Playstation 4 & PS4 Games

They halted production? Sounds like they might have some issues at Sony. Glad I waited. Don't want a lemon.

Yes, there's and issue, but not unexpected.

I'll wait for actually facts before I start launching concerns of console quality. First hand, I've had three Xbox consoles break on me, and I have never had a single Playstation console fault. Until something is actually proven wrong with a MASSIVE number of PS4s, they still own Microsoft on console functionality.

It's huge news because of Microsoft issues last launch so everyone is looking for this and social media blowing everything up. Can you imagine if twitter and reddit were around during the early days of the 360 launch

I'll likely own both eventually. As far as 'console to own first' I was pretty confident in the Playstation builds, regardless of processing etc (more in terms of a DOA comparison).

Should be fun to watch the complaints get filed on XBOne. Pretty sure PS was further ahead in development at E3.

I'mexpecting the xbox one to have issues(mainly server issues) but nothing major just like this i don't think is major either. I'm just glad I got lucky

I'mexpecting the xbox one to have issues(mainly server issues) but nothing major just like this i don't think is major either. I'm just glad I got lucky

Yeah hate server issues.

Has PS4 had server issues? Thought I saw something on yahoo page but only saw topic line

Yeah hate server issues.

Has PS4 had server issues? Thought I saw something on yahoo page but only saw topic line

I believe release night it shut down PSN. But after that it's been just game servers. Read COD is fine but BF4 is horrible right now for me. Haven't been able to play for 6 hours sadly

They forecasted these issues?

Every company forecasts for defects

This one might be a bit worse, yes. However like jb said only time will tell

And I will likely own both one day as well

Yeah hate server issues.

No psn issues. Just issues with individual games and that falls back on the game developers and their dedicated servers.

I believe release night it shut down PSN. But after that it's been just game servers. Read COD is fine but BF4 is horrible right now for me. Haven't been able to play for 6 hours sadly

Bummer well at least u have COD operational

Expected failure rates are generally 1 to 3 percent.

Ah ok...I saw Sony saying a handful...which is a lot less than 1 to 3 percent lol I'm sure it will all be resolved and rectified

Ah ok...I saw Sony saying a handful...which is a lot less than 1 to 3 percent lol I'm sure it will all be resolved and rectified

Think of it this way. If 3,000,000 units were sold 3% is 90,000 consoles which seems high but its still 3%. I don't think this is going to be an issue. The Forbes article joe referenced is a good read about this.

Think of it this way. If 3,000,000 units were sold 3% is 90,000 consoles which seems high but its still 3%. I don't think this is going to be an issue. The Forbes article joe referenced is a good read about this.

Yeah like i said when I hear handful I think a few dozen lol maybe they should have said "a small percentage"...either way if it's something they were expecting I'm sure it will all be squared away in due time

Yesterday Sony said they were at 0.4%

This was part of the issue. They originally issued a statement refuting a report from IGN saying the failure was only coming in at 0.04%; they corrected it to 0.4% today. It'll still probably fall into the acceptable range when all is said and done, but I'd speculate it's a lot closer to 4% than 0.4%.

The social media factor is definitely a first for a console launch (WiiU doesn't really count does it?...even though I have one).

My hold time ended up being around an hour. They close soon and must be trying to get through the call queue, as the agent I got said she had just been pulled over to help and hasn't dealt with any PS4 issues yet. I advised her what I had already tried, she consulted a Supervisor who asked that we do some troubleshooting...which was a repeat of my earlier attempts. Ended up resulting in a service return; 3-5 business days to get the shipping box, then 7-10 to get a unit back - new or refurb'd which has me a little wary but is to be expected.

It is funny that they have to offer a $50 extended service warranty on the call - I knew it was coming so I was able to avoid laughing.

FYI, for those of you who like to tinker, accessing the HDD is extremely easy and does not affect the warranty; once I get a functional unit I may consider swapping it out for an SSD

It sucks that you're dealing with those issues dude. We talk about acceptable rates, but it's never acceptable when it's happening to you.

Here's to a quick resolution. Did they offer anything as penance for dealing with the bad unit?

Ive heard Amazon is offering a free month of Prime for people that return them, but they dont have any relpacements so its refund only. Nothing from Sony. I was fired up about it early in the day but now just kind of meh.

Glad to hear the positive feedback about the system, though. I really wish I was a CoD guy for the online play, but ive always been terrible at fps games. They have a new feature on there that is supposed to enhance single player (Squads?) but still couldnt justify it. Stuck w/ AC4, FIFA, and lolKnack whenever the replacement arrives.

Good news! New bf4 ps4 server side patch is rolling out!

egapymuj.jpg

Nice!!

Was it supposed to be CoD that was going to run games off their own servers? I'm still getting connection changes based on in game hosts when I play it.

Nice!!

Was it supposed to be CoD that was going to run games off their own servers? I'm still getting connection changes based on in game hosts when I play it.

Battlefield always had dedicated servers. Cod was supposed to

Battlefield always had dedicated servers. Cod was supposed to

That's been a definite letdown. I had to exit a couple games because the lag was so terrible, but that's happened on both consoles (360 and PS4).

Hope people are on tonight. COD should be downloaded finally

Back