PXG Rumored To Have Signed 5 in Top 50

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Rumors are just that, rumors, but where there is smoke there is some fire. Everything from Parsons is willing to overpay, to guys wanting to try something new are popping up. Rumors from Hahn, DJ, Horschel and about 10 others have been discussed. So what say you, do you think they have a high end smaller stable as early as this year as they move towards being more of a mainstream brand?

Oh man, they pull that off and they will be a big conversation point in online and traditional golf media for a few months.

And Parsons will love it.

I am calling it now, a PXG Super Bowl commercial is in the works.

That would be one way to try and be mainstream and fast. Seems like a short term gain, long term loss if you are overpaying to get it done however.

for enough $$$, I could see a few move to it. I doubt it will be full bags, but I could see DJ being signed for a ton of dough and playing the irons and having the bag.

I could see DJ rep'ing PXG gear.

Though how "mainstream" will PXG want to get, when IIRC part of their whole schtick was that they say they're definitely not for your average golfer?

Horschel just recently started following Bob Parsons and PxG on twitter. He's definitely one of them.

I could see DJ rep'ing PXG gear.

Though how "mainstream" will PXG want to get, when IIRC part of their whole schtick was that they say they're definitely not for your average golfer?

They are speaking the language of people actively buying golf equipment.

They do have some money.

I could see Ping staffers specifically jumping ship. With Mike Nicollete designing and PXG based just 10 miles from Karsten I could see Bob poaching quite a few from Ping.

Horschel just recently started following Bob Parsons and PxG on twitter. He's definitely one of them.

I feel like Horschel has the right personality for a company like that too.

They do have some money.

Not for long. But kudos to a few PGA players for cashing in when contracts arent worth what they used to be.

Fupresti heard some of these same rumors while we were out in California.

What figures would we be talking about to define overpay? 2M, 5M, 10M per year?

Agree that Horschel and DJ are the right type of guys for a company like this. DJ with the long bombing and Horschel with the outspoken nature.

i don't know what to think about their stuff. i guess this stable of guys you've mentioned makes more sense, but for whatever reason i didn't think of pxg as being a younger demographic given the price point. personally, i have -0- desire to hit any of it. something about it rubs me the wrong way, maybe because ryan moore was the first "name" they went after?

Their stuff looks cool... adjustable weighting in spades

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

What was interesting was a conversation I had with T.O. at Cobra about moving CG in irons and he said PXG has something that does in effect work with regards to design. I don't think you can completely discount them as an OEM, but based on their current model and price points it will be an interesting path to follow.

I'll be honest, I really would love to see if the clubs perform but as of now I only have Cool Clubs as a resource.

It's interesting the difference in approaches when it comes to tour players. Company A doesn't want to blow their budget on one or two big names, they want to invest in young up and coming talent. Company B wants to become as relevant as possible when it comes to tour players so will spend the farm on a couple players.

I can see DJ cashing in. Fupresti has a point with poaching PING players.

Interesting to see what kind of $$ is thrown around

I would've laughed if I read this anywhere else but after seeing stuff I had no clue about (Ping, etc).....I can see it.

I'm so out of touch with all of this. I read "PXG" and thought "project x golf....?"

That would be a huge move. I know a really good and smart rep who left ping after roughly 20 years who went there as golf employee #4.

I know he's got money to throw around, but I'm surprised if he's going after that many guys, who are that high in the rankings, maybe a quick bang, but who knows how long it'll last.

5 just seems like alot...alot of cash to be true...time will tell i suppose

Did you get a notification that he started following them? How would you even know that lol

Back