so easy. Put a good swing on them and they go the exact same distance every time. They are shorter then my clubs last year but that is expected with higher lofts. The look at first was a little different but now I absolutely love it. The feel is so nice and they are pretty darn forgiving too. Just so happy with these I thought I'd share. They are so worth a hit if you go in for a fitting.
Glad you are enjoying them. I thought they were very underrated.

I really enjoyed my set while I had them. There's something so unique to the sound/feel of this set and I really liked it. They performed well all around during my time with them.

I just had a fitting and am currently playing i200s. I went in thinking i210s and I didn’t hit them as well as my i200s. I was surprised by that.

I would love to game some I200 or some I210.
But the pocket book just doesn’t allow it right now. I am a Ping guy, tried every other manufacturer out there after I traded my Eye 2’s back in ‘92.
currently gaming Ping G. But the look of those 200, and 210’s are stunning.
Some day..... some day.
maybe when I go back to work and start making a couple scheckles again.
Some day dreaming

Back