Room for one more!

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
My bag for 2016 is set and I have room for one more club. I want to add a club I will use. What should it be?
2016 bag

GBB driver
GBB 3W
2 & 3 hybo
5-aw cf apex 2016
54*md3
#1wide

what should I add?

58* or 60* wedge?

PM Grind in 58° or 60°.
Thank me later!

I'd think a 58 or 60 degree wedge would be useful

58 MD3 would be my choice.

58 or 60. It's the most used club in my bag.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4h and a 58* wedge, swap them depending on what the par 3's are on the particular course you're playing. But if I had to only pick one it would be the higher lofted wedge.

58W MD3 I love how my bag sets up so its a natural suggestion for me to make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 iron or hybrid would be my choice. I've seen your magic with a 54* wedge, I'm not sure what you would gain going with anything higher loft. But I would think there would big gap between a 3 hybrid and 5 iron.

What's the yardage gap between the 3w & hybrids? Maybe add a Heavenwood?

If not I agree a 58/60 MD3 or PM Grind

deep bunkers or buried greenside chips from the rough will be reason enough to bag a 60*. MD3 W grind would be a good addition to the bag for you

4h and a 58* wedge, swap them depending on what the par 3's are on the particular course you're playing. But if I had to only pick one it would be the higher lofted wedge.

I thought of a 4h just not sure if ever use. What and where might I use a 4h?

A 58*. I love the MD3's but as much as I want to like it, I can't warm up to my MD 60* PM grind.

What's the yardage gap between the 3w & hybrids? Maybe add a Heavenwood?

If not I agree a 58/60 MD3 or PM Grind

20 yards at the top end. But with the new CFs in the bag, I will have to see where my gaps are.

I am with the masses in suggesting a 58 or 60 degree wedge.

60* PM grind

Won't use it every round but it can do something special when needed....especially with your touch.

I'm going to be an antagonist here and suggest You might want to consider a Apex UT if you need to hit a lower shot.

I thought of a 4h just not sure if ever use. What and where might I use a 4h?

Long par 3's or to fill the gap between the 3h and the 5i hitting into greens on par 5's. It all depends on what your gap is though.

As others have recommended... 58/60* PM grind. The things this wedge can do is just silly.

58w md3. if you go pm, you'll have a set aw, md3 sw and pm lw. 3 different heads that will presumably have different balance and weighting and all look different behind the ball. when it counts and you have to pull off a difficult shot, i would think you would want to look down and see consistency. the 4* gapping between the 58 and 60 will be good.

but what i might be a little more concerned about - and time will tell - is the gap between the aw and 54. i think you'll find the aw to be pretty long, so you'll need to figure out how to feather it in that gap since i know you don't like to hit full wedges anyway. i might consider dropping the 3w and 2h and adding a 4w instead, and adding a 50 or 52 md3 maybe in s grind. that would give you an easier gapping at the bottom end, and with your length and the typical distance we see in par 4s around here, i think you'll find yourself in the 120-140y range far more often than whatever range you'll need 2h.

Back