Thanks! I'll give that a try.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I use an epoxy rather than double sided tape. It's messier (the first couple of times) but faster IMO and I feel it does two things.
1.) It stops the overlap of the double sided tape (which I can feel through the grip).
2.) Makes it easier in re-gripping the next time round. If you blow or cut off your grips the shaft clean up is simple.

Plus, I have an issue with putting solvents on a rubber grip as well as it touching the finish on graphite shafts.

Does anyone else use an epoxy over double sided tape? Sorry for the skim.

Is it in any way possible to save the grip instead of cutting it down the middle? The sign for clubmaking at Dicks says "Save Grip... $3.99" I kind of want to add another wrap of tape to my irons but not have to buy new grips.

I use an epoxy rather than double sided tape. It's messier (the first couple of times) but faster IMO and I feel it does two things.
1.) It stops the overlap of the double sided tape (which I can feel through the grip).
2.) Makes it easier in re-gripping the next time round. If you blow or cut off your grips the shaft clean up is simple.

Plus, I have an issue with putting solvents on a rubber grip as well as it touching the finish on graphite shafts.

Does anyone else use an epoxy over double sided tape? Sorry for the skim.

Never heard of anyone using epoxy. The one thing I do, is to use 3/4 tape which is placed in a spiraled pattern around the shaft with gaps between each round. You can not feel this through the grip. Grip solvent, either regular solvent or Brampton have no effect on graphite. I use Brampton most of the time.

Is it in any way possible to save the grip instead of cutting it down the middle? The sign for clubmaking at Dicks says "Save Grip... $3.99" I kind of want to add another wrap of tape to my irons but not have to buy new grips.

yes there is. There is a tool you can buy from golfworks and golfsmith that will save it. This is the one I have, works alright, though sometimes it's a pain
http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_VGGR_A_cn_E_17

Has anybody tried blowing other makers of grips on with the Pure gun? Can you just get away with double sided tape and blowing a grip on (no glue)?

I met up with a friend of mine last night and he was so excited that he bought a set of 13 grips from golftown at half price and had them installed for a total of $110. I had to laugh I told him I got a set of 13 for 30 bucks and did it myself with a little THP help. He was a little choked when I pointed out that the price difference was a round of golf. hahaha

Has anybody tried blowing other makers of grips on with the Pure gun? Can you just get away with double sided tape and blowing a grip on (no glue)?

I have blown on other grips without using double sided tape. Obviously it depends on the grip, but I have done it with Winn grips with no issues. I ended up using just basic painters or masking tape it they worked fine.

I met up with a friend of mine last night and he was so excited that he bought a set of 13 grips from golftown at half price and had them installed for a total of $110. I had to laugh I told him I got a set of 13 for 30 bucks and did it myself with a little THP help. He was a little choked when I pointed out that the price difference was a round of golf. hahaha

damn! I could buy 2 sets of 13 grips from THP and install them for that price

Grant - I've put a number of different grips on with the PURE gun. I actually use regular masking tape and put some water in the grip.

Grant - I've put a number of different grips on with the PURE gun. I actually use regular masking tape and put some water in the grip.

did you do this with the New Lamkin grips? I might try one of those

Yep. That or I just used whatever tape was left on the clubs from the old grips. I've not had an issue with slipping. The only problem I have with other grips that have tape on them is getting them off. I can PURE some of them, but others damn near explode and are easier off with a knife.

I have blown on other grips without using double sided tape. Obviously it depends on the grip, but I have done it with Winn grips with no issues. I ended up using just basic painters or masking tape it they worked fine.

damn! I could buy 2 sets of 13 grips from THP and install them for that price

I wonder if it will work with NDMC?

I don't see why not.

I am going to try it when they come in. I can't wait. I think TC said two wraps is right below mid-size.

I found that adding the water was key for me. Just pour it in and pour it out.

I found that adding the water was key for me. Just pour it in and pour it out.

I've used a little water and sometime solvent even though it's masking tape. I just bought a squirt bottle from the dollar store that I use.

Thanks guys. I can't wait to get my rough NDMC grips on my clubs!

I am going to try it when they come in. I can't wait. I think TC said two wraps is right below mid-size.

I think two "extra", three total wraps, is just below midsize.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

I successfully re-gripped my AW-Driver yesterday, by blowing the grips on with the Pure gun. I added another layer of tape to my irons and as Hawk recommended by wetting down the tape and inside of the grips before blowing them on. I blew the first grip up, but figured it out on the second one. They went smooth after that. I am really stoked and love the look of them.

Nice dude. It's definitely a quick process once you get the old grips off and that tape on. If a professional saw the tape job on my wedges he'd probably want to puke haha. Works though.

I successfully re-gripped my AW-Driver yesterday, by blowing the grips on with the Pure gun. I added another layer of tape to my irons and as Hawk recommended by wetting down the tape and inside of the grips before blowing them on. I blew the first grip up, but figured it out on the second one. They went smooth after that. I am really stoked and love the look of them.

nice! That was with the NDMC right?

That is correct. I went with the Black and White combo.

how did you do at lining everything up? That part drives me nuts so now I just do it logo down if I can.

Nice dude. It's definitely a quick process once you get the old grips off and that tape on. If a professional saw the tape job on my wedges he'd probably want to puke haha. Works though.

HAHA. I messed up on the first one, but got better with the tape after that one.

Back