Project X Even Flow Riptide Shaft

Riptide = ******* Badass

I tried the cb 6.5 coming from an even flow blue 6.5
found it much stouter and lower spin - didn't give me high enough launch and spin - likely need the 6.0 at most I figure - different feeling shaft to me
Haven't tried the standard Riptide as of yet - wondering on flex there..figure 6.0 as I heard the CB was stiffer profile than the standard Riptide

anyone else ?
Does anyone have some advice for me on which of these shafts might suit me best?
say coming from even flow blue
Regular ? and if so, with the same flex or 1 notch down ?

Really appreciated

Does anyone have some advice for me on which of these shafts might suit me best?
say coming from even flow blue
Regular ? and if so, with the same flex or 1 notch down ?

Really appreciated
Standard riptide has more similarities than the CB to the Blue if that’s what you’re seeking out. But, it’s actually more in between the EF blue and EF black, like they had a baby, a baby that is less counter balanced than the EF Blue was.

It too plays true to flex to slightly stiff imo. Because of that it’s hard to tel you what flex to jump on.

Standard riptide has more similarities than the CB to the Blue if that’s what you’re seeking out. But, it’s actually more in between the EF blue and EF black, like they had a baby, a baby that is less counter balanced than the EF Blue was.

It too plays true to flex to slightly stiff imo. Because of that it’s hard to tel you what flex to jump on.

Great insight - thank You
thinking 6.0 in Riptide and 5.5 in CB would likely be the right ones for me

any other thoughts welcome

Should have a riptide here Saturday with any luck. Will put it in new speed zone head.

Went for the Regular Riptide 60 6.0
putting it in the Mavrik Max
putting it up against Original Evenflow 65 6.0, VA Nemesys 65 - S and a Rogue White 130 - S

Went for the Regular Riptide 60 6.0
putting it in the Mavrik Max
putting it up against Original Evenflow 65 6.0, VA Nemesys 65 - S and a Rogue White 130 - S

Looking forward to your thoughts. I really like the Riptide 60.

70 6.5 pull arrived finally. Going to go into my OG One and give it another crack at retaining the bag.

A8C99CF4-5582-49EF-B712-5FFEF78B8254.jpeg
Just got this bad boy yesterday. Can’t hit until possibly Thursday night though. Then going to put it through the paces on Saturday. Can’t wait!

This picture also does absolutely zero justice to how incredible this shaft looks

Put riptide and speed zone head to the test this morning. It wants to draw. Which is fine a little adjusting to the head and it should be a good fit for me. Hit about 20 drives on simulator.

Seriously why do I ******* love this shaft as much as I do.

Seriously why do I ******* love this shaft as much as I do.
Its honestly become my favorite driver shaft probably ever for my game.

Its honestly become my favorite driver shaft probably ever for my game.

I cant even begin to explain it. But I love it. I think @DB TT deserves the credit

I cant even begin to explain it. But I love it. I think @DB TT deserves the credit
I was pretty surprised when this was unveiled as our tester shaft for TSBE, not what I expected, and I still struggle with the words to describe it. But the spin vs launch ratio is mind wrecking for me, then add in feel and the fact that I've found it equally effective in fairways and its not getting the buzz it should, IMO.

They're pretty alright. But what makes them different from the other Evenflow offerings? 🤔

They're pretty alright. But what makes them different from the other Evenflow offerings? 🤔

Stability to me. The Previous line I loved the feel of, but it felt a little loose to me during transition. I have the same transfer now, but with more stability. It has led to me finding the center a bit more.

I don’t know if that is one of the talking points, but specifically for me, that is what I am seeing.

Bend profile is different, almost blending the EF Black and Blue, improving the dispersion of one, and increasing the energy flow of the other. There is power packed in this design.

Its not just another shaft, IMO.

Once I manage to start playing a bit more regularly, I am going to have to try and find somewhere to swing this and compare it to the Evenflow Green I have in my Epic Flash Sub Zero

Once I manage to start playing a bit more regularly, I am going to have to try and find somewhere to swing this and compare it to the Evenflow Green I have in my Epic Flash Sub Zero
Recently switched from a Green to the standard Riptide in my EF. The Green always felt a little whippy and my dispersion wasn't the best. With the Riptide, I feel like I can actually go after it in my swing and everything comes together perfectly. Like JB mentioned above, it comes down to stability and with this shaft, you will really feel the difference.

So regarding the Evenflow Riptide CB, I only got an hour to spend with it last night so I still don't have a perfect feel for it yet. I'm going on Saturday and will be using both the standard and CB and will be able to put more info in here. But for now I just wanted to give a quick rundown of the CB.

First thing that I could feel was the obvious counter balancing. That may sound silly but in something like the Hzrdus Smoke Yellow, I don't feel it as much. That very well could be a "me" thing but I just wanted to point it out. Second thing is I don't want post a ton of numbers yet until I can compare it to the standard Riptide in a head to head this weekend. I can say that everything compared to my normal Epic Flash gamer with a standard Riptide definitely had differences. Swing speed, ball speed, launch, spin and dispersion all were noticeably different in a good way. I am using a different head with the CB, the TM SIM, so it won't be an apples to apples comparison though. I will be putting a Mav head in to the Standard Riptide this weekend so at least I will be using the same year of drivers even though they are different OEMs.

What I will say at the moment with this shaft is when I strike the ball well, the dispersion is tight. Everything landed in a 15-20 yard radius with my worst offline shot, with a decent swing that is, being no more than 13 yards offline. My normal launch was between 12 and 17 degrees and I feel like with more time, and more warmed up swings, that I can normalize that a little more. Spin was a little high for me at 2800 but I will have a better idea if that is normal or not this weekend.

Like I said, I only had an hour last night and that hour wasn't spend strictly on this shaft and driver. I will have way more information on it after Saturday night. But for now, I really feel like this shaft is going to be just as good for me if not better than the standard Riptide. And that thing is already an absolute beast.

I've played a few rounds with my Small Batch "Yuletide" in my 3w. It took some adjusting to get it dialed in, but I'm really liking it so far. A good amount of torque which makes me happy.

Ball flight is significantly higher than what I'm used to seeing with my Oban Tour Limited, and I'm not sure if I will see the same performance in the wind. Going to keep cracking at it and see how it goes.

anyone know if the hybrid shafts are available from any reputable clubmakers? i see them available on amazon.

anyone know if the hybrid shafts are available from any reputable clubmakers? i see them available on amazon.
Will has them at Peoples Golf. And there is a THP discount code.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Got a std 5.5 50g coming. Want to compare it to my EF Green 5.5 58g gamer

Back