R9 vs R9 460 vs R9 Supertri Most forgiving ?

Benchmade

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey gang
Whats your thoughts on these three ? Im a high capper with a slower swing speed. I have a slow looping tempo. Right now im gaming the R9 with stock "R" flex shaft. I get a medium ball flight and about 220 carry.

Would the change to a 460cc or shaft change be more forgiving ?

Thanks for any insight.

It really depends on which product fits your swing cause the R9 is a different animal.

Here is the scoop on the heads only. R9 low launch low spin. R9 460/R9 supertri mid/high launch mid spin. The r9 460 and supertri are more forgiving then the R9.It really depends on if you want the weights.
I feel the shaft is more stable in the R9 then the 460 or supertri,which also are considered mid launch mid spin.

The 460 will be more forgiving on miss hits.A different shaft may help you as well,but it all depends on what you require.Unfortunately only a fitter can telling you what you need after he obtains some numbers from you.

It really depends on which product fits your swing cause the R9 is a different animal.

Here is the scoop on the heads only. R9 low launch low spin. R9 460/R9 supertri mid/high launch mid spin. The r9 460 and supertri are more forgiving then the R9.It really depends on if you want the weights.
I feel the shaft is more stable in the R9 then the 460 or supertri,which also are considered mid launch mid spin.

The 460 will be more forgiving on miss hits.A different shaft may help you as well,but it all depends on what you require.Unfortunately only a fitter can telling you what you need after he obtains some numbers from you.

Can't add anything to that, great answer.

BigLefty thank you for the responce. You are right about the R9. For me it is low to mid. I do not/have not messed with the weights. I did close the head 1 degree. Maybe i can find a 460 head in 10-11 degrees.

I have an R9460 and I had a Supertri. I actually stole the 460 head from my husband after playing with it because I got more distance with the 460 than the Supertri. I have not played the R9 and I have a slower ss, so I play senior flex. I love the 460.

Just an update. I bought a 460 head 11.5 brand new for $50. Took the shaft out of the stock R9 "R flex" and just came back from the range. I have to say it is much more easy to hit. You all are right. Very forgiving ! I think the combo of the 11.5 head and mid flight shaft made a great combo. I have a few other shafts in different flexes that im going to sleeve for it. I'll keep you posted.

Just an update. I bought a 460 head 11.5 brand new for $50. Took the shaft out of the stock R9 "R flex" and just came back from the range. I have to say it is much more easy to hit. You all are right. Very forgiving ! I think the combo of the 11.5 head and mid flight shaft made a great combo. I have a few other shafts in different flexes that im going to sleeve for it. I'll keep you posted.

thanks for the update. Did you see any difference in distance or just in shot dispersion?

thanks for the update. Did you see any difference in distance or just in shot dispersion?

I saw both. Distance was maybe 15 yards further. I'm a long and looping swinger not a tight fast one. Short and straight is better than long and wrong IMO. The same settings " between N & L " was the best for me " high handicapper. My shot was much more on the money than when using the standard R9 head. The 460 is in the bag for sure.

I saw both. Distance was maybe 15 yards further. I'm a long and looping swinger not a tight fast one. Short and straight is better than long and wrong IMO. The same settings " between N & L " was the best for me " high handicapper. My shot was much more on the money than when using the standard R9 head. The 460 is in the bag for sure.

Congrats, the R9 460 is a great driver.

Nice to hear you've found this. I've just recently bagged the R9 460 too, and I'm seeing some success with it. All this after testing quite a few new drivers, so it's definitely still up there with the best.

I love my r9 460 at least thats the case when Im hitting it well

Hit it better than just the r9, but never tried the super-tri

Back