Range Days - Behind the Scenes - THP Live Contest

Every driver we used today had a stock shaft in play. Hzrdus smoke stiff in callaway, TaylorMade in tensei orange, Altus in Ping, nv green in cobra, and my brain is mush on the rest.

A couple of them I plugged my own shafts into after the fact to check out what we could do. They will not be the primary focus of this experience.

Thanks for the effort so far. Can’t wait for the live feed on YouTube.

Bahahaha, you, I, and Dean work out the WHOLE clubface...and sometimes the crown and sole lmao

I can find the both the heel and toe like a well trained podiatrist.

Lol I put my hzrdus yellow in the sub zero. Lulz.

2f0851fa0f62181e5b33312cebbb9250.jpg

Lol that’s just dumb. I love it

Fantastic day today and a lot of stuff recorded. We will break down the process during the live stream tomorrow.

maybe i'm confused by what you're saying here. no one that i have read is saying flash sounds like the max; they're saying the max is louder. how is that kind of comparison "wrong?" again, maybe i just don't get the point you're making.

and coming off hitting a handful of drivers last week, one of which was flash sz, i didn't notice much difference at all. full disclosure, driver sound is something i might notice if it's awesome, but i don't really care if something is loud. my two favorite drivers ever are bridgestone j815 and now my g400 max, two very VERY loud drivers.

I’ll just step out on this, not even worth offering an opinion here anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomorrow really should have some interesting thoughts and convo. Go take some Ibuprofen now Dan.

I’m confused about this whole sound debate, it is all personal preference. Loud v. Too Loud v. Not Loud Enough is relative to the individual. Sound is an characteristic of a driver, I care more about numbers... Looking forward to tomorrow’s content.

I’m confused about this whole sound debate, it is all personal preference. Loud v. Too Loud v. Not Loud Enough is relative to the individual. Sound is an characteristic of a driver, I care more about numbers... Looking forward to tomorrow’s content.

I think everyone agrees with that. It seems to touch nerves any time someone says the flash is loud for some reason though.

Bahahaha, you, I, and Dean work out the WHOLE clubface...and sometimes the crown and sole lmao
Just testing the forgiveness of that leading edge...

I’ll just step out on this, not even worth offering an opinion here anymore.

if you’re out, you’re out. but i didn’t mean it to come across aggressively. apologies if it did. you said something is wrong if comparisons are being made to the max. i haven’t read anyone say the flash sounds like the max, hence my confusion.

i tested the flash and liked it, but in a proper fitting hated it. so i’m not pondering it, or have any skin in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Setting the stage for tomorrow night.

d66196fdfa2cb54c4a4456eceba42d30.jpg

That looks like quite a few shafts to choose from.

Just a follow up thank you for the great participation in here today.

We're working hard on editing some content for tomorrow night and getting some additional info needed to bring info to you guys to highlight some elements, and give the full perspective on what THP Range Days is all about.

We demand to see footage of Dan smashing golf balls.

Setting the stage for tomorrow night.

d66196fdfa2cb54c4a4456eceba42d30.jpg

Holy SHAFTS Batman!!! That’s quite the selection there, looks like a lot of fun could be had!

Range Days - Behind the Scenes - THP Live Contest

I have neither seen nor hit the Flash so I have no idea on the sound of it, but is it that much different from the Epic/Rogue with similar technology?

I think the whole sound thing is exaggerated by the fact Callaway's last few releases have been very muted carbon sound. A bit of a more metallic sound in the flash line just took some people by surprise. When I hit the flash line I was definitely taken aback by the departure from epic and rogue sound and feel but the ball speeds had me not caring after a few swings

I think the whole sound thing is exaggerated by the fact Callaway's last few releases have been very muted carbon sound. A bit of a more metallic sound in the flash line just took some people by surprise. When I hit the flash line I was definitely taken aback by the departure from epic and rogue sound and feel but the ball speeds had me not caring after a few swings

I completely agree and many complained about the prior releases being too muted. It is all a matter of perspective though, alongside the Rogue and Epic I’m sure it is loud. Alongside a Ping G30 or some of the Cobra releases and it’s quite tame. There’s been a good conversation going about that in the M5 and M6 thread today.

Back