Poll: Your Most Satisfying Type of Shot

Poll: Your Most Satisfying Type of Shot

• Booming Drive Right Down the Middle

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Fairway/hybrid bomb onto par 5 in two.

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Long iron flighted perfectly to target.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • Wedge or short iron spun back to hole.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Bunker splash to gimme range.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Flop shot over hazard to 3 feet.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Holing a 30 footer.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Draining a pressure-filled 5 footer.

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
Like you said, probably the pin seeking iron on a par three.

I think this is the most satisfying shot because it cuts out a lot of other subsequent other shots. Take that shot into the green and miss the green, then you open yourself up to sand play, weird chips, tough up and downs, 3 putts, etc..

Bombing a drive right down the middle definitely helps the score (possibly the most for an amateur). Why it is not the most satisfying is probably because there's still a lot of "work to be done" on the hole.

How about the dicey recovery shot you lace through the trees?

I chose the fw/hybo to a par 5 because of the options provided, it's the shot I pull off the least

I chose Wedge or short iron spun back to hole. Why? That's the rarest shot I can usually perform when needed. The others are great but the wedge shot is where I feel I'm less effective and generally lose the most strokes so when it's accomplished I'm extremely happy!

I went with the wedge shot. That's my favorite shot to hit and one I work on more than most others.

Hitting a par 5 in two because it's the one that happens the least.

Sticking a wedge tight. Close second is a long putt drained

Booming a drive down the middle to open aTHP event.

Close second -- draining a putt that you have to make to win a match or shoot a great round (ex., shooting a PB)

Hitting a par 5 in two because it's the one that happens the least.

If you had a better driver, I bet you'd reach more stuff in two.

If only a particular company made a fantastic, new driver that could get you there.

CC: @jasonfinleycg

Has to be the knock down wedge shot for me. I hit them so poorly most of the time, whenever I hit a good one to give myself a look at birdie, I always feel good about those shots.

If only a particular company made a fantastic, new driver that could get you there.

If they'd go ahead and ship the fantastic thing to me, I'd have that opportunity. :alien:

#PreOrdered
#NotGBBWeek

CC: @CallawayGolfCS

Almost forgot... approach shot... putting one inside your playing partner's

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The perfect drive is tops for me.

Definitely #2, for me no better feeling than a two putt birdie. Hitting that 220-240 yard shot that seems to go forever and stop on the green is awesome. Knowing I have a putt for eagle on that long walk in, also knowing the pressure you just put on an opponent is priceless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I'll take the pressured 5 foot putt. For me, it's all about the happy ending. :bulgy-eyes:

Bunker splash to gimmie range. I would be happy if I could get out of a bunker in one shot all the time, gimmie range is just icing on the cake.
I expect all the other shots to happen, anyway. :D

I know one that does!

#LeaveNoYardBehind #GBB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mid iron to tap in range. Nothing better to walk up to the green from down the fairway knowing you don't have any work to do.

A purely struck, trapped wedge, to a foot or two. That feel, that sound, and the pending tap-in are just awesome!

I don't know much about some of those shots but I love a good iron.

Long iron on point.

I didn't vote because I get excited over any shot I design in my head and pull off on the course.

I love a good drive for sure, but its the looooooong putts especially when the ball goes two directions and then right into the hole that gets me every time!

Easily a big bomb of a drive for me. It gets my blood pumping and inspires confidence directly to the rest of my game for the next few holes.

Back