I think I'm going to start messing around with a pop style of stroke for short putts, similar to Snedeker. I've been decelling so bad on short putts and it's getting frustrating missing so many. Maybe I should break down and buy some Triple Track balls first though to see if that brings my confidence back.

Forgive me if the wrong thread, but hoelw do you get better at reading greens?

I had sooo many two puts today that basically was a 3 inch tap in. Frustrating that I'm picking good lines and speed but not joking the putt.

I lipped/missed so many damn putts between this weekend and today.

I'm over it. I don't care about the what or the why, whether it was pure dumb bad luck or whether I just suck right now, but I am at that relatively typical time of year where I just can't buy a birdie (I made some but whatever), and I want to waste some money hahaha

Currently pondering mallets and/or mallet'ish putters to mess with. Ugh.

My Marxman and my kid's Double Wide have been performing...

I'm over it. I don't care about the what or the why, whether it was pure dumb bad luck or whether I just suck right now, but I am at that relatively typical time of year where I just can't buy a birdie (I made some but whatever), and I want to waste some money hahaha

Sometimes you just need to shake things up and get something new to look at.

Telling you... If you buy ask him for landscaping tips to be thrown in...

Screenshot_20200504-220822__01.jpg
Screenshot_20200504-220828__01.jpg

Why would someone even bother uploading this picture? lmao

View attachment 8941236
I was looking at one eBay listing last night where there was one crappy picture of the face, one of the sole I think and then about 5 of the worn out, crappy SuperStroke grip. I'm assuming he was trying to get people to ignore the dings all over the head but come on.

I support buying putters.

I was looking at one eBay listing last night where there was one crappy picture of the face, one of the sole I think and then about 5 of the worn out, crappy SuperStroke grip. I'm assuming he was trying to get people to ignore the dings all over the head but come on.
hahahaha, eBay is a dirty place.

I wish I wasn't a trash can and could putt with anything.
I have a feeling we could tape a brick to the end of a broom stick and you'd putt well.

I have a feeling we could tape a brick to the end of a broom stick and you'd putt well.
hahaha, at least I'd have more than just the greens to blame for my putts not going in.

I need to keep working on my putting. Out of 8 rounds this year (4 18 and 4 9), I don't have any rounds without a 3-putt. I need to improve distance control more than anything else.

I need to keep working on my putting. Out of 8 rounds this year (4 18 and 4 9), I don't have any rounds without a 3-putt. I need to improve distance control more than anything else.
how much of it is early season rust, course conditions, etc?

@Canadan are you really pondering mallets?

I just wanted to upset @Jman...

But sort of. Kind of. No one has impressed me with their argument yet.
I only bought this stupid Newport because of you and @Space Bandito and now you go and let me down with this mallet BS

Back