Puma Amp Cell Fusion Shoes - Forum Testing Review

Flashy is right! Hope you got some clothes to match those shoes bmik!! Haha

They are definitely bold, doing what Puma does best.

I love that baby clue color, very sharp!

They are so sharp looking. I have one outfit for it really so I already know what I'll be wearing up in NE! Haha

In the past, I have never seen them in Wide which is why I always avoided Puma shoes. Would be interested to hear from someone with a wider foot if these are maybe cut a little less narrow. Thanks

I've got the same issue and the only place I've seen Puma shoes in wide are at the outlets or online. Sharp looking shoes though!

these look purty good.

i'm not sure how i feel about the synthetic material on the front/top of the shoe tho...
that guy in the video brings up a good point as jlukes mentioned, as that's something i had asked in the Puma ZL Shoes testing thread, about the creasing.
but still...just not sure if i like that look or not over the all leather. hmmmm.

I am going to need to step my game up to pull off these bad boys!

IMG_4841.JPG

IMG_4860.JPG

IMG_4859.JPG

IMG_4848.JPG

IMG_4849.JPG

IMG_4861.JPG

IMG_4846.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG

IMG_4855.JPG

IMG_4856.JPG

IMG_4857.JPG

IMG_4858.JPG

IMG_4850.JPG

Oh man those are sweet! I want black and yellow to match the bag.

About Me
Height: 6'
Weight: 165 lbs
Typical Shoe Size: 9.5
PUMA Shoe Size: 9.5
Background: I worked as a footwear associate at a Dick's Sporting Goods back in college so I know a good bit about the foot and athletic footwear.
Step type: "Minor" supination

More about my foot:
Narrow-ish
IMAG1299_BURST002.jpg

Arch: Medium/High
IMAG1300_BURST002.jpg

Here is where you can really see my high arch. Dipped my foot in water and stepped on my deck. Because of this, I really need shoes with good arch support.

IMAG1301.jpg

I try to walk whenever I can as I like the exercise and it helps with the tempo of my game. Having a good shoe is absolutely critical for me.

Quality pics there Jlukes!

This picture isn't the be all end all, but it is a good guide to understand how you walk/run

15ndZ.jpeg

Because I have a higher arch, I tend to roll towards the outside of my foot as I transition from my heel to my toe in my step. A shoe with stability is a must to keep unwanted stress off my feet, ankles, knees, and back. My degree of supination is within the normal range and thus I do not need any sort of orthotics. However, if I do wear shoes with little support, I notice my knees and outer foot are much more tired after my run than if I wear proper shoes.

These PUMAs have a great support system built into the chassis so I am really looking forward to getting this out on the course tomorrow (even though I am riding).

Those baby blues. In awe of how sessy those things look.

I wish Puma shoes werent so narrow. I really like the look of these. I am not normally an orange guy but man these are beautiful. Great job on the pics too Jarret.
I thought they were wide! That's why I didn't put my name in for this testing. Maybe I need to go back and re-try some on.

I may need to steal One-T's for a round at the outing.

This picture isn't the be all end all, but it is a good guide to understand how you walk/run

15ndZ.jpeg

Because I have a higher arch, I tend to roll towards the outside of my foot as I transition from my heel to my toe in my step. A shoe with stability is a must to keep unwanted stress off my feet, ankles, knees, and back. My degree of supination is within the normal range and thus I do not need any sort of orthotics. However, if I do wear shoes with little support, I notice my knees and outer foot are much more tired after my run than if I wear proper shoes.

These PUMAs have a great support system built into the chassis so I am really looking forward to getting this out on the course tomorrow (even though I am riding).
I have very high arches and my feet point in (pronated). Which I think is the opposite of what the picture is showing.

If anyone has any questions about golf shoes and footwear in general, I will be happy to help answer your questions! If you are completely unsure about how you walk/run, go to a local store the specializes in running and they usually have a treadmill that you can walk on that analyzes your steps and lets you know what type of support you need!

I have very high arches and my feet point in (pronated). Which I think is the opposite of what the picture is showing.

Yup, that is definitely possible. Most people pronate at least a little bit. However, those with higher arches are more prone to supination.

Wearing them around the house now as I try to somewhat break them in before my round tomorrow. Like all new shoes, they are stiff - especially in the toe box, but they will break in after a few rounds.

Definitely more room in the toe box than previous puma shoes. I tried on the Amp Cell Sports in the store and they got very narrow - these feel noticeably better.

Wearing them around the house now as I try to somewhat break them in before my round tomorrow. Like all new shoes, they are stiff - especially in the toe box, but they will break in after a few rounds.

Definitely more room in the toe box than previous puma shoes. I tried on the Amp Cell Sports in the store and they got very narrow - these feel noticeably better.

Pics please or it didn't happen. Haha

These shoes are so sweet. Can't wait to read how you like them.

Sweet but I only see one foot...... haha

pfft, i only put one foot wearing a golf shoe up on my coffee table. I wasn't raised in a barn!

Also, the spikes are surprisingly soft. I was fully expecting to slide on my kitchen tile but they grip almost as well as sneakers.

pfft, i only put one foot wearing a golf shoe up on my coffee table. I wasn't raised in a barn!

Also, the spikes are surprisingly soft. I was fully expecting to slide on my kitchen tile but they grip almost as well as sneakers.

Hahaha well played sir.

I must say those shoes look great and I have never owned a pair of Puma shoes ever.

Excited to read your review from the on course testing. Keep up the great work man.

You can't teach class. :confused2:

I have these shoes in the cabaret color and personally I love them. I have seen a few comments regarding the material over leather and I would say I prefer the synthetic material. It is the easiest pair of golf shoes to clean and I have not had an issue regarding scuffing. I am also meticulous about shoes so I try to be mindful of where I am walking but that is neither here nor there. I will say that I found these shoes to soften up after playing in them a few times. I walked my last round and they were more comfortable then the first round I walked in them. I am actually considering getting a pair of the white/ silver color way. Now I have a few pairs of golf shoes and I walk rounds in all of them. I am more of a traditionalist with my shoes as opposed to the minimalist, spikeless shoes that you are seeing in the marketplace. As a little background my pairs in rotation now are 3 footjoy icons, 1 footjoy XPS-1, an adidas adipure and the puma amp cells.

Back