chrise

Reaction score
Handicap
i love to play with 2~3 friends, sometimes i also play alone, but not often

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
I'm gonna totally skim this thread and say that I'm the complete opposite. I like playing with other people. I would rather play with friends but I would also play with randoms rather than by myself. As long as they aren't there for the sole purpose of getting drunk. This is why I only play before 9 AM on weekends, to hopefully avoid these type of people.

Helo

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
I play alone alot. I have a schedule where I work saturdays and take sunday, mondays off. I don't think I necessarily play better alone, but when I'm not playing well it's nice to walk a round by myself and work some things out. I like spending time by myself anyway. Golf is totally an escape for me and I like to play alone and get a chance to have some quiet reflection.

achase215

Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
I find myself playing alone alot but that is to go out and get better only been playing the game for 3 years and trying to get better I feel I focus more when I am flying solo.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I usually play some of my best golf when playing alone, I think that's because it's a nice escape and really allows me to focus more. The other side is that I play a heck of a lot faster, the downside is, I really enjoy a round of golf with some nice people and just laugh and enjoy the day.

All4's

Need. More. Eagles.
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm similar to others that commented. I LOVE to play a round alone if I am practicing some thing(s).

But I prefer to play with others most of the time.

I do enjoy the occasional late afternoon solo round for peace and serenity too though.

But I'm very not just comfortable doing things alone, I often prefer it. I enjoy dining, movies, driving and some other activities alone. I think it comes from growing up out in the country and spending time alone as a kid.

SFCoach

Reaction score
I love playing along for practice purposes. I played alone today and it was great. Allows me to practice tricky little shots on the course itself. I still prefer playing with people but I do play alone usually at least once a week.

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
I prefer to play alone because I find it more relaxing. Golf with others can be a double-edged sword because you never know what kind of people you will get paired up with. Ive had both good and bad experiences with it.
I also find playing alone to be more convenient because I can go whenever I want and dont have to work around other peoples' schedule. Dont get me wrong, Id love to have a bunch of golf buddies, but it hasnt happened yet and Im not going to not play just because I cant find others to go with.

bogey_russ

outside operations
Reaction score
Handicap
girs
there is nothing like a completely empty course with just you and your game
there is nothing worse than a completely crowded course where you are forced to be with 3 buddies who are not your buddy (or worse... jerks)
there is also nothing like sharing a round with some great ppl when your game is on(hopefully they witness your ace)

hjimzaf

I beat the Razr Challenge
Reaction score
Handicap
A local course near me has $20 twilight after 2pm. I love going there around 4pm on a weekday and having the course all to myself. It's so peaceful and relaxing.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I'll be heading to catch nine this afternoon by myself, it should be a quick round!

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
I'll be heading to catch nine this afternoon by myself, it should be a quick round!
me too, hopefully there arent any "suprises" waiting for me

Hankster

Grooming the Green
Reaction score
Handicap
me too, hopefully there arent any "suprises" waiting for me
Me three. I took in 9 holes this morning at 8am. The front 9 had a four group line. So, I just went the back 9 and had a great morning round :) I don't know why everyone does the front 9, though I'm not complaining. I love having the back 9 to myself, had three 10ft+ putts this morning. Couldn't high five anyone, but that's alright :)

Was neat to see a mother deer with her fawn following behind walking across my fairway on hole 3. They were only 20-30 feet from me.

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
Me three. I took in 9 holes this morning at 8am. The front 9 had a four group line. So, I just went the back 9 and had a great morning round :) I don't know why everyone does the front 9, though I'm not complaining. I love having the back 9 to myself :)
yeah I gotta play the back 9 anyhow tonight to go with my last front 9 score, hoping its nice and clear

Craig81

Reaction score
Handicap
Before the kids came along I had a job which involved shift work, either working early in the morning or late at night. If I was on the late shift I used to play golf on my own while my Wife was at work. I actually really enjoy it. A bit of time to yourself does you the world of good....

Plus, sometimes I think, with one of the guys I play with regularly in particular, I am too often trying to help him along as he is a bit hard on himself at times - beating himself up about bogies, getting irrate, etc. Playing alone lets me concentrate on what I am doing and not doing.

Can't beat an early morning round with the birds singing :)

Nappy

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
PBR

Fourputt

Head Rules Official
Reaction score
Handicap
Me three. I took in 9 holes this morning at 8am. The front 9 had a four group line. So, I just went the back 9 and had a great morning round :) I don't know why everyone does the front 9, though I'm not complaining. I love having the back 9 to myself, had three 10ft+ putts this morning. Couldn't high five anyone, but that's alright :)

Was neat to see a mother deer with her fawn following behind walking across my fairway on hole 3. They were only 20-30 feet from me.
Consider yourself lucky. My home course (where I both play most of my golf and work as a starter) fills up as fast on the back 9 in the first 2 hours as it does on the front. We only do 9 hole reservations on the back 9 for the first 1:45 in the morning - the front 9 is saved for 18 hole players. After that first 1:45, then no more back 9 times are made to allow the 18 hole players a clear shot at the turn. 18 hole players always have precedence because they paid for that privilege.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in