how did you do at lining everything up? That part drives me nuts so now I just do it logo down if I can.

I came out pretty good. I tried making sure I had the toe up in the vise and then used that as my alignment aid. I like when you use air, I can give just a short blast and fix the alignment. I have heard of making a small line on the club where the previous grip was. That might work next time for you.

I came out pretty good. I tried making sure I had the toe up in the vise and then used that as my alignment aid. I like when you use air, I can give just a short blast and fix the alignment. I have heard of making a small line on the club where the previous grip was. That might work next time for you.

using the air gun makes it easier to align because you aren't playing beat the clock.

A buddy just called and is ordering double sided tape for regripping his clubs. He came across two sizes, 1" and 2" wide. Does one seem to work better than the other?

A buddy just called and is ordering double sided tape for regripping his clubs. He came across two sizes, 1" and 2" wide. Does one seem to work better than the other?

I like the 2 inch wide duey as it wraps all the way around the shaft so all you have to do is cut it too length. The 1 inch kind would need to be wrapped around.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the 2 inch wide duey as it wraps all the way around the shaft so all you have to do is cut it too length. The 1 inch kind would need to be wrapped around.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear CB, I'll pass that on thanks!

So grip solvent (golfworks) vs Mineral spirits.. Surprisingly the solvent is actually cheaper..

Which do you guys prefer?

air compressor - no mess
But when I use solvent I use the golfworks stuff.

air compressor - no mess
But when I use solvent I use the golfworks stuff.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to start looking into the compressor method, but figured since I had the process down with the solvent I'd at least get some stuff in house to do it.

I like the grip activator stuff that comes in the spray bottle. Works awesome and so easy to use.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to start looking into the compressor method, but figured since I had the process down with the solvent I'd at least get some stuff in house to do it.

definitely. I still keep the golfworks stuff around. Sometimes if I'm just doing 1 grip I'll use it. I also use it to save grips that have been taped on instead of blown on.

definitely. I still keep the golfworks stuff around. Sometimes if I'm just doing 1 grip I'll use it. I also use it to save grips that have been taped on instead of blown on.

I just destroyed a 25 dollar super stroke on account of that so I definitely know what you're talking about haha... It hurt, but I was very angry with my decision to put it on so it was more therapeutic destruction than anything else haha!

Reading back it seems like many much prefer the blow on method.. What about adding wraps to widen the grip? Still the tape wraps with compressor process?

I just destroyed a 25 dollar super stroke on account of that so I definitely know what you're talking about haha... It hurt, but I was very angry with my decision to put it on so it was more therapeutic destruction than anything else haha!

Reading back it seems like many much prefer the blow on method.. What about adding wraps to widen the grip? Still the tape wraps with compressor process?

I use masking/painters tape. Then I just dip a cloth in water, rub it on the tape to make it a little slick and blow the grip on. I've added layers with no issues at all. In fact I just redid my entire bag with this method Friday night.

I use masking/painters tape. Then I just dip a cloth in water, rub it on the tape to make it a little slick and blow the grip on. I've added layers with no issues at all. In fact I just redid my entire bag with this method Friday night.

Nice! Which grips did you go with?

Definitely 2" but I've seen people liking 1" with wrap around style better.

I guess it is personal preference.

My grip solvent is called WD40 and my tape is called painters tape. Works great!

My grip solvent is called WD40 and my tape is called painters tape. Works great!

Does this just work so well that you PREFER the method. Or does it just work "good enough" and your cheap?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Does this just work so well that you PREFER the method. Or does it just work "good enough" and your cheap?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

It works just fine and I prefer it because I don't have to spend more money! Never had a slipping issue with clubs or putters this way.

That's a really good idea. I think I have both of those things at home, so now I can re-grip much more easily.

It works just fine and I prefer it because I don't have to spend more money! Never had a slipping issue with clubs or putters this way.

Well. Might have to check this out. Is the painters tape any more thick than the regular two sided adhesive grip tape?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I really don't know, COLT. I don't think it is. It's basically just masking tape from what I can tell.

Well. Might have to check this out. Is the painters tape any more thick than the regular two sided adhesive grip tape?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

2 sided tape is defiantly thicker than painters tape. If I had to guess maybe 1 1/2?

Just buy the Golfsmith instal tool, tape and solvent. Easy to do, works good. I have changed dozens of grips on my clubs. I still don't see why anyone would need a vise.

I know that the grip tape is a little thicker. I did an experiment and the grip tape with three wraps is a bit thicker than the painters tape.

Also I use mineral spirits to slide my grips on. Works great!

Back