Played these in the cool windy leafy conditions today at the place with the impossible greens. They were good. Lots of control with them in tough conditions. 2 out of 3 long irons into the par 5's - just short on the first, think I just wasn't loose. Absolutely stuck a couple short irons for kick ins. I liked them in the kind of shaggy flat bermuda fairways they have there, and the spin was good into what are affectionately known as concrete greens (FIRM championship bermuda). I don't know that I have too many more thoughts on them right now. They're balanced, consistent, .. If you like the way they look and feel I think they're definitely worth a shot.

Played these in the cool windy leafy conditions today at the place with the impossible greens. They were good. Lots of control with them in tough conditions. 2 out of 3 long irons into the par 5's - just short on the first, think I just wasn't loose. Absolutely stuck a couple short irons for kick ins. I liked them in the kind of shaggy flat bermuda fairways they have there, and the spin was good into what are affectionately known as concrete greens (FIRM championship bermuda). I don't know that I have too many more thoughts on them right now. They're balanced, consistent, .. If you like the way they look and feel I think they're definitely worth a shot.
Now that you have had more time with them with your gamer shaft how do they stack up against the tcb's? Also, how have they handled chatter? are they as durable as the iblades were?

Now that you have had more time with them with your gamer shaft how do they stack up against the tcb's? Also, how have they handled chatter? are they as durable as the iblades were?
Bag chatter seems in line with other recent Ping- NOT noticeable is the initial i500 bag chatter. I put mine in the bag & haven't looked back....and yes I will combo i525 5i & 6i once available in retro spec[I assume]

Bag chatter seems in line with other recent Ping- NOT noticeable is the initial i500 bag chatter. I put mine in the bag & haven't looked back....and yes I will combo i525 5i & 6i once available in retro spec[I assume]

I am so looking forward to what they have next for irons. As long as they don't carry the price tag these have.

I am so looking forward to what they have next for irons. As long as they don't carry the price tag these have.
Agreed, I sure hope the next sets are below the $2000 CAD mark

Agreed, I sure hope the next sets are below the $2000 CAD mark

I've been saying for a couple of years now that I believe he next true i series is a set I'm going to give a hard look at. I know there are so many damn good irons out there and ones that push tech way further, but it's been a while since I've had an i series in the bag.

I've been saying for a couple of years now that I believe he next true i series is a set I'm going to give a hard look at. I know there are so many damn good irons out there and ones that push tech way further, but it's been a while since I've had an i series in the bag.

i20/25 were the last iteration I was in love with. Had the i200s for a few weeks before I got into the Grandaddy, so didn't get to give them a real fair shake. I'll definitely be hitting the next iteration. Love me some PING irons.

The b*tch is, if not for an asinine price, I’d likely be playing these already.

20211119_103555.jpg

I haven't really seen any chatter, to be honest. They look really clean still. Faces and soles are good. I bounced the 6i off a pretty knarly rock yesterday for the sake of a shot and thought I put 3 scratches in it, but a little elbow grease and it came right off. Can't even tell I hit it. This is after cleaning them up last night. So, no cause for concern for me. (y)

They play similar but different to my TCBs. Good. Plenty of spin, and consistent with it, easy to move around. Been darting the long irons lately. The flight can be knocked down well for my swing in the long end. Handy this time of year with cool winds.

The b*tch is, if not for an asinine price, I’d likely be playing these already.

the price is just downright silly

I always forget to find out about price. I figure you got the same skinny on the tech of what's coming, but I didn't get the early thoughts on pricing. I can't imagine it won't still be towards the top of the market though.

the price is just downright silly
It kills me. Contrary to the feelings I hurt in the 425 thread, I’m a long time PING fan. But some of this **** just can’t be overlooked.

It kills me. Contrary to the feelings I hurt in the 425 thread, I’m a long time PING fan. But some of this **** just can’t be overlooked.

same here. No matter what, PING always gets a crack at being in the bag. In pretty much every slot. Yet they haven't found themselves in the bag outside of driver and putter in recent years.

I paid $1399+ tax for BeCu Eye 2+ in 3-LW in 1989

I also had a set of J's professional weapons .....I assure you they were $2k+ back long ago.

my 681 were a bit pricey as well😀

I paid $1399+ tax for BeCu Eye 2+ in 3-LW in 1989

I also had a set of J's professional weapons .....I assure you they were $2k+ back long ago.

my 681 were a bit pricey as well😀
Still doesn’t mean this price is good! :LOL:

Of ALL the clubs I've pounded pins with

20220111_155539.jpg

this is the one to finally get me my first Hole in One.

I can’t believe you have never had one with the amount of great rounds you play.
What was the yardage and how did it happen?
I've hit the pin so many times I've lost count, hit the edge of the cup, lipped them out in the roll.. just never happened.

Just a chippy little guided 7i from 177. Heard it hit the pin, and didn't see it anywhere. Honestly still a little shocked it actually went in, and wondering if some of that paint missing from the pin is from me.

Last edited:
I've hit the pin so many times I've lost count, hit the edge of the cup, lipped them out in the roll.. just never happened.

Just a chippy little guided 7i from 177. Heard it hit the pin, and didn't see it anywhere. Honestly still a little shocked it actually went in, and wondering if some of that paint missing from the pin is from me.

What did you shoot for that 9 and the round?

What did you shoot for that 9 and the round?
32 for that 9. 31 on the first 9 with a different set of irons and wedges. Feel like the i59s kind of won the day though!

32 for that 9. 31 on the first 9 with a different set of irons and wedges. Feel like the i59s kind of won the day though!

sounds like the other clubs fit you better

Back