Project X HZRDUS Black Release Date

Seeing 15-20 yards further with the black vs the yellow. Launch is lower and more stable in the middle. Feels great too!

Both j4u and I saw about 15 to 20 yds more distance with the black. It's not really an apples to apples comparison, black was 65g, yellow was 75g. Yellow had less torque than black (due to the heavier weight?).

Project x has some thing really special in this line. Anyone who likes low launch and low spin shafts definitely need to try them. Performance is as advertized, but what really surprised me was the kick thru the zone. Stable yet very powerful feeling. Now I understand the hype behind #hzrdus. Now I want to try the yellow 65g 6.5

Both j4u and I saw about 15 to 20 yds more distance with the black. It's not really an apples to apples comparison, black was 65g, yellow was 75g. Yellow had less torque than black (due to the heavier weight?).

Project x has some thing really special in this line. Anyone who likes low launch and low spin shafts definitely need to try them. Performance is as advertized, but what really surprised me was the kick thru the zone. Stable yet very powerful feeling. Now I understand the hype behind #hzrdus. Now I want to try the yellow 65g 6.5
Great seeing these are performing for you and J4U. Were you seeing a consistent increase in yardage or was there just one or two that were exceptionally long?

Great seeing these are performing for you and J4U. Were you seeing a consistent increase in yardage or was there just one or two that were exceptionally long?

We need to find one to try locally, I'm enamored with what I'm hearing about the black.

We need to find one to try locally, I'm enamored with what I'm hearing about the black.
Now that is a good idea. I would really like to see what this can do.

It was consistent for both of us. At first I thought it was the 816 vs GBB but after switching shafts on the second 9...the positions in the fairway changed.

Every swing wasn't our best ever but we both did see what we thought was improvement from other combos across the board.

Kang does a lot of tinkering as you know and I get to tag along. The excitement to use driver on as many holes as possible was exceptionally high with these two.

This deserves a post here too. Udesign 816 with #hzrdus
44457f1fd70e0986029ff8dbb1e903e0.jpg

That looks like Brett Favre's driver for multiple reasons

I'm desperate to get my hands on a couple of Reds in 6.5. Don told us our tester shafts were HZRDUS Reds with a little more torque and the tester felt great.

Is there any information online about the black, red and yellow? I can't seem to find it on their website.

Is there any information online about the black, red and yellow? I can't seem to find it on their website.
Very little info as of now. All are low spin. Black is lowest launching and stiffest theoughout. 6.5 65g black has 3.1 torque. Yellow is touch softer in the middle but still stiff in the tip and butt. 65g yellow has 3.3 torque and is slightly counterbalanced. Red has slightly softer tip promoting bit higher launch. Yellow is supposed to be out in Feb and red is after that. Of course all this info is what I've dug up and not sure if it's absolute truth. The specs on the black and yellow 65g 6.5 I'm pretty sure about since I have a black and just bought a tour issue yellow lol

Very little info as of now. All are low spin. Black is lowest launching and stiffest theoughout. 6.5 65g black has 3.1 torque. Yellow is touch softer in the middle but still stiff in the tip and butt. 65g yellow has 3.3 torque and is slightly counterbalanced. Red has slightly softer tip promoting bit higher launch. Yellow is supposed to be out in Feb and red is after that. Of course all this info is what I've dug up and not sure if it's absolute truth. The specs on the black and yellow 65g 6.5 I'm pretty sure about since I have a black and just bought a tour issue yellow lol

The red sounds right up my alley. Thanks for that info kang!

I'll be spending some time with a HZRDUS black at some point, absolutely. It sounds fantastic.

Yep, after reading this, I'm going to need a black and a yellow now! Thanks Kang!

Mine is finally on the GBB! She will be in play tomorrow. Review to follow!

b7ccf428ff80ab588962d5453c368125.jpg

62f866852889dfd49dc4447498f5463b.jpg

f03507821c5aaa4b33b647d2d8d7b24b.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'll be spending some time with a HZRDUS black at some point, absolutely. It sounds fantastic.

I noticed that the black is a no charge option on the new Cobra F6+. I'm thinking that might be my next driver purchase, I just have to demo it with that combination before I pull the trigger.

I noticed that the black is a no charge option on the new Cobra F6+. I'm thinking that might be my next driver purchase, I just have to demo it with that combination before I pull the trigger.

That combo will be punishing. Absolutely. With the opportunity to alter up to 5-600 RPM of spin and a bit of launch, you're going to be living right I bet.

That combo will be punishing. Absolutely. With the opportunity to alter up to 5-600 RPM of spin and a bit of launch, you're going to be living right I bet.

The Project X website says it plays a half a flex stiffer than the LZ shafts so my other decision will be between the 6.5 and 6.0 flex. I'm playing an x flex Aldila Tour Green in both of my fairway woods so I'm leaning towards the 6.5 in the HZRDUS Black. I've never had trouble loading the 6.5 flex in any of the Proect X offerings in the past.

The Project X website says it plays a half a flex stiffer than the LZ shafts so my other decision will be between the 6.5 and 6.0 flex. I'm playing an x flex Aldila Tour Green in both of my fairway woods so I'm leaning towards the 6.5 in the HZRDOUS Black. I've never had trouble loading the 6.5 flex in any of the Proect X offerings in the past.

I'm sure the demo will make it pretty obvious, however I'm not having much trouble getting what I want out of the 6.5 and I'm only in the 110 realm of speed on an average day. That said, the THP Staff shaft was built on the HZRDUS platform at a 6.0 flex and I've enjoyed that one a ton as well... Just launched a bit higher (and I am sure spins a bit more).

Hit it alongside the King LTD if you can. That driver is a ton of fun.

I'm sure the demo will make it pretty obvious, however I'm not having much trouble getting what I want out of the 6.5 and I'm only in the 110 realm of speed on an average day. That said, the THP Staff shaft was built on the HZRDUS platform at a 6.0 flex and I've enjoyed that one a ton as well... Just launched a bit higher (and I am sure spins a bit more).

Hit it alongside the King LTD if you can. That driver is a ton of fun.

Thanks. My swing speed is just a little slower than yours, I"m in the 106-107 range. I'll definitely try the King LTD as well.

Pretty interested in the HZRDUS black 65 6.5 after reading all the reviews. Does anyone have a comparison to the fuel tour spec 65 s?

Back