Precision Pro NX10 Rangefinder Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
One of the coolest things in golf is to see a brand that comes onto the scene to disrupt, and does just that, but as time goes, they evolve into something much more resonating. Frankly, it doesn’t happen much in this industry, there are way more failures than successes for those trying to gain a seat at the table. 

Interestingly, it is in the distance measurement realm of golf equipment that we are seeing some companies truly accomplish the feat of establishing themselves as a long-term contender. One of those, is Precision Pro. On what feels like a mission to force the rest of the industry to evolve and innovate when it comes to distance measurement, this company has been moving at a fever pitch in recent years. Their next target? Making rangefinders fun again. Enter stage right, the Precision Pro NX10...

[url=https://www.thehackersparadise.com/precision-pro-nx10-rangefinder-review/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally bought a range finder two days ago. I was between this one and the Blue Tees Series 3 Max the other day. It was a coin flip, but ultimately decided I wanted the Ambient Auto Display. This is a fantastic rangefinder for the value though, and the customization is super cool. Would love to have UNC colored plate for sure! Great review Jman!

Having tested just about every device on the market this year, the NX10 is near the top and @Jman nailed the points in this review. Crazy fast. Good magnet. Custom looks. Free batteries.

This is going in my bag.

Good writeup! I really like my NX7 but rarely use it now with having the ShotScope V3. If I was going to upgrade my range finder this year, this one would be at the top of my list. Really like the customization of it.

Man, I like the looks of that rangefinder! Great write up

I’ll have to give this a close look. The Leupold is fading on me and it’s time for a change.

Sounds like an incredible rangefinder and really like the customization option. Have been very pleased with the NX9 Slope so certainly would not hesitate to go with PP again when the need arises.

Great writeup, and I agree the Precision Pro rangefinders are excellent values. I had an NX7 for a while and it worked great - almost immediate readings, incredibly strong magnet, you name it. My only issue with that was the power and mode buttons were too close together on the top and I would accidentally press one rather than the other at times. Hopefully that's not an issue with the newer models.

Can anyone comment on the outer case? Been reading some reviews that it’s pretty slick and could fall out of one’s hands easily

Can anyone comment on the outer case? Been reading some reviews that it’s pretty slick and could fall out of one’s hands easily
I honestly have no idea what they’re talking about there. That, to me, is just looking for something to nitpick because it’s so damn good. It’s no more slick than any other rangefinder I’ve ever used or reviewed.

I honestly have no idea what they’re talking about there. That, to me, is just looking for something to nitpick because it’s so damn good. It’s no more slick than any other rangefinder I’ve ever used or reviewed.
Just read it based on some buyer feedback and then the Let’s play through guy on YouTube dropped it and mentioned it was slick

Great writeup @Jman!

Love my Precision Pro rangefinder, and this another great offering! The customization options are really cool!

Just read it based on some buyer feedback and then the Let’s play through guy on YouTube dropped it and mentioned it was slick
I put about 20 rounds on this one and slipping was never an issue.

I put about 20 rounds on this one and slipping was never an issue.
Good to know. I have had ones that had silicon rubber cases to help protect them and would still drop those, so most of that is just the user not being careful.

Looks like other brands are getting into the logo/custom game too. While not for me, I get the draw here.
and Go Bucks !!

1660216076936.png

Looks like other brands are getting into the logo/custom game too. While not for me, I get the draw here.
and Go Bucks !!

View attachment 9111609
But that is branded, not customizable. There’s nothing out there like what Precision Pro is doing right now.

This one just got hooked up to the bag for the golf trip next week to the GOAT.
I kind of want a THP branded cover haha.

But that is branded, not customizable. There’s nothing out there like what Precision Pro is doing right now.
True. Guess I was thinking of the branded ones PP is offering with the 10 model

True. Guess I was thinking of the branded ones PP is offering with the 10 model
Those are still customizable, you can change the face plates, it’s not a permanent style.

I'll be curious to see the long term reviews on this one and how it functions. Seemed like the NX7 had known issues, then the NX9 came and "seemed" to sort it out.. So I bought one and it failed to pick up yardages over half the time so I returned it within 30 days. I like they are an OH company and want to support them. Their customer service was great to work with, but still skeptical with my prior experience.

I had similar issues (not as egregious as with the NX9) with my Nikon 50i not picking up targets and so now I am on the hunt for a new laser. Just want one I can rely on like my Bushnell V2 Slope that I had for 7+ years that never had an issue. Unfortunately I lost it on the course. grrrrr.

Good write up @Jman . Seems like it checks the boxes very well. I think distance devices are becoming something that I really like in golf just got the fact it helps figure out my clubsore quickly.

This one just got hooked up to the bag for the golf trip next week to the GOAT.
I kind of want a THP branded cover haha.
Do they allow uploading of images to be printed on the label? That is next level

Do they allow uploading of images to be printed on the label? That is next level
Not currently.
Their selection is pretty darn good though for just starting this out. I have 3-4 that I kind of dig already.

As of now, they do not. But they are working with some brands/pods/personalities for designs that can be purchased

Not currently.
Their selection is pretty darn good though for just starting this out. I have 3-4 that I kind of dig already.
They did a really good job of making a solid breadth of options available out of the gates

Back