Love it, can’t wait to hear how perform for u. What shafts?
Ooh can’t wait to hear your thoughts

The PX LS 6.0. It's what I tested forever ago, and I enjoy it pretty well. They'll surely change along the way though.

Feel like I've had a lot of thoughts in the various threads over time, but I will surely be adding more. I am definitely itching to get some more thorough and long term comparisons against other recent stuff for me 👍

20211017_123853.jpg20211017_124120.jpg20211017_124353.jpg

Some lazy pictures against my favorites. Definitely a little different progression.

I know you don’t need forgiveness but how would you compare to the zx7 or t100?
Oof. Loaded question. Lol It's kinda like that MOI video and what forgiveness means to you. I honestly think from my time testing them that they're fairly demanding compared to what we're 'told' (as forgiving as the 210). I base that on my time with them and what I've seen from others hitting them. I've seen some pretty decent players struggle to find the consistency I have. I also saw a 12 cap smoothing then again and again, but I feel like he was outlier. As you know, individual strike and miss, and needs, always plays a role too. Like, if you climb, the ZX7 are way better than T100. If you're thin, T100 have your back more. Etc, etc. As someone who doesn't spin mid irons a ton, these seem to help and have been very consistent there. It's been a while now since I really had these on grass though, so give me some rounds to refresh myself and I'll have more thoughts there. I'm going to get after it pretty fast while the T100 are fresh in my mind.

20211017_190349.jpg

Interesting. 5g was in the 5 iron, 6g in the 4i. Wonder what they'll all be. I'll have to check the rest later tonight.

7g in the 6i
5g in the 7i
6g in the 8i
5g in the 9i
5g in the PW

6g is the only one that's solid. :unsure: You could sneak a little lead in the tip of the others if you wanted.

Last edited:
I never got to play with the lies before. They bend REALLY easy. Only takes a tickle.

I never got to play with the lies before. They bend REALLY easy. Only takes a tickle.

I didnt see you ended up with a set of these.. Nice.. I guess it would be easier to see what you dont have. haha.

I didnt see you ended up with a set of these.. Nice.. I guess it would be easier to see what you dont have. haha.
I actually feel like I exhibited a lot of self-control waiting this long. Lol

Should be fun. IF I can every get to the course today...

I actually feel like I exhibited a lot of self-control waiting this long. Lol

Should be fun. IF I can every get to the course today...

Today is looking terrible weather wise here. Tomorrow is looking marginal but I am going to try and bounce out tomorrow afternoon.

First time out with the full set was good. Tried not to go bananas with anything and just get a feel for the heads and shafts. 16 greens. Missed one with a wedge by about 2' on the fringe with a PW from a bad lie in the rough, and the other was a pulled 5i into a long par 3 (bunker).

They sound crisp, did well in fairly tight wet turf today, and were really workable. Was able to move and flight them really well. Just noticably controllable.

Tee'd with the 4i some, hit a couple 5is, had a bit of a miss with a 6i into a par 5 from 200. Trying to work a mid draw from above my feet, pulled my hands in a bit and hit a toe-y push. Maybe 15' right and a little short in the fringe. Easy 2 putt birdie from 30. Bunch of 9is and was able to work them well, just a little unfamiliar overall, and a couple weren't affected by the wind as much as I expected.

Was good though. Scored my ass off but mostly from a hot putter, so trying to keep that in mind. Was a good start.

Got a couple more in with these before I had to switch to my match set to get ready for the weekend. Fine mostly well. Swing is in a good place so scoring had been good despite any issues.

Playing the full set has me kind of doubling down on some thoughts I had in testing them that I couldn't really share with more than a couple people at the time. My theory back forever ago in the poopshow that was this development and release what that the heads launched a fraction higher than they expected with the tech in the build. And that they worked some of the groove stuff and paired the shaft they did with it to bring them more in line with expectations of loft. And regardless of what I was told then and now, I still believe that. I think I casually mentioned it in one of the main threads while on monitor one day, but it's been something I've noticed from the very beginning.

Not a big difference, and honestly some will want and love it in an iron like this. And they've been good. They're crisp, really consistent for me, and have been pretty easy to play. The offset progression is over thing that jumps out at me. When you get to 4i, you (I) really notice some sudden and additional offset there. Hasn't been an issue necessarily, but it feels like a draw club. I'm going to work it right a bit today and see how I do.

It rained a TON last night again, so I'll get a chance to take them out in the mush at some point today and I think the soles will do well in it. Should be fun.

Posting this shot from today for multiple talking points.

1. I feel like the sound really comes through despite the wind and background noise. They sound and feel pretty crisp. It's not a dull/soft sound, and it terminates quickly. Feel is pretty immediate. 1a. Cool morning has me really curious how the aluminum inside will feel in the cold. :unsure:

2. I have noticed over the last week or so, that I am swinging them differently than my other clubs. Could be a combination of things and components, but I've felt it when I'm out there. I'm trying to control the flight. And I've had great success with it. They're very controllable. It's a little different than my typical stock-ish swing though. Little more shallow and slappy. My instinct is I'm reacting to the launch, or the soles through the turf.

3. So this is a 7i. Left wind. Couple yards downhill maybe. Regardless, that's a pretty high 7i for me on a 3/4 swing. They have plenty of spin, which is great, but they do seem to get up.

4. That's a 7i. From 192. With a 3/4 swing. I've seen some reviews where they're getting far less in terms of speed compared to peers. I've haven't seen that. I've seen a little less speed, less than 2mph, in a couple sessions, but they have also been done with a 5g heavier and ultimately different shaft. I have seen up to a degree higher launch and a little more spin too, which can add up to some yardage difference (more and/or less depending on person), but has been within 1/3 of club generally for me compared to others and right in line with the spin and other numbers. The ones I've seen of people getting far less, they have generally not hit them well.

5. 2 new people tried mine today. One thought they were pretty forgiving. One thought they were like blades. Lol I will try to pin down the type of swings and strike patterns that offer these different views.

Last edited:
At least for my swing, these irons prefer it a little crunchy. Shine when you get down on 'em. Wondering if the shallower guys are the ones not loving them on forgiveness.

I have gained a full club, if not more, over s56.....i can flight these baby like no other. I'm pretty pissed cause the 6.0 LS will eventually kill my arthritis- hopefully these stay the same after the Recoil reshaft. I'm also ordering the 6i

God I love these irons- my game is presently in the dumps - except for the i59. Now, if they'll release the i525 for the 5i, I'm set. Think I'm 13 outta 15 GIR with i59 presently

Took them out today. Need to get off my butt and shaft swap to my regulars. It became apparent recently that it's just not a fair fight with the PX LS in them. I swing differently with those shafts. Adjust to the feel. Works fine, score well, but everything's a little different. Been doing too much other club work lately though. Going to try to get it done this weekend.

Good round, despite it being really cold, and having a real hard time getting loose and getting going. Ball wasn't flying all day and I just couldn't force it to early in the round.

i59 were good though. You can hear them a little more when everything's cold, but they felt pretty much the same. No issue working them both ways and got more comfortable moving them as the round went on.

Plenty of spin in the short irons. Look and feel wise they match up with the MG3s better, but I might play them with my T22 a couple times for a spin transition comparison.

Has seemed like a real stable setup. Days shows a really even dispersion from the rounds so far, which is interesting. Mine always favor left a bit.

It was fun. Rock hard and fast greens and they handled them great. Blade-like handling even. Just with a little more forgiveness and wider sole.

20211105_011117.jpg

Keyword headweight -

Mine are

4i - 246.1
5i - 252.5
6i - 260.5
7i - 267
8i - 274.5
9i - 280.6
P - 289.6

Since they have a little different toe weights, if I pull them all, they're

4i - 240
5i - 247.5
6i - 253.6
7i - 262
8i - 268.5
9i - 275.6
P - 284.5

Last edited:
Re-shaft numbers looked GOOD just now. Really like that spin window for me. Excited to get them back out there now!

Recoil just work for me- then coupled with i59 = match made in heaven

Frost showed up today as well.....its time for the Sunshine state till spring

Whole different ballgame with my go-to shafts. I could do anything I wanted with them out there today. Didn't miss a green with them, and had no issue knocking spin off, shaping, going after them, and just generally throwing controlled darts. The spin window is nice for me. Little closer to my TCB's on some shots than T100 were.

The short irons are a little different sole than I'm used to, but I've had good success with them. After yesterday and today I'm confident I could do most things I want with them. Misses have been small, and haven't seen any dramatic gear effect so far. Mine all have between 5 & 7g in the toe, so nothing crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: MH
A lot of people ask about them compared to the iBlade. 2nd swing put a video out on them versus each other today.

Thomas talks about the differences he sees, and dispersion and stuff, but for people that just want to skip to the data.

Screenshot_20211108-170653_YouTube.jpg

Hit my new favorite iron today - the i59.:D

My instructor had a 7i in a stock shaft - was 35 loft (spec is 34) and 1/2 inch shorter. My spec is 37 inches for 7i. It was a stock graphite shaft.

But the 7i was consistent in terms of flight and yardage, and the look was great - compact blade, thin top line and feel was excellent. I was blown away.

Can't wait to order those MP-22s - 223, 225 combo.;)

But I can see both sets by next Spring in the bag if all goes well. Impressive.

I've had continued success with these. Had a big (low) round with them.. Tuesday? Took them to the range after the last couple rounds to work on my familiarity with the short irons, but honestly, what's made them fit that last little bit better for me has been the turf softening up a little. When it's real firm I tend to like really skinny sole'd short irons and usually put blades in as a combo. The soles on the short irons are just a bit wider/thicker than I'm used to (and probably more forgiving), but my hesitancy to attack the ground with them went away with the moisture.

And things have gone well. They remain very consistent for me. On the number virtually every time. The spin window is nice.

Glad to hear you enjoyed them @Desmond !

Back