Project X LZ Steel Shafts

Alright, after I got the set of PXLZ steel shafts that I won in their Twitter contest I got to looking at them closer and realized that they sent me a 3-PW set. I thought that was odd since I have a 4-AW set and that was what I told them. I mentioned it to them but they already had it covered and had a wedge shaft on the way. Well, they actually sent me 3 wedge shafts. I'm not sure I want to reshaft my wedges but that was nice of them.

I looked into costs for reshafting irons and the PGA Superstore shocked me with their price for that. That made me seriously reconsider messing with my current irons. I really like my irons as they are. I got fit for them at Cool Clubs and they custom built them for me with frequency matched and pured shafts. I didn't want to mess that up. So I found a cheap 4-AW set of XR PRo irons thanks to Callaway Pre-Owned's 30% off sale last week. I'm going to get the PXLZ shafts put into that set and those will be my back up set. That way I don't have to pay more to get my main set of irons reshafted back into my original shafts. I've also found a place that will reshaft them for less than half what the PGA Superstore would have charged. My other set of irons will be delivered today and I will take them to get the PXLZ shafts installed today or tomorrow.

awesome! i'm really looking forward to some real world testing from thp'ers. these shafts have me super intrigued.

I want, nay, need, these.

I just took my new back up set of XR Pros to get the PXLZ steel shafts installed. They should be ready by this weekend. I'm going to take them out for their maiden voyage on the course Sunday afternoon.

Looking forward to your thoughts WL.

I just took my new back up set of XR Pros to get the PXLZ steel shafts installed. They should be ready by this weekend. I'm going to take them out for their maiden voyage on the course Sunday afternoon.

I bet the XR Pro is a great combo for these shafts. Enjoy it!

I bet the XR Pro is a great combo for these shafts. Enjoy it!
The XR Pros are already a good club and a half on the top end longer than any other irons I've had. Back when I was getting fitted for them, I tried the regular Project X shaft and they were longer than the KBS that I went with. But the KBS had a higher flight and a touch more spin. Better for approach shots. I'm hoping that the PXLZ will be kind of a blend of the two.

Well, the first round with the Project X LZ steel shafts couldn't have gone much better. I shot a PB number 77 (41/36) and tied my PB of +6 (par 71 course) yesterday at Stone Mountain. Also it was the first time I've ever shot even par on any 9 holes. I had an eagle and two birdies on the back nine, sneaking in a curling 10 footer on 18 for bird to shot that 36 on the back. The eagle was from a near ace on a short par 4 where you can either play straight away with a short tee shot and then have a wedge over a lake to a shallow green or risk a 215yd shot over the water off the tee. There is also kind of a stone wall right behind the green and if you go long the ball could hit that and ricochet back into the lake. I hit 4 iron dead on line and ended up 4 feet past the hole. I hit 3 out of 5 par 3 greens which seem to be my nemesis.

The ball flight was pretty much what I'm used to with my other custom built KBS tour shafts.

The distance was pretty much what I expected and am used to. I had one 7 iron on a downhill par 3 surprise me and go 205 over the green. I thought 2 clubs less because of the hill would have been enough.

The main difference was just slightly less spin. The 4 iron that was a near ace stopped quickly on the green. I had a 8 iron on a par 3 that rolled out 15 or so feet after I landed it hole high and 6 feet to the right of the pin. I'm used to the scoring clubs stopping a little quicker than that, especially on a well struck shot like that one. Overall I was impressed. A number of shots were very straight and right on target.

Thats awesome Wluker.

Thats awesome Wluker.
Thanks, JB. They are going to get a real workout next week. I'm going to Palmetto Dunes with my family and playing all three courses with my dad.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll be looking into a set of these real soon. Very intriguing.

I need to try these. Desperately.

I think i might give these a try

Sorry if this was previously mentioned but how do they compare to the original Project X? I'm very interested in standard Project X, but I'm always open to change. Only way for me to test these is to travel at least 3 hours for a PFC is the only issue I have.

i was supposed to play this morning with my friend who has these in 5.5 in a new set of king forged tec, but he had to cancel. hopefully will have some feedback soon.

I really want these in a set of Apex Pro 16.

I will not lie, I had my finger on the trigger the other day, which terrifies me.
same here just before i posted

Does any one know how the Flex compares with X100 i am guessing if they play like normal Project X i would be using a 6.0

I can confirm that this is an amazing combo.

Do you know if/when Callaway will be offering these through custom order online? Sorry if this question has already been asked.

Does any one know how the Flex compares with X100 i am guessing if they play like normal Project X i would be using a 6.0

If you are X100 you can go 6.5 or if you prefer something that feels a little softer with a little more launch you can go 6.0

DB

Do you know if/when Callaway will be offering these through custom order online? Sorry if this question has already been asked.

We are due to ship them a ton of sets in the beginning of June. I am not sure when they would add it to their website.

Yup... I'm gonna have to try em. lol

Back