Project X HZRDUS Black Release Date

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Today Project X announced that Project X HZRDUS Black, the fastest growing prototype on tour, will be available to all golfers through True Temper’s Performance Fitting Center network of club fitters on October 23, 2015.

HZRDUS Black is designed to deliver distance to the stronger, more aggressive golfer, without sacrificing control. The shaft was introduced on the global tours this summer and quickly gained popularity among professional players. HZRDUS has already won a Web.com Tour event, was number two at the U.S. Open and was used to make a hole-in-one at The Barclays.

“We realized that there was a need for shaft geared towards today’s stronger professional and amateur golfers with fast tempos and high club head speeds.” Don Brown, director for golf innovation for Project X said. “For HZRDUS we increased the full length stiffness profile to maintain low spin at higher club head speeds and a geometry that remains stable even during aggressive swings.”

HZRDUS Black is so meticulously hand crafted in Project X’s San Diego prototype facility that only 60 shafts are produced a day.

Project X HZRDUS Black is available in a 62 g and 75 g driver model ($350 MSRP) and an 85 g hybrid model ($175 MSRP). To pre-order a HZRDUS shaft, find a Performance Fitting Center in your area at http://www.truetemper.com/pfc-locations/

Don't think these shafts would fit me, but I pick my jaw up off the floor with all their Instagram posts with this shaft, it is bad ass!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I have a 62g 6.5 on the way. Can't wait to put some feedback here

I don't fit the HZRDUS profile but had decent results with a version "toned" down for a slower swing speed in the PX tester for #thehandcraftedexperience event. I think this shaft is going to work very well for better players with faster swing speeds.

I'm desperate to get my hands on a couple of Reds in 6.5. Don told us our tester shafts were HZRDUS Reds with a little more torque and the tester felt great.

From what I understand from reading the bit of info out there on these, black is the stiffest, yellow is very similar to black other than slightly softer mid section, red has softer tip than yellow to promote more launch. All three are supposed to be low spin. I have a black and yellow 6.5 on the way, and am anxious to compare the two

The 62gram in 6.0 or 6.5 sounds like a lot of fun.

I heard this will be available as a no cost option with the new Cobra King LTD!
Exciting times indeed...

I don't have the high SS but do have a fast transition, may have to find one of these

First impressions coming tomorrow! I have a black 65g 6.5 cut to play 45.5" in my 816 ♢♢, and a 76g yellow 6.5 cut to play the same. Will be a fun day!
7fa6e73d8c180a976d4efad7288a794b.jpg

Oh man. I want one. I don't need one. But I want one.

Today I'll be playing the 65g black 6.5 in my 816 for the front 9 then 76g yellow 6.5 on the back 9. J4u is playing the yellow in his gbb front 9 then the black on the back. We will have some impressions afterward.

First impression on the black:

In hand it feels stiff, but when you swing it, it kicks really hard thru the zone. Feel is almost similar to the lz profile but with more stability and energy transfer. More to come

Today I'll be playing the 65g black 6.5 in my 816 for the front 9 then 76g yellow 6.5 on the back 9. J4u is playing the yellow in his gbb front 9 then the black on the back. We will have some impressions afterward.

First impression on the black:

In hand it feels stiff, but when you swing it, it kicks really hard thru the zone. Feel is almost similar to the lz profile but with more stability and energy transfer. More to come

can't wait to hear your impressions of the yellow!

816 with black, gbb with yellow
230b93e8acf4728ac8e882bb70dfee7c.jpg

OMgoodness! Both feel and perform unbelievable. Have the yellow right now in the GBB and my pole vaulting days love the mid section. Will switch up on back nine with Kang to the black.

Wait for it....

J4U just hit one 320 with gbb and yellow, judging by his pitch mark, 305 carry... imagine if he was 20yrs younger???

I hit a perfect miss that caught the hill and rolled out to 360 haha

Will hold my thoughts on the yellow until the thread opens up. No wonder there is a lot of talk about it.

Time for the black.

So playing from the tips at deer Creek allowed me to hit driver 7 tines on front 9. What I got out of the shaft is exactly what I put in. The shaft is stable, I felt no twisting whatsoever. At 3.2 torque I thought otherwise. The strike feels incredibly powerful thru the zone. Advertised as low launch, low spin, what I got playing the 816 at 10° was mid low launch and mid low spin. Performed beautifully

J4U just hit one 320 with gbb and yellow, judging by his pitch mark, 305 carry... imagine if he was 20yrs younger???

Those are some serious drives. I wish I played in elevation.

I can't wait to get my black one! Shipping shows tomorrow but I have a feeling that it will be Thursday before I see it!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I can't wait to get my black one! Shipping shows tomorrow but I have a feeling that it will be Thursday before I see it!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Dude it's really good

Back