cazzara

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello everyone.

I have a question. I am in the market for a new putter. My options for a fitting are Golf Galaxy and a local pro with a SAMM Putt Lab.

I know the SAMM Putt Lab will give a full analysis of my stroke but will it help figure out loft, lie, length, grip and putter type too? I cannot find much information out there on a PuttLab fitting. The fitting is $130 and it does not come off the price of the putter. Is this worth it?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Putter fitting is worth it. But I would rather go with a SeeMore Putter Institute fitting and instruction.

There is most likely something near you in Pittsburgh.

i just spend $100 for a putter fitting and although it was short for how much it was i do think it was worth the money... i think if i was going to buy a putter from them after it would be even more worth it cause then i could have rolled a few and seen what worked for me.

There isn't a Seemore fitter near me. As I said, my 2 options are GG and a Samm PuttLab. I don't know much about either.

Buckjob, where did you get your fitting done?

There isn't a Seemore fitter near me. As I said, my 2 options are GG and a Samm PuttLab. I don't know much about either.

club champion in Philadelphia....

club champion in Philadelphia....

Was it done with a SAMM Putt Lab? Can you tell me about the fitting and how it worked? Did they fitt you for different putter head types and everything or did they just give you the specs for a new putter?

Was it done with a SAMM Putt Lab? Can you tell me about the fitting and how it worked? Did they fitt you for different putter head types and everything or did they just give you the specs for a new putter?

yeah it was the Sam putting lab, you can bring your current putter or for me Putters..... you roll a bunch of putts its shows you a ton of info and they tell you what works best for you.... at this point we talked about what putters i thought would work for me from what i could choose from for my Morgan Cup PUtter.... i was pretty much done at that point but i'm assuming if i was going to buy another model i could have rolled some of the 30 putters they had there to try from. lots of different models and types so mine was a little different than what i think they normally would do. but also i'm not sure if your place will have putters to try out or not.

My concern is the pro who has the lab is a small proshop. Not sure he has putters for me to try. That is my only hesitation from doing the Putt lab versus Golf Galaxy

My concern is the pro who has the lab is a small proshop. Not sure he has putters for me to try. That is my only hesitation from doing the Putt lab versus Golf Galaxy

if you know anything about putters.... i'm honestly not sure of your putter knowledge and def not knocking you or anything but with everything i was given from my SAM fitting i could easily find a putter that fits me from what i learned with the stats i got and what worked well for me and what doesn't from past experiences. if you're just looking for a putter that works and want to get fit the golf galaxy is very basic i believe they just take some measurements and see what length and stuff you are i don't believe they give you any stats about your stroke.... that being said its also $100 cheaper and prob get cash off a putter if you buy it there at the store.

Putter Fitting

Golf Galaxy does fittings. The guy that was there for my clinic with John Higgins was really good. And they carry SeeMore.

Edit: the Robinson one. I saw Blu mention the 'Burgh

Golf Galaxy does fittings. The guy that was there for my clinic with John Higgins was really good. And they carry SeeMore.

Edit: the Robinson one. I saw Blu mention the 'Burgh

what does their fitting include?

what does their fitting include?

Have no idea. Length, loft, lie, style for sure. I didn't do one myself but the guy said he has great success rates. He's on staff with Callaway/Odyssey

I wonder what kind of putter they recommend at a SeeMore fitting.

I wonder what kind of putter they recommend at a SeeMore fitting.

i've gone through a seemore putter its more about length loft lie and model for seemore depending on what works best for you. i had a few options once they figured out my measurements it pretty much came down to if i wanted a blade or mallet style.

It sounds like I need a mix of the PuttLab and Golf Galaxy's fitting.

Maybe ill get the PuttLab fitting and take my "results" to Golf Galaxy?

I decided to go with the PuttLabb fitting. I will let everyone know how it goes!

Cazzara - Or you can visit - Chris Carfangia - Silver Certified
chris_carfangia.jpg
Pine Lakes Golf Club
6233 West Liberty Street

Hubbard, *OH 44425
Tel.: 330-534-9026
WWW: http://www.golfpinelakes.com
E-mail: chris@golfpinelakes.com

So I'm contemplating getting fit for a putter. Maybe not buying, but at least getting an idea of what I should be rolling based on my stroke. I've been practicing a lot lately and still can't quite seem to get it down a lot of the time, so I'm wondering if maybe the equipment may be having an effect since I have never been fit...what kind of improvements have you guys seen after a fitting? There's still the skeptical part of me telling me it's the Indian not the arrow, but I know even pros seem to find a favorite putter and cling to it like glue, so maybe there's something to it.

Seems a bit excessive to drive out of state to get a putter fitting. Even if it's only roughly 1hr30min drive. Add the cost of gas to the fitting and ouch...

I drove two hours to a fitting. It was worth every minute.

I drove two hours to a fitting. It was worth every minute.
Good to hear, but for many, this is out of the question due to time and cost.

Cazzara - Or you can visit - Chris Carfangia - Silver Certified
chris_carfangia.jpg
Pine Lakes Golf Club
6233 West Liberty Street

Hubbard, *OH 44425
Tel.: 330-534-9026
WWW: http://www.golfpinelakes.com
E-mail: chris@golfpinelakes.com
Seems a bit excessive to drive out of state to get a putter fitting. Even if it's only roughly 1hr30min drive. Add the cost of gas to the fitting and ouch...

Well, I personally drove four hours to see Chris last winter, and it changed my putting game completely. Took me from a hopeless putter to someone who not only enjoys putting, but have gotten myself to consistently be satisfied with sub 30 putt rounds.

Maybe it's not worth it for some, but I will always recommend Chris and the SPi instruction method. He's become a friend of mine, and someone I trust with my game, which says a lot about his teaching. I am very hard headed and need someone that will allow me to make sense of everything and make me feel like I'm doing it my way. Chris was insanely patient and picked the right times to make adjustments. He's also an awesome SeeMore ambassador and it's fun to talk with him about a company I feel strongly about.

100x worth it, and it won't be the last time I'll go see him. The right teacher is paramount in this game, and Chris is the right guy for me. I owe him.

Good to hear, but for many, this is out of the question due to time and cost.

Cazzara is only an hour away From Carfangia in Hubbard. It'd cost him what, ten dollars in gas? And the whole experience would take less time than a round of golf locally. Seems like cost and time are not an issue.

Well, I personally drove four hours to see Chris last winter, and it changed my putting game completely. Took me from a hopeless putter to someone who not only enjoys putting, but have gotten myself to consistently be satisfied with sub 30 putt rounds.

Maybe it's not worth it for some, but I will always recommend Chris and the SPi instruction method. He's become a friend of mine, and someone I trust with my game, which says a lot about his teaching. I am very hard headed and need someone that will allow me to make sense of everything and make me feel like I'm doing it my way. Chris was insanely patient and picked the right times to make adjustments. He's also an awesome SeeMore ambassador and it's fun to talk with him about a company I feel strongly about.

100x worth it, and it won't be the last time I'll go see him. The right teacher is paramount in this game, and Chris is the right guy for me. I owe him.

Cazzara is only an hour away From Carfangia in Hubbard. It'd cost him what, ten dollars in gas? And the whole experience would take less time than a round of golf locally. Seems like cost and time are not an issue.

I'm glad you had such great success in your putter fitting. Everything is relative to the person as if its "worth it" to them. If said person plays more competitively and has the extra time and money to drive hours to get fit, all the power to them. Then there's the other side of the coin where the person isn't as fortunate with their available time and money and or isn't as serious about their golf game. That type of person would most likely consider driving multiple hours to get fit as out of the question. Time and cost is relative to the person, nobody is the same. As for your gas comment, I'm not sure where you get your gas or what you drive, but driving a total of 2+ hours(total drive time to and from) definitely costs me more than $10.

I'm glad you had such great success in your putter fitting. Everything is relative to the person as if its "worth it" to them. If said person plays more competitively and has the extra time and money to drive hours to get fit, all the power to them. Then there's the other side of the coin where the person isn't as fortunate with their available time and money and or isn't as serious about their golf game. That type of person would most likely consider driving multiple hours to get fit as out of the question. Time and cost is relative to the person, nobody is the same. As for your gas comment, I'm not sure where you get your gas or what you drive, but driving a total of 2+ hours(total drive time to and from) definitely costs me more than $10.

I found the value in it. I am fortunate enough to have the time and money to have had it done. You're right. Everybody has to determine the value for themselves. My desire was to get fit by Seemore and receive instruction from their Director of Instruction. To have that done, I had to take the time and spend the money.

It is all relative. For the cost of a new club, the SeeMore fitting I did helped me more than any new club ever has. I love new shiny equipment as much as the next guy (maybe more), but this is one aspect that gets overlooked and could be the difference in a handful of strokes per round.

Back