PTx Irons For THPers - The 2016 Ben Hogan Experience

It was actually not directed at anybody in particular, but to the group as a whole. No one person knows the communication of others and we will keep it that way.

Fair enough, I just didn't want you or anyone else to think that I wouldn't be fair to THP or Ben Hogan after you/they are doing all of this for us.

That combo sounds awesome. Will be interested in your thoughts after getting them in hand

I am going to be very curious how everyone likes these irons. Not an iron that is super easy to find and hit so the reviews are going to be a valuable tool in evaluating these.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I'm going to review the heck out of these for everybody!

Tour V is a pretty exciting shaft for me and I think it will give me increased distance over the DG Pro I use now. The main thing I'll be watching is peak height and spin to hold greens into the mid irons, but with the High Launch loft setup I think it will work really well.

Tour V is a pretty exciting shaft for me and I think it will give me increased distance over the DG Pro I use now. The main thing I'll be watching is peak height and spin to hold greens into the mid irons, but with the High Launch loft setup I think it will work really well.

Tour V's are one of my favorite iron shafts. I have decent spin rates and a fairly high ball flight (typically around 35-38y with irons depending on shaft/head combo) and they are perfect with just about everything I've tried. The 110g weight feels really good throughout the swing too. I think you'll love them.

I just can't wait for this to start, paired with the Tour V 110 these should be awesome irons. I went with the 46 deg. PW and up from there and finished with a 23 deg. 4 iron. I don't hit it often and figured closing that gap 1 deg. would not be a big deal and make it just a bit easier to elevate. After playing the Wilson V4 these should be a bit (maybe a bunch) more forgiving and that will be real nice for the game.

I can't wait to hear all about these, and see you game them. The idea of you with increased iron distance is pretty scary hahaha

Personally I am not looking for major distance increases but I sure would like to get back the 1 club distance I lost going to the Wilson's. I maintained my distances with both the APEX CF16 and the APEX 16 Pros, not sure if it is a shaft thing or the fact you need to nut the Wilson's or just my body screwing with me. Could be some of all of it, but I am leaning towards the pain issues slowing everything down. But new and shiny always seems to helps my game and I will have proper medication for the Event.

I like 'new and shiny', gives me a reason to go buy new iron covers...

I like 'new and shiny', gives me a reason to go buy new iron covers...

You mean something like this?
2c987ba6699e697ce39b5d5efe0a6b30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES! Where did you find those???

Yes, I want some of those also!!!

Those are sweet Frank!

Just spoke to our friends at Hogan (on a Sunday Morning, so you know they are excited) and they are almost completely ready. The itinerary is fun, the days will be a blast and you are in great hands for a competition of golf. And I will say, the lucky team of 4 that wins, a killer prize awaits...And a THP HOF tag as well.

Sounds great, just a few days and Ft. WORTH bound.

I'm so jelly about this one. Looking forward to following along and seeing all the surprises!

Just spoke to our friends at Hogan (on a Sunday Morning, so you know they are excited) and they are almost completely ready. The itinerary is fun, the days will be a blast and you are in great hands for a competition of golf. And I will say, the lucky team of 4 that wins, a killer prize awaits...And a THP HOF tag as well.
The blood is pumping now! This week can't go fast enough!

I wish I could have tried/made it to this event. It will be a heck of an event!

Had a chance to hit these yesterday. They felt really soft and was really easy to hit straight and a nice higher ball flight with the KBS tour v

Sounds like the ticket right there

Had a chance to hit these yesterday. They felt really soft and was really easy to hit straight and a nice higher ball flight with the KBS tour v
Soft, easy, straight, and high?

Is this a dream? Lol

Soft, easy, straight, and high?

Is this a dream? Lol

no dream. If those characteristics are something you like then these irons will be a favorite. I took 10 swings with them and they all pretty much went in the same direction with just a little difference in dispersion. The height was about what a little lower than what I saw with the cf16s but even into a 10-15 mph wind they held up nicely.

two of the teens who are getting ready to head off to college were hitting them and said samething about the softness.

Most likely a ridiculously stupid question...but is there any reason for us to bring our own irons down to the event? I imagine we can just leave them at home.

Most likely a ridiculously stupid question...but is there any reason for us to bring our own irons down to the event? I imagine we can just leave them at home.
Good question. I was planning to leave mine home. If there's a reason to bring them I want to know.

I hope not. I have a friend that's been begging to buy my 714 AP2's, so when I found out we didn't have to mail them in I let him go ahead and take them!

Back