I have the Cleveland Frontline Elevado slant neck and the Huntington Beach soft 11s but the Soft Premiere 11s is calling to me.. Lol

Was rolling some putt on the mat, I like to do 10 at 2/4/6/8 feet. While the Ten frames the ball better, the Chicago just rolled them better.
I do have 104cc Tour SNSR on the Ten and 140 on the Chicago. I wonder if changing the the Ten grip to a 140 would make a difference in putting?

Was rolling some putt on the mat, I like to do 10 at 2/4/6/8 feet. While the Ten frames the ball better, the Chicago just rolled them better.
I do have 104cc Tour SNSR on the Ten and 140 on the Chicago. I wonder if changing the the Ten grip to a 140 would make a difference in putting?
Only one way to find out my friend.

Over lunch I went to the putting green and messed around with the claw grip. I was actually surprised by how good the results were. It seems to get my shoulders rocking easier and takes some of my hand/wrist action out of the stroke. I may have to give it a whirl in our last night of league tomorrow.

One of my grips has arrived, the red one, for the bullseye. Waiting on the Black one to go on my main putter. Hopefully today so I can use it tomorrow in the team event

It feels good to have the Scotty back in the bag, even after only 2 rounds without it

Making incremental progress by enforcing consistent routine and setup and working on distance feel more than alignment. Looking back, I get into trouble when I let the 🤬 get under my skin and stop doing the little things.

Chicago feels good, esp with a new grip. It’s softer feeling and allows me to be a little more aggressive. Gives me clear feedback on where and how I hit the ball. 👍

Making incremental progress by enforcing consistent routine and setup and working on distance feel more than alignment. Looking back, I get into trouble when I let the 🤬 get under my skin and stop doing the little things.

Chicago feels good, esp with a new grip. It’s softer feeling and allows me to be a little more aggressive. Gives me clear feedback on where and how I hit the ball. 👍
That is key and should help with some confidence.

I found an old Nike Method face-balanced double-wide Anser style putter cleaning out the garage a couple of days ago and I'm really rolling it well. It might make it out on the course this weekend.

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 8.11.38 AM.png

I found an old Nike Method face-balanced double-wide Anser style putter cleaning out the garage a couple of days ago and I'm really rolling it well. It might make it out on the course this weekend.

View attachment 8966684

Nice find! That looks sleek.

I will not buy another putter until I replace my stupid hybrids and wedges. And repeat.

View attachment 8966684
Very nice. Looks to be in great shape

Very nice. Looks to be in great shape

That's not the picture of my Nike putter but it is in perfect shape. That's what happens when you own 3 dozen plus putters, none of them show much wear, lol.

Speed control is a problem when it’s bad.

Saw some nice positives putting today that I haven't seen for awhile. My touch is coming back, and I was online every putt. And I made putts.
Good to hear, you'll need that Sunday.

Even though my putting hasn't been too bad this year I've decided that for the rest of the season and over winter I'm going to commit to the claw grip. I'm curious to see if it helps me improve a little more by pretty much taking the wrist's out of the equation.

Even though my putting hasn't been too bad this year I've decided that for the rest of the season and over winter I'm going to commit to the claw grip. I'm curious to see if it helps me improve a little more by pretty much taking the wrist's out of the equation.
Definitely a different feel for sure.

Reactions: KEV
Definitely a different feel for sure.
I totally agree, It's such a weird feeling grip to get used to. I tend to get too wristy though so hopefully this will help.

I was also messing around with choking way down on the grip to get an idea of what an arm lock with the claw grip would feel like (like Webb Simpson) and it seems like it would make the putting stroke so much simpler. I can see why Webb would like that. If I ever find an arm lock at a store in definitely going to play around with it.

36 putts today with the new Scotty in the bag. That's about normal for me so it will take some more time with it to see how it goes. I do like the roll it puts on the ball and it inspires some confidence. Just had some bad reads.

I decided to try something different and put a SuperStroke Flatso on my 330m. It took some getting used to but I like how it sets my thumbs/hands at address really well. I’ve been using a Lamkin Deep Etch which is similar but a smaller grip.

not sure how long it will last, but 31 putts today was a good sign

I'm going to see if I can save my Superstroke grip when my Scotty grip arrives, not holding up much hope as I don't have any of the correct removal tools

Hopefully that will be later on today if our postman turns up

I used to pay attention to the midwest PGA Tour guys, and when Steve Stricker was helping out Jerry Kelly and others with their putting.
Hands high style is what those guys were working on to keep the wrists out of the stroke.

Just an idea for a slightly different setup position to do the same without having to try and employ a new grip style. (y)
I practiced this way for the last 5 years and it works. Very excited about my putting when I get back out there. That used to hold me back.
Now to deal with hitting it 40-50 yards shorter. :ROFLMAO:

Back