Putting this new grip on my Betti SS9, don't like the leather grip that came with the putter.

20200918_180807.jpg

I wish I could improve from being a decent putter to being a great putter, or even a really good putter. Today is a perfect example. 13 GIR. I drove the ball great. However, I had two 3 putts and 34 total putts. A 77 should have been a 73 or 74. Man, it’s frustrating.

Picked up a Scotty Newport 3. Allegedly used for 18 holes and traded in. I believe it too it looks flawless. Anyway, played 9 holes yesterday with it. That’s all I had time for. It loves me. 13 putts on 9 holes. Should have been 11. They had not mowed the first couple greens yet and they were pretty shaggy. Just missed 2 that should have broke a little and the thick green held up the break. Still..... I will take it.

I'm hoping my putting work pays off as I'm playing a course for the first time which I've been told has tricky greens

Why do I practice putting if I feel its going well? All it does is make me try more putters.
Last night, I swore the Betti was back to #2, Yes! #3, and Odyssey #7 vaults to #1.
I hate when I can't get out to play. I buy more stuff, or at least think of doing so.

Putts today where 16/14 for 30 and that was with 1 3 putt that shouldn't have happened. Chicago is just a great putter for me.

After today the Indy is out. It's been a rough couple of putting rounds and time for a shakeup.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I'm beginning to understand @Jman's fascination with inserts. 😎

After today the Indy is out. It's been a rough couple of putting rounds and time for a shakeup.
That was a solid Indy run. I’m actually going back to a mallet now and it’s an adjustment

Reactions: KEV
That was a solid Indy run. I’m actually going back to a mallet now and it’s an adjustment
I'm going to go old school. I just bought a Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie today that should be here next week. That's my old faithful shape so we'll see how it performs. If i get the chance to play this weekend I'll use the Si3 though.

While I was up north visiting family, I had a little extra time so I went down the road to Golf Galaxy to mess around. I happened to run across this grip back in the club building section and its been what I have been looking for for awhile. I had them slip it on and man I love it. I like it because its flat, and I can put the right side of the grip flat in my right palm to emulate the putter face which feels so stable to me as well put the left side of the grip in my left palm and emulate my back side of my left hand as the face.

Again, never heard of the brand but thats irrelevant to me. Its the shape I was after

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpg

While I was up north visiting family, I had a little extra time so I went down the road to Golf Galaxy to mess around. I happened to run across this grip back in the club building section and its been what I have been looking for for awhile. I had them slip it on and man I love it. I like it because its flat, and I can put the right side of the grip flat in my right palm to emulate the putter face which feels so stable to me as well put the left side of the grip in my left palm and emulate my back side of my left hand as the face.

Again, never heard of the brand but thats irrelevant to me. Its the shape I was after

View attachment 8964905View attachment 8964906View attachment 8964907
Looks good and I like the red and white.

Those are the grips that come on Evnroll putters - I like them.

Those are the grips that come on Evnroll putters - I like them.

Gotcha.

Yeah I REALLY like it so far. Again, not for the brand but the shape for my hands

I am getting a kick out of peer pressure heckling and putters/putting. I get it -- all in fun. But underneath that we have a guy who won the US Open with a rigid unorthodox posture and armlock putter. Nobody is making how to videos like that. And some of the best putters on tour use armlock too (e.g., Simpson, Kuchar). And there are companies out there pushing innovative putter designs (e.g., LAB, SIK, Axis1, Odyssey TT). Not universal but at times I have seen all of these putters put down and people using them teased. Heck, I make fun of TT's overt visuals and think no way. At what point is "just having some fun" holding people back? I'm sure this comment will go over like a lead brick in a kiddie pool. I find it curious.

Just snagged an old Acushnet Bullseye putter, really looking forward to getting it out onto the course

Haven't used one of these for over 20 years

I am getting a kick out of peer pressure heckling and putters/putting. I get it -- all in fun. But underneath that we have a guy who won the US Open with a rigid unorthodox posture and armlock putter. Nobody is making how to videos like that. And some of the best putters on tour use armlock too (e.g., Simpson, Kuchar). And there are companies out there pushing innovative putter designs (e.g., LAB, SIK, Axis1, Odyssey TT). Not universal but at times I have seen all of these putters put down and people using them teased. Heck, I make fun of TT's overt visuals and think no way. At what point is "just having some fun" holding people back? I'm sure this comment will go over like a lead brick in a kiddie pool. I find it curious.
I make fun of myself for using an ugly putter. Heckling is part of the fun but ultimately in always happy when someone finds something that works. I'll just give that person crap if it's ugly 🤣.

I think that's all on the person. If you try something different, depending on who you play with, you're gonna get some odd looks. If you can't deal with that, then you do you. I thought the same thing about the TT putters, but I tried one and it works. I'm also considering tinkering with arm lock over the winter. Dunno if it sticks but seems like it would take some variables out of the equation.

Off to see if my new CG putter is here...

I make fun of myself for using an ugly putter. Heckling is part of the fun but ultimately in always happy when someone finds something that works. I'll just give that person crap if it's ugly 🤣.

I often roll a Tuttle. I usually apologize to playing partners. ;)

It is an interesting topic to think about. I don't have the resources or time to explore as much as I would like. I do know that putting is the area where I can make the most improvement now and into the future. I could always just work on my putting ...

I think how it feels when you grip it is very important. If it's the right shape for you, then give it a go. Best of luck with the new grip. Hope you sink more putts!

Back