Pre round check in- what's too early?

I’m in that 45-60 min range as well. I can’t say I’ve ever seen a place tell you NOT to come too early. I like to loosen up my back either on the range or just swinging the Orange Whip, doing some short game work, hitting the men’s room, etc. I hate feeling rushed trying to get to the first tee.

What does check in mean? Paying for your round of golf and using the facilities? I’m showing up whenever I want. Usually no earlier than 45 mins though.
So, earlier than you get to the airport then? :ROFLMAO:

As for me, at my course I'm a bit of a trunk slammer and I need to get better at that.

Any other course I like to get there 30-45 minutes early.

So, earlier than you get to the airport then? :ROFLMAO:
How I Met Your Mother Sitcom GIF by Laff

My earliest arrival was 4 1/2 hours early. Drove thru night, trip was faster than thought, pulled up to guard house, was first on premises. Guard showed up a few minutes later and showed me where to park. Spent 2 1/2 hours on range alternating between hitting balls and putting. Fastest greens I have ever played. My first putt I literally hit off the green. And I knew they would be super fast. But WOW. Didn't 3 putt during my round. And I had a lot of long putts. Greens were rolling 13. Oakmont. Every day speed for them.

I’m usually 30-45 minutes early

Exception is our annual trip in June where we check in, grab lunch to BS, then hit balls/warmup before the round

Like most I like to be at the course and check-in 45-60 minutes before tee time. That's probably the norm. However, I've been a couple hours early before, just depends on the tee time and how much time I want to spend (range/eating/putting) before playing.

I've been there many times an hour early. I have never seen anything limiting that

Depends on where i'm going, one course I go to has no range so it's show up 10-15 minutes before tee time to check in and get everything ready. Other courses have decent driving range so try to show up around 45 minutes before to get some swings/chips in.

I will typically arrive hour early if I want to practice. Time to check in, range, short game, putt and get drinks. If regular league round about 5 minutes.

I mean, they don't want you hitting 3 hours worth of range balls before the round.

If it's my home course, Give me 10-20 minutes. From check in to first tee.

If it's a destination course, I might want to get there a little early to take in the ambiance.

The course we go to regularly doesn't have a range so we often arrive about 30 minutes early to check-in, set up the push carts, and hit some putts, stretch, etc.

If I'm at a course with a range such as a resort on vacation, I arrive at least an hour early to be able to stretch and go through a proper warmup before hitting the practice putting green. If they wouldn't let me check-in earlier or give me my range balls I would putt first on the putting green and then go check-in for the round and get my range balls.

45-60 arrival time is plenty. I don't want to wear myself out on the range. Just need 15 minutes to full shots, 10 or so for short game, 5-10 for putting and I'm fine.

I usually checking in around 30 to 45 mins before my round. I would think if some place had a policy like that if I showed up earlier may just do the putting and chipping first before going to pay for the round and some range balls.

I'm more than likely to show up 15 minutes prior. Depending on the course, I'll show up an hour ahead. That's almost too much time for me though.

I am usually an hour early sometimes more if i want to chip or putt extra.

I’ve only had two courses ask for me to not camp out there hours prior on the range etc. One turned cool about it when I got there 90min early (what traffic that day?) but I asked if I could just go eat lunch, and they said that would be perfect.

Second one… ohhh no. The gate wouldn’t let me in until one hour prior to tee time. While I enjoyed the course, I sure as hell didn’t enjoy that aspect. By the time you get to the clubhouse, checked in, and got to the range? Basically had 35min. Not a fan.

At home, I'm usually a 45 minutes to an hour guy. I check-in, get my cart key, load my bag onto the cart, make sure the sand bottles are full. I do a bit of stretching and head to the range. If we are on mats, I might hit 15-20 balls. Otherwise, it's a bucket of 40-50, then a few chips and pitches and some putts. I hate feeling rushed and enjoy my time at the course. I'm not aware of a too early check-in at my course. We do have a rule requiring check-in 20 minutes before your tee time.

If I'm on a trip, I'm at the course earlier to grab breakfast, chit-chat or pro shop then go through stretching and a warm-up.

30 minutes is plenty of time to warm up & check in. Half the time I rarely hit balls before the round anyway. I'm a "parking lot, straight to the tee" kinda golfer :ROFLMAO: Maybe that's one of my problems :unsure:

I'm in the 30 min camp. Enough time to hit a few balls and do some putting.

Kind of weird there's a rule you can't "check-in" more than an hour before your tee time. Not sure why it would even matter to the course if you're just there doing your own thing until the tee time. Is it crowded or is the range/putting green small and they're trying to ensure there's space for those who have tee times coming up sooner?

As for me, at my course I'm a bit of a trunk slammer and I need to get better at that.

Any other course I like to get there 30-45 minutes early.
I used to get to the course 25-30 minutes early, which essentially made me a trunk slammer. We're almost always on the tee before our scheduled tee time, and there were a lot of times when my buddies either called me while I was on the way to ask how far out I was, or they pulled up to me in the parking lot as I arrived and told me to hurry up because we were next on the tee. Can't even tell you how many times my "warmup" has been a run to the first tee box and a practice swing or two.

Now I get there a little over an hour early. It gives me time to put my bag on the pushcart, load up and organize my stuff, grab a cup of coffee, check in and BS with whoever's working the pro shop, then go see the starter to find out where we are in line. Sometimes he tells us we have time for 15-20 minutes at the range, sometimes he tells us we're second or third in line to go. Yesterday he bumped us up ahead of the morning men's league and we were the first group off the tee, 45 minutes before our scheduled tee time.

This absolutely depends on the course. When I go to Pebble, I will be a couple hours early because I love the breakfast there and then there is a shuttle to the warmup range. However if im playing Spyglass 45 mins is enough because the range is right there and the food is terrible. The earliest I will show up is 2 hours and thats only if I plan to eat before my round and enjoy the day. 15 mins is the minimum if im rushing to play my local course.

Unless it's Pine Valley or Augusta National, I'll show up whenever I please...

If they have a range/short game area I tend to get there an hour or so before my time. If they only have a putting green I will get there 30 minutes before my time.

Back