PING Tour-S Wedge

Hit this quite a bit this weekend and I'm still liking it. Will it make its way into my bag for 2011? Probably not but it would be on my short list that's for sure. The feel is a tad 'clicky' but overall I like the feel and performance so far. I really want to see what this thing can do on full shots though before I put some formal thoughts together.

Hit this quite a bit this weekend and I'm still liking it. Will it make its way into my bag for 2011? Probably not but it would be on my short list that's for sure. The feel is a tad 'clicky' but overall I like the feel and performance so far. I really want to see what this thing can do on full shots though before I put some formal thoughts together.

I'm really interested in this wedge as I had a Ping Eye II for years that I loved , just wish I would of never sold it with the rest of the ping irons !

This wedge continues to surprise me. Was able to get some full shots with it yesterday where I can really see what the stock KBS shaft can do and it didn't disappoint. The ball flight and feel were so crisp and solid. My shots were definitely going where I wanted with them and I think this is a very good combo to consider. As soon as the grass area opens up for chipping, etc I want to see what this can do with my normal ball as far as spinning/checking ability. PING definitely has a solid wedge offering that shouldn't be overlooked

Hanks how would you compare these wedges to the CG-16's? My wedge search is down to these 2 I think.

Hanks how would you compare these wedges to the CG-16's? My wedge search is down to these 2 I think.

I like the weighting, looks and 'action' the grooves of the CG16s have but I like the feel and shaft of the Ping better

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

This wedge continues to surprise me. Was able to get some full shots with it yesterday where I can really see what the stock KBS shaft can do and it didn't disappoint. The ball flight and feel were so crisp and solid. My shots were definitely going where I wanted with them and I think this is a very good combo to consider. As soon as the grass area opens up for chipping, etc I want to see what this can do with my normal ball as far as spinning/checking ability. PING definitely has a solid wedge offering that shouldn't be overlooked

Hanks is right!

So in my search for wedges, I demoed the Ping wedges last week both the W and S Tours and the shafts are great. Unfortunatley I prefered the CG 15's overall feel. My favorite of the Ping's was the W-52 degree. The shaft gave me the ability to get in a full swing and not feel overwhelmed.

I have one of these on order which I expect to get by the end of this week, but I am sure the guy said it would come with a Dynamic Gold shaft. Would you suggest I call him back and say I want a KBS shaft? After reading this it seems to excel on full shots - which is what it will be mainly used for

May not be a bad option to go with, especially if you're thinking about using it on full shots
I have one of these on order which I expect to get by the end of this week, but I am sure the guy said it would come with a Dynamic Gold shaft. Would you suggest I call him back and say I want a KBS shaft? After reading this it seems to excel on full shots - which is what it will be mainly used for

Another great wedge hitting the market! :D

I think Im too late. The guy at the store didnt even know what a KBS shaft was and said DG are the best about. He seemed a bit of a clown really. Saying that, I am looking forward to it arriving! :)

I'm looking for wedges and poked around on Ping's site. The Tour-S Rustiques only had 3 lofts listed before. Looks like now they're available in the same loft/bounce combos as the chrome, including the 60TS. Yes!

Looking for a 55* will be following your review.

B-e-a-utiful wedge!!

Ive looked everywhere and still do not see the review on these. Was it removed?

Ive looked everywhere and still do not see the review on these. Was it removed?

Plenty of talk on it in the THP Demo Day review threads. We went with "consumer" reviews rather than a home page review.

Plenty of talk on it in the THP Demo Day review threads. We went with "consumer" reviews rather than a home page review.

oh okay, thought there might have been homepage review as well. Thanks JB, much appreciated.

Hey snazzy...I tested this out first hand so if there's anything you'd like to know hopefully I can answer your questions!

oh okay, thought there might have been homepage review as well. Thanks JB, much appreciated.

I have these in 50, 54 & 58 lofts.

Awesome wedges. Really awesome. I've had quite a few wedges in my time - Hogan Riviera (very nice), Cleveland 588 & 900, Callaway X Tour - and these are right up there with the best of them.

The clubhead feels a bit heavier than others to me, which I really like. Helps me accelerate through the ball and using the Pelz method my distances are really dialed in. From 100 metres I feel confident of getting within 10 feet - don't always do it but having the confidence is the important thing!

All in all I'm extremely pleased with the purchase of these wedges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know this is from a long while ago, but I noticed that Hanks also tested the R12 wedges as well. Just wondering if you can think back far enough to compare the two?

Two similarly different wedges if that makes sense. I like the weighting of the Mizzys better, the ball flight of the PING better, the feel (totally subjective here) of the Mizzys better, consistency of the PING a little better, and the shaft (ever so slightly) of the PING better

I know this is from a long while ago, but I noticed that Hanks also tested the R12 wedges as well. Just wondering if you can think back far enough to compare the two?

Two similarly different wedges if that makes sense. I like the weighting of the Mizzys better, the ball flight of the PING better, the feel (totally subjective here) of the Mizzys better, consistency of the PING a little better, and the shaft (ever so slightly) of the PING better

Thanks for laying that out Hanks, appreciate it.

I play reg flex in all my clubs and wondered if the stiff flex shaft that these come with will hurt my game at all ?

I bought the Tour S Rustique in 54 and 58 with KBS Tour shafts. Simply the best I've had! Feel is unmatched! If you're looking for wedges, don't miss hitting these!!!

Back