JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New company that sent in some golf balls for testing. We will have more coming soon.

6C427F82-2D2C-4DE3-A755-47B252E086D6.jpeg294F768F-B5AA-4684-A6EE-E00520A1AE77.jpegB2A98330-E296-42E0-BCF2-2BDB1F1871C3.jpegC18F17A9-77CC-4EFF-917E-AA47D09433CD.jpeg477F62FE-BDF2-4E2F-8E78-16D6BEFE80F7.jpegEC1A7E42-9CD8-419C-854C-8D8CED366C92.jpegF9300E35-84FF-4F98-9833-D51BFBF8872C.jpegB2B239CF-123F-4EE7-B0BD-8B88D20D84E2.jpeg

Follow their IG and Twitter accounts but haven't tried the balls. Looking forward to the review.

That sounds like an elitist ball with elitist packaging. I will immediately pass, regardless of my handicap. Most of the other companies like to say the ball is better for everyone or can improve everyone's game, this one says only play me if you're good. Hard pass on that.

The price is certainly right. Appreciate the design aspect of the packaging and website as well.

• Admin
The price is certainly right. Appreciate the design aspect of the packaging and website as well.
Price is an interesting thing with a lot of these DTC balls.
On one hand you are right. $24 and $28 for urethane covered golf balls seems like a really good deal.
On the other hand, Srixon Q-STAR Tour makes it a harder comparison being readily available and not much higher.

I have not tried these yet, but they will get a workout this weekend I am sure.

That sounds like an elitist ball with elitist packaging. I will immediately pass, regardless of my handicap. Most of the other companies like to say the ball is better for everyone or can improve everyone's game, this one says only play me if you're good. Hard pass on that.
They have a 15+ ball too. I actually appreciate the message. Most 20 handicaps out there won't benefit at all from buying top of the line balls costing $50 a dozen, but the companies obviously don't want to market it that way.

Interesting but no. I'll stick with US made balls and pay more for them.

I'd be in the Blue camp. Would be curious to try them out and see if they actually promote a straighter flight like it says

Just looked at these a bit closer and I guess they are a no go for me. The only way I can hit a 7 iron more than 165 is if it is downhill and downwind or I get a big bounce off a cart path or sprinkler head. Interesting that they state that specific yardage for that club on the packagaing of all 3 of the ball models in the OP.

Just looked at these a bit closer and I guess they are a no go for me. The only way I can hit a 7 iron more than 165 is if it is downhill and downwind or I get a big bounce off a cart path or sprinkler head. Interesting that they state that specific yardage for that club on the packagaing of all 3 of the ball models in the OP.
Personally I think that is a mistake on their part. Just my opinion, but with so many different irons currently on the market, it seems like a miss to base it on distance. Very little compression talk which creates a big part of that and we have requested that info (or I can measure). Based on the ball packaging, I would guess firm.

Interesting way to promote a ball, cut your demographic to a smaller part of golfers and go DTC when most in that range have “their” ball and would take I’d think more to try other balls.

I like the look of them actually, and definitely the price point, but as some others have mentioned I think the marketing is a pretty big mistake on these, not sure if I would go quite as far as Daluteh haha. But I do think they just have some tough phrases on their packaging for the average golfer to overcome? It's just kind of odd.

I mean, some could be on the #LoftJacking "Train" and not be in the right ball based on the 7 iron distance measurement......

Interesting way to promote a ball, cut your demographic to a smaller part of golfers and go DTC when most in that range have “their” ball and would take I’d think more to try other balls.
Haha, right? It's terrible but I appreciate it

Completely agree. Very strange marketing strategy!

Follow their IG and Twitter accounts but haven't tried the balls. Looking forward to the review.
I do as well. Just was looking at these yesterday. I love the side stamping! Especially the Blue ... my favorite color (y)

Yea it's just odd...

Handicap Range: 5-15

Play This Ball If You...

• Have a swing speed of 90-105 MPH with your driver
  • Hit a 7-iron more than 150 yards
  • Want to limit your slice or hook
  • Consistently shoot in the 80s or low 90s
I mean...if your swing speed with your driver is 90 MPH...you probably don't hit your 7 iron MORE than 150 yards. You say 5-15 handicap, but then your fine with low 90's? Those just don't seem to fit together to me?

Hmm. Not a fan of the packaging at all.
Discouraging use if you are a high or high/mid handicapper seems weird.

Wonder if they will be a little higher priced than other DTC options?

I mean...if your swing speed with your driver is 90 MPH...you probably don't hit your 7 iron MORE than 150 yards. You say 5-15 handicap, but then your fine with low 90's? Those just don't seem to fit together to me?
That's generally not the case actually. Equipment can make a lot of things different.

Strange marketing that comes across like a late-night/early-morning Ronco product.

Interesting packaging. I kind of dig the no nonsense approach

Yea it's just odd...

Handicap Range: 5-15

Play This Ball If You...

• Have a swing speed of 90-105 MPH with your driver
  • Hit a 7-iron more than 150 yards
  • Want to limit your slice or hook
  • Consistently shoot in the 80s or low 90s
Um, that is me.

My picture should be on the package.

Endorsement deals?!?!????

That's generally not the case actually. Equipment can make a lot of things different.
I mean...I'm just looking at average data from trackman and arccos. The amateur average driver swing is 93 mph according to trackman and according to Arccos the average golfer hits a 7i 145 yards. Now whether that aligns with a 15 handicap or not I'm honestly not sure?

And of course an unlimited budget, properly fitted clubs can effect that, but I'm not sure that's the general golfer?

I mean...I'm just looking at average data from trackman and arccos. The amateur average driver swing is 93 mph according to trackman and according to Arccos the average golfer hits a 7i 145 yards. Now whether that aligns with a 15 handicap or not I'm honestly not sure?

And of course an unlimited budget, properly fitted clubs can effect that, but I'm not sure that's the general golfer?

My take wasn't about fit. It was about type of clubs.
Trackman and Arccos would have more to do with budget than fitting FWIW.

Golf equipment does not all travel the same distance. Be it loft, head style (weight placement), size, etc. Using 90 mph and getting over 150 or less with a 7 iron would be more uncommon than you believe. Especially with modern equipment.

Lots of different distances based on equipment nowadays, which is why I don't believe they should message this way. Personal opinion anyway.

Sign me up for the Blue seems like it would be a great fit! interesting the HCP comes into play... distance could be perfect for the top but shot selection not. oh well. Seems a bit cartoonish and not "high end" I like the alignment with the color differentiator.

Back