Well my superstroke is safe for another few days, postman was a no show. Maybe Monday

I'm going to see if I can save my Superstroke grip when my Scotty grip arrives, not holding up much hope as I don't have any of the correct removal tools

Hopefully that will be later on today if our postman turns up
Spent $30 on a Super Stroke I don't like. It hurts to get out the hook blade... :cry:

Spent $30 on a Super Stroke I don't like. It hurts to get out the hook blade... :cry:

I know, I am going to see if I can salvage it, if not the blade will be out and the grip cutt off. Will then have a counter balance weight with no grip to use it on

I know, I am going to see if I can salvage it, if not the blade will be out and the grip cutt off. Will then have a counter balance weight with no grip to use it on
I'm chemically sensitive with a bad immune system. I HATE the smell of the new Super Strokes. Man, do they stink now!!
I'll be glad to get rid of it. I don't remember my Ultra Slim 1.0's stinking so much years ago when I put those on? Yuck.
They were all in plastic at the store, so didn't realize the smell. :eek:

I want to try some GP's, as I like their shapes they have going, but the colors are just all wrong. Having a hard time getting past that. :unsure:
Edit: I think I'm "out" on Super Strokes moving forward...

I didn't get a chance to hit practice putts before my round but I putted really well. I don't think I had a single 3 putt all round. The putting practice is finally paying off!

I didn't get a chance to hit practice putts before my round but I putted really well. I don't think I had a single 3 putt all round. The putting practice is finally paying off!
Awesome to hear that. (y)(y)

I'm wanting to experiment with a longer putter.

I've been playing a 34" putter for awhile and while I've been fit to that before, I think my stroke has changed since then. I feel like I get the toe down a lot more than before. The longer putter will maybe stop me from building a stance that is so hunched over. At the same time, I'm short so maybe a full inch longer is overkill.

I also am not sure how much I use alignment lines. I like using a site dot for a visual reference of the middle of the club, but I think I need to try incorporating horizontal lines more.

What's weird to me is all of this is running through my head when I've been putting quite well. I'm not sure I'm about to blow up stuff that's been producing results but just feels momentarily awkward.

But 2 35" putters inbound. 1 naked and 1 with a flange line. Worse case my putter collection continues to needlessly grow.

Well now thanks to THP I have this to banter about at some point. Need to get it out to try.

3EA4B232-54F3-4087-87E7-06575118A4CF.jpeg

Has anyone with a Scotty tried using different weights in the heel and toe, ie a 16g in one and a 20g in the other?

I'm wondering what difference if any it would make

I’ve been following LowTide putters for a few months and finally pulled the trigger on one. Looks absolutely beautiful in person and truthfully, IMO, it’s the best feeling putter off the face and best balanced putter I’ve played. Got it in Friday, no practice, and had 28 putts Saturday.

View attachment 8965882View attachment 8965883View attachment 8965884View attachment 8965885View attachment 8965886View attachment 8965887
They make great sticks and their craftsmanship is top notch. There’s a big thread on them here somewhere. They did a putter for me when we had Charlotte, solid copper with a stainless neck.

Has anyone with a Scotty tried using different weights in the heel and toe, ie a 16g in one and a 20g in the other?

I'm wondering what difference if any it would make
Not as much of a difference as you might be thinking, IME of course.

I have the Cleveland Frontline Elevado slant neck and the Huntington Beach soft 11s but the Soft Premiere 11s is calling to me.. Lol
The thing I prefer about the Frontline over the other two there is that it’s built with the 2135 concept, I’m a big believer in that and what it does.

Not as much of a difference as you might be thinking, IME of course.

Thanks, have gone back to 15g weights, just need my grip to arrive so I can remove the counter balance weight too

This and the new LAB putter need a shoot out!

image.jpg

here we go.. the aidam putter has a much more please feel right off the bat. The alignment aid after reading the THP article on it works interestingly well. The rear dot is used to make sure you are at the correct lie angle. It feels pretty upright. But, that is most likely due to a poor or low setup previous by me.

So... My putter is making a last stand right now.

Two years ago I traded an A wedge to a buddy that I had bought it from, for his old Odyssey White Hot. After he sold me the clubs, he kept moaning about how much he missed that wedge. Then, he let it slip that he had a new Odyssey putter coming his way. When he said he was going to pick it up, I asked him if he still wanted that wedge. He said yes, and I told him I'd trade it for his old putter. Done deal!

Well, I think he had the biggest Super Stroker grip on there. Too big for my hands, and it was getting kind of old and slick. So I took the club to the golf shop, and tried every putter grip in the rack. Found a slightly oversize Lamkin paddle that I liked. At this shop the price of the grip includes installation, so I went to the counter. The guy rang me up and went into the back room for what seemed like less than 5 minutes. He came back with my putter, told me to let it set up overnight and I could use it the next day. No problem!

Man, I love this putter, and have been putting great with it! I'm now 68, and I putt better than I did when I was in my 20's when I could play this game a little bit! Especially lag putting. I set this putter behind the ball, and it seems like there is no way I can set up off line!

Had the Chicago back in the bag today. 31 putts but I burned a lot of edges and they just wouldn't fall. Nice having 1 foot tap ins though. Sped control and distance control was good.

Two years ago I traded an A wedge to a buddy that I had bought it from, for his old Odyssey White Hot. After he sold me the clubs, he kept moaning about how much he missed that wedge. Then, he let it slip that he had a new Odyssey putter coming his way. When he said he was going to pick it up, I asked him if he still wanted that wedge. He said yes, and I told him I'd trade it for his old putter. Done deal!

Well, I think he had the biggest Super Stroker grip on there. Too big for my hands, and it was getting kind of old and slick. So I took the club to the golf shop, and tried every putter grip in the rack. Found a slightly oversize Lamkin paddle that I liked. At this shop the price of the grip includes installation, so I went to the counter. The guy rang me up and went into the back room for what seemed like less than 5 minutes. He came back with my putter, told me to let it set up overnight and I could use it the next day. No problem!

Man, I love this putter, and have been putting great with it! I'm now 68, and I putt better than I did when I was in my 20's when I could play this game a little bit! Especially lag putting. I set this putter behind the ball, and it seems like there is no way I can set up off line!
Yep. White Hot Pro #7 got me my personal best. (y)
I do love my Bettinardi. Prettiest I own, and I putt best with it. Great combo. I'll be dumb to play anything else when I get back out there.
Except it begs the question: #7 is the holy ghost putter. So why not it?
Betti just, I don't have to think about anything with this putter. Best I have ever had. Dumb lucked it that the lie angle was correct for me at 71º, and extended it and put the super stroke ultra slim 1.0 on it years ago. Its the one.

Was just mentioning to a friend the Rife IBF Aussie is getting extended as well, and a new Lamkin Blue Etched Paddle, funny you should mention...
that one will just need the lie angle tipped up so I can use the sight alignment groove on the topline. $25 from RockBottom Golf many moons ago.
I think Rife's EVNRLL putters are $450 now? Not a bad pickup for a Rife 303ss putter. (y)(y)

had greenskeepers revenge 2 man scramble yesterday. I made 3 putts over 25 feet.

also missed several 4 footers that would turn into 8 footers. Eeesh.

Putting was only so-so yesterday. I had a couple run past into darn it territory. They were difficult putts, but still. And none of my 8-25 footers were a threat to the hole. And also at the end of the round I had a few of those pay no mind “tap ins”. They didn’t go in ... 🤪 I still see progress, but the putting has to become a stronger part of the game. On days like that where I’m not striking as solid as usual and missing greens, I need to capitalize on up and down opportunities. Wedges near green is a strength. Issues are about the guy with the putter, not the tool. But this guy is curious if a milled face mallet would improve alignment on shorter putts. Heavier may also help. IDK.

They make great sticks and their craftsmanship is top notch. There’s a big thread on them here somewhere. They did a putter for me when we had Charlotte, solid copper with a stainless neck.
craftsmanship is definitely high quality... I already want another and plan on doing a custom in the next month or so

I watched a bunch of YouTube videos this weekend re: arm lock putters. Not sure if I can commit to making such a switch, but I am going to poke around a little bit more.

Back