Play Ballyhack Hole 14

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For those that have been there with THP, you know this is one heck of a cool hole. Short, but with an absolutely KILLER false front that will have balls rolling back 20 yards or so. The kicker is going too long can also be death. Not to mention that tee shot can be demanding.

For those that have been there with THP, you know this is one heck of a cool hole. Short, but with an absolutely KILLER false front that will have balls rolling back 20 yards or so. The kicker is going too long can also be death. Not to mention that tee shot can be demanding.

Watched @ccjimmy2001 on this hole :oops:

So in other words go flag hunting cuz you might be screwed either way? ;)

• Admin
So in other words go flag hunting cuz you might be screwed either way? ;)
I mean you have to get to the fairway before you get to the approach shot. Did you watch the video? :ROFLMAO:

Imperative that you find the fairway to begin. Dead in the water if you don’t, you probably made bogey to double bogey.

Looovee that little bowl their center right. It’s devilish and asking for someone to take on a shot they may be uncomfortable with depending on wind or their swing that day.

Center of the green on this unless you have a number you like, or you’re just in full tilt mode and don’t care

That is a tough looking hole. What is the carry to the center of the fairway off the tee?

Off the tee I’m taking whatever club is going to leave me around 120-130 in and assuming I pull off the tee shot I’ll probably pull a 9i just to make certain I hit the green

• Admin
That is a tough looking hole. What is the carry to the center of the fairway off the tee?
Going off memory it depends the target, but I think less than 235 is necessary and more than 200.

I mean you have to get to the fairway before you get to the approach shot. Did you watch the video? :ROFLMAO:

short par 4 right? And we're all internet golfers so we're getting there with driver.

If it's me playing I'm hitting one of those cart paths and hoping I can find my ball for the 2nd shot.

Angled fairways are my nemesis. Don't want to bite off too much, but don't want to leave a long approach. I usually take a much more aggressive line than I originally intend to. That being said, I'm hitting driver.

Man 1st time I didn't make the fairway. 2nd time I went long because short wasn't an option. Bogey both times.

Try to leave the tee shot a bit further back around a 9 or 10i to not have to get into wedges and get into my head about spin with the false front.

Going off memory it depends the target, but I think less than 235 is necessary and more than 200.
A good 5w off the tee and I'd have to go for that lower tier even if the pin was in the back, so you either have a short putt or a long uphill putt. Rather go uphill than be long and have to putt down to that bottom tier with the false front right behind it.

A good 5w off the tee and I'd have to go for that lower tier even if the pin was in the back, so you either have a short putt or a long uphill putt. Rather go uphill than be long and have to putt down to that bottom tier with the false front right behind it.
If you hit the front tier with any sort of spin, you will spin off 15-25 yards off the green.

Well...that looks fun :oops:

Driving iron/wedge. wedge, wedge, putter putter :ROFLMAO:

That looks fun. I’d take driver off the tee since my natural flight is a draw. This should set up well for me. I’d try and use driver because I don’t think I’d want to try and hit a long iron into that green with all the trouble around it. Probably end up blocking it right and having to chip on. What a great hole.

If you hit the front tier with any sort of spin, you will spin off 15-25 yards off the green.
Gross. haha. That is definitely a skill hole.

Pretty sure @Kmench drives this hole. The rest of us mortals MUST hit the fairway. I did day 1 and came away w/ a 3 putt bogey. I did not day 2 and came away w/ much more than bogey.

Love that hole.

not sure the distance to the fairway and when it ends. I would probably go with a 6 iron to the fairway.

Then aim for back of the green and play a big slinging draw ( like I have a choice :LOL:) to the bill on the right and let that kick back to the hole. Par here would be just fine for me

Meanest green complex I’ve ever played.

You HAVE to get it to the back, if not, it’s coming all the way back off the green and down the hill.

You hit it long on your approach? You’re effed.

I hit UW off the tee to leave a 115-130 shot in, then try to control the spin into the green while not thinning it out of fear.

I'd probably hit 3h to the fairway and hopefully have a short iron into the green, then wedge from whichever side I roll off.

If that's the distance then I'm going Utility Iron off the tee, then wedge in to hopefully get it up and keep it up there.

Depending on yardages: Something into the fairway followed by a short iron/wedge into the green. Since I can't spin anything to save my life, we'll hope that the normal one hop and stop shot lands me somewhere on the complex to putt for par. All in theory of course....

Back