Playstation 4 & PS4 Games

Well the launch madness has subsided for the most part, and Sony said today that the failure rate has been under 1%

http://kotaku.com/ps4-failure-rate-is-less-than-1-sony-says-1467673544

Yesterday, Sony said that the they sold 1,000,000 PlayStation 4s on the console's first day of sale. A 1% error rate would affect 10,000 consoles. The ultimate failure rate for the "red ring of death" on the Xbox 360 has been estimated to be as high as 50%.

Sweet jesus, that XBOne number cannot be accurate.

Well the launch madness has subsided for the most part, and Sony said today that the failure rate has been under 1%

http://kotaku.com/ps4-failure-rate-is-less-than-1-sony-says-1467673544

Yesterday, Sony said that the they sold 1,000,000 PlayStation 4s on the console's first day of sale. A 1% error rate would affect 10,000 consoles. The ultimate failure rate for the "red ring of death" on the Xbox 360 has been estimated to be as high as 50%.

You are comparing a 3 year statistic for launch 360's versus a 1 weekend launch for PS4's. I personally don't think it's a very good idea to compare that type of data.

Good to hear steady supply of PS4. I just sold mine for 580.00.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sometimes I think people underestimate how bad the failure rate was for 360's. I would be surprised if we see that again in the next few generations of console or ever again honestly.

Well, since i just bought my PS4 on launch day, I still have my original ps3 as well.

I also have my 5th xbox360. All 4 previous were stricken by RRoD

Off-topic: snagged an Xbox One from Amazon this morning. Not sure I'll keep it, but it was there!

Still not email or return shipping box from Sony...games look lonely. Has anyone played Knack? Wondering if it's any good or if it will just end up being something for the kids to beat in 6 months.

Knack is okay, very repetitive I got it with the buy 2 get 1 free deal. I don't think I would spend $60 on it.

Off-topic: snagged an Xbox One from Amazon this morning. Not sure I'll keep it, but it was there!

Still not email or return shipping box from Sony...games look lonely. Has anyone played Knack? Wondering if it's any good or if it will just end up being something for the kids to beat in 6 months.

Wow, surprised to see them listing some Xbox One's a couple days beforehand instead of holding them until launch day. I bet we see a lot more Xbox's in stores this holiday season and the PS4's will be hard to find, it seems many more people are leaning PS4. Something tells me I could walk into a retail store at 2PM on Friday and there would be some Xbox's on the shelf

Wow, surprised to see them listing some Xbox One's a couple days beforehand instead of holding them until launch day. I bet we see a lot more Xbox's in stores this holiday season and the PS4's will be hard to find, it seems many more people are leaning PS4. Something tells me I could walk into a retail store at 2PM on Friday and there would be some Xbox's on the shelf

I seriously doubt you will find either system on the shelf until early next year. No chance there will be an Xbox One sitting on the shelf on release day, that's just silly.

I seriously doubt you will find either system on the shelf until early next year. No chance there will be an Xbox One sitting on the shelf on release day, that's just silly.

My PS4 was in stock on release day. I don't think it's that crazy at all.

now, maybe late in the day it's a bit crazier... But release day on shelf? Many stores have at least SOME stock.

So who is playing this evening? My new chat headset should be arriving so I will be anxious to test it out.

My PS4 was in stock on release day. I don't think it's that crazy at all.

now, maybe late in the day it's a bit crazier... But release day on shelf? Many stores have at least SOME stock.

I'm not saying they won't have some to sell on release day, but there will undoubtedly be people standing in lines to buy them. They will never actually make it to the shelf, at least I've never seen it with all the hype that leads up to a new videogame console.

I'm not saying they won't have some to sell on release day, but there will undoubtedly be people standing in lines to buy them. They will never actually make it to the shelf, at least I've never seen it with all the hype that leads up to a new videogame console.

I guess it depends where you go. Mine was acquired by someone going into a Target shortly after 8am, walking casually to the back of the store, and getting one. Probably around 8:15 or 8:20am. It surprised me, and surprised a few of the guys I chat with regularly who noted availability at some WalMart stores after 12pm.

Pre-ordering has changed the game quite a bit I think.

I guess it depends where you go. Mine was acquired by someone going into a Target shortly after 8am, walking casually to the back of the store, and getting one. Probably around 8:15 or 8:20am. It surprised me, and surprised a few of the guys I chat with regularly who noted availability at some WalMart stores after 12pm.

Pre-ordering has changed the game quite a bit I think.

I stand corrected then, around here they were sold out within minutes of the stores opening.

They were Day One editions, so there may be some contractually obligated reason they couldn't hold them until release day, sell, and then ship. It seems they were probably the left-over systems from cancelled pre-orders or from people whose credit cards declined when they tried to bill them. There must have been a fair amount as I would have been able to order twice if they hadn't placed a purchase limit on it; still sold whatever stock they had in 8 minutes. I kinda forgot to order a game, which may be a good thing, since I don't know if I'm keeping it.

Back on topic...my PS4 return shipping box literally JUST showed up from FedEx. I'm kind of in shock that I didn't have to call a 2nd time (yet). Shows overnight shipping here and back; called Saturday, means it didn't get processed until Tuesday which is a bit annoying, but nice to see them expedite it. I'd heard they were doing it, but was skeptical. Now to try to get it back out today...

You can throw me on the OP.

PSN: jtj0313
Games: AC4, COD, NBA 2K

I don't play COD too often because I am absolutely terrible at it, but maybe I will try to get on it more.

Thanks!

Think I might just cancel my Xbox One pre order or maybe I will just get it and either return it or sell it. A lot going on right now and I am going to be busy coming up, no sense in having both right now.

Think I might just cancel my Xbox One pre order or maybe I will just get it and either return it or sell it. A lot going on right now and I am going to be busy coming up, no sense in having both right now.

I can keep it company for you until you have more time. Just a friend helping a friend.

I don't want to put such a burden on you, that sort of stuff can change a friendship.

It's my pleasure my friend. I will work all the kinks for you too.

I will get better a cod. Knocking off 3 years of rust.

Looks like the PS4 BF4 servers are all good to go.

Man, conquest is absolutely incredible.

Back