Xarraan

Reaction score
Handicap
I've decided to start walking next season at a local course that is pretty flat and not going to kill me. So I need thoughts on some different carts.

Clicgear is the best in my opinion. Very stable and lots of attachments.

I just bought the CaddyTek available online at Costco. I've only taken it out one time and so far I like it.
It was about $150 shipped and I figured if I didn't like after a few times, I could take it back.

Make this a one time purchase and go ClicGear. Nothing else really compares IMO.

More praise for Clicgear here. I just went from carrying for 35 years to push cart 4 months ago and glad I went Clicgear.

I bit the bullet and bought a new Clicgear 3.5 over the summer. Great buy. I have struggled with cheaper makes before and won’t have to worry about it for a long time. It just glides along. My advice, buy one and make getting around the course easier on yourself and enjoy the game.

I have a Clicgear. No complaints, love the attachments, and it's really stable.

I picked up a Clicgear this season,I am loving it. It is very solid,no problems to speak of

Clicgear 8.0. Feels like a Cadillac:)

Clicgear all the way

I have a ClicGear, it's ok but if buying today I would get a Sun Mountain Micro Cart. Some of my buddies have S M, more compact and the customer service is great if you ever have a problem.

I am a fan of clicgear or bag boy.

Clicgear, Bag Boy, and Sun Mountain all make great options.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I really like my Clicgear 3.0.

Was pretty unimpressed with Sun Mountain durability.

I've got a Clicgear 3.5 and it's been great. Lots of room to store stuff and it moves fairly easy. If you wait until Thanksgiving, Golfsmith usually throws a 20% off coupon out to their email subscribers and you can get the price down a bit.

I used a basic bagboy push cart for about 5 years and then moved up this past year to a clicgear. The clicgear has more features to it and I like how it folds up. But honestly I'd sill be ok using my old one.

I've decided to start walking next season at a local course that is pretty flat and not going to kill me. So I need thoughts on some different carts.

If you want to use your Staff/Mini Staff then my vote goes for the Bag Boy Quad for a couple of reasons;

1) With four wheels your loads weight is less of a issue as it is distributed over 4 instead of 3 wheels, thus when the ground is a little soft (wet and muddy) there will be less tendency for your front wheels to dig in then if it had a single wheel
2) The ability to extend (widen) the front axle with a simple adjustment of 2 screws, allowing for a larger bag and the stability of the cart is fantastic
3) As many accessory options as any other manufacturer ie; Sand bottle, cooler, GPS mounts, and on and on
4) Compact size when folded up

1000x1000_qplus_red.jpg
1000x1000_qplus_closed.jpg
1000x1000_qplus_wcart.jpg

[h=2]Details[/h]• NEW and improved oversized scorecard holder
• Super compact for storage and transport
• 9.5 inch front and 11.5 inch rear oversized wheels roll through grass with ease
• Lightweight, weather resistant aluminum frame
• Handle mounted parking brake
• Unlimited handle adjustments accommodates golfers of all heights
• Extendable front wheel base accommodates bags of various sizes
• Oversized storage bag conveniently located under the score card holder
• NEW Integrated beverage holder
• Tee and ball marker holder
• Umbrella holder included
• Lightweight, solid foam maintenance free tires
• Weight: 16 lbs.
• Folded dimension: 24" x 17" x 16"

Was pretty unimpressed with Sun Mountain durability.

This is what I've experienced as well. I've used my SV1 cart for a full season now and I have had a lot of things flat out break. I've had to replace 2 wheels due to spokes breaking, the center locking mechanism is slightly stripped, the cupholder screw stripped out and then fell out during a round (which is now lost) and lastly the umbrella holder also broke off. This all happened with 1 year of use, I will definitely be going a different route when I decide to pick another one up.

I was given a Bag Boy C3 for my birthday last year and have really enjoyed it. I haven't found an option that Clicgear has that mine does not.
But I might be biased.

[h=2]Details[/h]• Full feature extra deep scorecard holder includes: golf ball storage and smart phone holder
• Extra wide, durable frame
• Simple three-step fold for compact storage
• Easy one-step handle adjustment accommodates golfers of all heights
• Stand and cart bag friendly upper bag bracket with adjustable support arms
• Oversized storage bag
• Integrated beverage holder
• Durable handlebar grip
• Umbrella holder included
• Tee and Ball marker holder
• Lightweight, solid foam maintenance free tires
• Weight: 15 lbs.

This is what I've experienced as well. I've used my SV1 cart for a full season now and I have had a lot of things flat out break. I've had to replace 2 wheels due to spokes breaking, the center locking mechanism is slightly stripped, the cupholder screw stripped out and then fell out during a round (which is now lost) and lastly the umbrella holder also broke off. This all happened with 1 year of use, I will definitely be going a different route when I decide to pick another one up.

Yep. Tossed mine in the trash eventually. First were the little parts and eventually the locking mechanism flat out broke. Highly disappointing.

Clicgear, SM, Bag Boy. All work fine. For what it's worth, the Clicgears do seem very durable. I see TONS of the earlier versions out on the course, and all in pretty good shape. I don't notice as many older BB or SM carts being used.

Love my Clicgear Rovic RV1C.

Friend of mine had exactly the same issues. He was pretty disappointed with the way they handled his complaints as well. He moved to a Clicgear last year, no issues so far.

I was going to buy a Clicgear after reading all of the reviews.
But, I chose a Sun Mountain Microcart Quad. I liked the way it looked, had also read good reviews on it, and it was a little cheaper. It folded up really small, and would fit better in my Prius (add your joke here).

I wish I had stuck with the Clicgear. It just isn't anywhere near as durable as I'd expect it to be. On the course it's fine; I take great care when I fold it up and put it in my car, yet virtually every time I open it back up, the threads for the part where the bag sits are stripped a little bit more.

Back