Project X LZ Steel Shafts

finally got a chance to hit these in 5.5 plugged into a set of King forged tec heads. I hit the 7i and 5i. wow. held the line beautifully but could be worked. felt very lively. mid to mid high flight. much preferred the feel to my nippons. hardcore want these in a big way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much lower are these compared to XP95

How much lower are these compared to XP95

I don't recall hitting the xp95 sorry

finally got a chance to hit these in 5.5 plugged into a set of King forged tec heads. I hit the 7i and 5i. wow. held the line beautifully but could be worked. felt very lively. mid to mid high flight. much preferred the feel to my nippons. hardcore want these in a big way.

How far do you carry a 7i? I'm at 150 max and I'm considering 5.0

Damn. It. I really wish I wouldn't have seen that, haha! I have some coming for my MD3s and I'm going to see how those feel before swapping out the PXis in the irons that will arrive on Monday!

How far do you carry a 7i? I'm at 150 max and I'm considering 5.0

normally about 165 carry, play it to 170

I was definitely hitting forged tec lz combo farther than my driving forged modus3 120s combo, but it's not the same head so I'm not ready to say the shafts alone contributed to that.

the feel was excellent, and honestly this particular combo was stellar. I will have a set of the shafts soon, just need to figure what heads. thinking maybe j15cb, cf16, ptx, or maybe even 745. and I'll wait until after early August just in case :)

Damn. It. I really wish I wouldn't have seen that, haha! I have some coming for my MD3s and I'm going to see how those feel before swapping out the PXis in the irons that will arrive on Monday!

don't get me wrong. I love my nippons. but these were just so much more responsive and explosive. like og px but not as rebar-y.

normally about 165 carry, play it to 170

I was definitely hitting forged tec lz combo farther than my driving forged modus3 120s combo, but it's not the same head so I'm not ready to say the shafts alone contributed to that.

the feel was excellent, and honestly this particular combo was stellar. I will have a set of the shafts soon, just need to figure what heads. thinking maybe j15cb, cf16, ptx, or maybe even 745. and I'll wait until after early August just in case :)

Haha... I'm waiting til after August as well. I'm probably going to order a new set of irons with the lz shafts... just not sure which ones yet.

Part 1 complete, part 2 should be done by this coming Thursday. Very excited to put these in play!

9c2ae8a73fa9a318615a7eb8d40d509e.jpg

Part 1 complete, part 2 should be done by this coming Thursday. Very excited to put these in play!

9c2ae8a73fa9a318615a7eb8d40d509e.jpg

d@mn those look good

d@mn those look good

Yessir, I'm pretty excited about them. One of the employees at Golf Mart saw them in my hands, did a double take, and seemed to be in awe! It's fun getting the latest and greatest and I hope they work out well for me :D

I played three rounds with these in Hilton Head on the Palmetto Dunes courses. For two of those rounds I largely played like crap. I'm starting to hate the Hills course. Before that I couldn't remember the last time I shot triple digits. Everything was bad. The Jones course was a little better but I was having a terrible time of it off the tee or if the tee shot was ok the next shot was poor. I hot some ok iron shots but judging the wind was tough. I finally got it together a little bit on the Fazio course. I hit a number of nice iron shots. I had an 8 iron approach to 5 feet right at the pin on 16 and a 7 iron over the canal on 17 to 5 feet right at the pin back to back. I had another really tight shot earlier in the round. I didn't make any of those birdie putts though. My takeaway for the PXLZ shafts was still quite positive. I'm hitting it to my expected number a large about of the time and straight at my target. The feel is nice. I can tell a slight difference in my swing transition. I guess that is the loading zone doing it's thing.

I played last Saturday at my usual course for the first time with these shafts and shot a solid 80. Could have been a 78 if not for being in the worst kept bunker on the whole course on the last hole. A lot more solid iron shots. Now that is 5 rounds with the PX LZ Steel iron shafts and 2 out of those 5 rounds have included probably my best round ever and maybe my 3rd or 4th best round ever. Not bad

I played last Saturday at my usual course for the first time with these shafts and shot a solid 80. Could have been a 78 if not for being in the worst kept bunker on the whole course on the last hole. A lot more solid iron shots. Now that is 5 rounds with the PX LZ Steel iron shafts and 2 out of those 5 rounds have included probably my best round ever and maybe my 3rd or 4th best round ever. Not bad
How do you compare the feel with other shafts you've used?

How do you compare the feel with other shafts you've used?
Very smooth is the best way I could put it. They load effortlessly almost and just whip right through the ball. The weight is the same as my KBS shafts but they swing a little easier, if that makes any sense.

Very smooth is the best way I could put it. They load effortlessly almost and just whip right through the ball. The weight is the same as my KBS shafts but they swing a little easier, if that makes any sense.
I like it. I'm excited to get mine coming from the Tour-V 110.

Played again on Saturday and shot a 78 at a course I haven't played in a couple years. Playing par 3s used to be my nemesis but not anymore with the PX LZ Steel shafts. I was +1 on the 5 par 3s with two bogeys, two pars and one birdie. Every shot was right on line and straight. I had to stomp on a 9 iron on one of them and it surprised me by going over. I remain very impressed with the LZ Steel shafts.

I scheduled an iron fitting this morning just to hit these shafts. From hzrdus to lzsteel, Mt bag could be very px heavy soon

Just got back from fitting. Hit the lz 6.5 with Mizuno mp25 head (similar weight to current irons) and it shined. I was hitting it couple yards more carry vs my z945 with program f15. While it's very possible the head design contributes to the gain in distance, the dispersion was awesome. I had 7 out of 10 shots in a 5yd diameter circle with most shots landing just a couple yards right of target. The flight that started right and came back to target but NOT left of target is amazing for me. I fight a pull draw and these shafts help execute what I'm trying to do. My path was avg 4° open with face avg 2° open. I'll be reshafting my irons soon

Just got back from fitting. Hit the lz 6.5 with Mizuno mp25 head (similar weight to current irons) and it shined. I was hitting it couple yards more carry vs my z945 with program f15. While it's very possible the head design contributes to the gain in distance, the dispersion was awesome. I had 7 out of 10 shots in a 5yd diameter circle with most shots landing just a couple yards right of target. The flight that started right and came back to target but NOT left of target is amazing for me. I fight a pull draw and these shafts help execute what I'm trying to do. My path was avg 4° open with face avg 2° open. I'll be reshafting my irons soon
Nice. Overall consistency is one of the things I've noticed with these. Especially in my mid to long irons. And my previous shafts were custom fit and built specifically for my swing.

Was it ever stated if these played true to flex? Like the 6.0 feels/plays like a stiff flex iron?
Of is it a little more stiff? I'm trying to scroll through this thread and see but I might be missing this information.

Might put these bad boys into Apex Black....

Was it ever stated if these played true to flex? Like the 6.0 feels/plays like a stiff flex iron?
Of is it a little more stiff? I'm trying to scroll through this thread and see but I might be missing this information.

Might put these bad boys into Apex Black....
Imo these play true to flex. Very soft under the hands though. The lz 6.5 feels softer than px 6.0, about on par with pxi 6.5

Imo these play true to flex. Very soft under the hands though. The lz 6.5 feels softer than px 6.0, about on par with pxi 6.5

Great! This helps me a lot. Thank you. Now, to get this purchase by the wife.....

I've got a round, range session and a lesson in the books with these shafts. These are quite soft under the hands and I think it's the major reason I'm able to play these and not have left wrist pain which had me move to graphite. They feel very similar to pxi to me, definitely less stout than the OG px. I'm getting great flight. What's really interesting is that I'm getting equal distance as the graphite shafts which usually yield about half club more than steel for me. With the lesson from today I'm very excited to get a round in with these again

There's just something about looking down at these microsteps... I'm ok with them.

d86357259458d1ced64a44a5b327774e.jpg

Back