Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 291 58.9%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 159 32.2%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 8.9%

• Total voters
I’m still a walkaholic but did ride a cart again yesterday (2nd time this year). I was tired from hiking in the morning and feeling funky. It was honestly nice to ride. Also Thurs I was the solo walker in a foursome on a course where I was the only walker I saw all day. That was strange. I had to fast-walk/jog and never felt grounded. Sometimes I need to better let the situation drive my choice.

I’m still a 50:50 guy myself as with the coaching I make the boys carry (except 36 hole or summer tournaments) so I carry around them. I used to be all in with the mafia in the summer, going to try and regain that this year.

Just going through this thread haha, but why do you make them carry? Is it just a right of passage thing, tradition, or just because. Always wondered what went into some coaches decisions to either allow push carts or not

Just going through this thread haha, but why do you make them carry? Is it just a right of passage thing, tradition, or just because. Always wondered what went into some coaches decisions to either allow push carts or not
Because I want them conditioned to be able to physically carry, if you can’t carry as a 15, 16, 17, 18 year old kid (I have had some medical exceptions on my teams in the past) then you’re physically not where you need to be. When we play days of 36 or when they play summer golf and it’s hot as hell, they can push.

Girls can always push because they’re slower and the carts help there.

What kind of cart is that? How do you like the quad wheels vs a three-wheeler?

It is a bagboy cart. I have a three wheel version of it called the Nitron. Several things I really liked about the bagboys vs alternatives. Notice the umbrella mount is either on the right or left. I tend to push with only one arm and like to putt my hand in the middle which it allows.

secondly if you look closely at the picture you can see the top-loc technology which has basically 2 teeth on it that mesh with newer bagboy bags. I don't even strap my bag on my cart at the top. No twist, not going anywhere.

What kind of cart is that? How do you like the quad wheels vs a three-wheeler?

I had the Clic Gear before and like the Bag Boy Quad XL a lot better. It's light, very easy to set up, tear down, and it has a small footprint. Before the CG, I had a Sun Mountain 3-wheel. I would still select the BB.

about a month in on the walking. I like it a lot, but I miss playing 36 on Thursdays. I can’t walk 36 I know that. Maybe with an electric punch cart. Once I can I’ll be carting in on Thursday’s and playing 36. I’ll walk the rest of the time.

I keep looking but no one has anything other than the electric ones & I’m not dropping an iron set worth in a bloody push cart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because I want them conditioned to be able to physically carry, if you can’t carry as a 15, 16, 17, 18 year old kid (I have had some medical exceptions on my teams in the past) then you’re physically not where you need to be. When we play days of 36 or when they play summer golf and it’s hot as hell, they can push.

Girls can always push because they’re slower and the carts help there.

Completely understand and good for you.

Here's what I have, and don't use near enough. I really like the :bagboy: Quad, four wheels seem to be more stable on the slopes at some of the courses I play. The :sunmountain: C130 fits with no problem.
20200530_101429_resized.jpg

Back to using a powered push cart! They aren’t really a thing here yet, but they will be. I shall be now walking pretty much exclusively! This a fantastic little cart, good quality build, and breaks down nice and small to fit in the trunk of a mustang. Can’t wait to try this out on the course!
A860A8AF-736F-4ABB-9246-C10DB936CA61.jpeg
C40A8CB6-1CC8-4F7C-9D87-7A678CB07B5C.jpeg
0B33CDD8-170E-4642-89BD-FD0A259C6340.jpeg

Walked 18 today with the Clic Gear, little bit tired once I hit the 16th hole. It's coming back easily enough though.

I am a part time member. I walk more than 95% of the time and usually carry my clubs. I only ride at an event or if the course requires it. I have been known to grab the ClicGear out the garage, dust it off and push.

I forgot I joined for two days in the winter. Do I get a beginner's card, or handshake, or something?

I forgot I joined for two days in the winter. Do I get a beginner's card, or handshake, or something?
Maybe that is reflecting the forum name? :LOL:

Maybe that is reflecting the forum name? :LOL:
Haha Well I'll be a friend of yours, or ours, or theirs, or whatever I need to get in, because I just found out my course I can play for free everyday here soon isn't allowing carts 'for the foreseeable future'. :cautious:

Last edited:
Is push cart mafia a full time membership for most? Wonder if membership will drop to part time or non-existent during the return of multi rider carts

Haha Well I'll be a friend of yours, or ours, or theirs, or whatever I need to get in, because I just found out my course I can okay for free everyday here soon isn't allowing carts 'for the foreseeable future'. :cautious:
What's up with that?

Is push cart mafia a full time membership for most? Wonder if membership will drop to part time or non-existent during the return of multi rider carts
I used to walk most all my rounds, then stopped for almost 1 1/2 years when doing my treatments and then got back into walking again. It is good exercise and a way to give yourself time to think about the next shot.
I am still interested in finding an electric pushcart to use.

What's up with that?
Way too much rain. They've had to do a ton of repairs, and people aren't respecting the path only rules, so they're just going to pull the carts altogether.

So now I'm in this thread. And I don't like it. Lol

Way too much rain. They've had to do a ton of repairs, and people aren't respecting the path only rules, so they're just going to pull the carts altogether.

So now I'm in this thread. And I don't like it. Lol
Sucks people can't follow simple rules like that. CPO is never any fun, but it is done for a reason.

I used to walk most all my rounds, then stopped for almost 1 1/2 years when doing my treatments and then got back into walking again. It is good exercise and a way to give yourself time to think about the next shot.
I am still interested in finding an electric pushcart to use.
Agreed and much easier to live round thread as I rode Saturday and it was so fast paced I didn't get to enjoy the golf round like usual... It was like rush hit rush hit off the green hit tee shot rushhh... Gotta convince cartners to join

Agreed and much easier to live round thread as I rode Saturday and it was so fast paced I didn't get to enjoy the golf round like usual... It was like rush hit rush hit off the green hit tee shot rushhh... Gotta convince cartners to join
Yep pace is definitely better. We had 4 walkers today, a 5some in carts in front of us (took us 7 holes to catch them) and 2 guys in carts behind us. I talked to the 2 older guys behind us on hole 12 tee box and told them we where sorry to be holding them up, they where like hell no, you guys are clipping right along for 4 walkers. The one old guy said we should hit into the 5 some in front of us to get them moving. :LOL:

Last edited:
I am a part time member. I walk more than 95% of the time and usually carry my clubs. I only ride at an event or if the course requires it. I have been known to grab the ClicGear out the garage, dust it off and push.

Until I missed six weeks of golf last season because of back problems, I always carried my own bag. I too only ride for events or if required by the course. I’m using a two wheel pull cart this season. I had planned on upgrading to a nice 3 wheeled push cart this season, but availability is practically non-existent. I’m going to wait until they’re back in stock.

Back