Royal Albartross SoHo Storm Golf Shoes

First time on grass with these shoes today
Incredible traction. Amazing shoe. Sole hasn’t really gotten any worse since the first bit of separation

I think I probably need above ankle socks instead of the low cuts I wear if I’m going to walk in these though. I think I may get a bit of rubbing. Not sure. I think @donny475 might have had some experience with that
I haven't experienced any rubbing with mine. Was going to get out this afternoon and walk but something came up so I'll have to wait until Sunday. Kind of amazing how different my feet feel after a round vs any other golf shoe I own. Next level comfort.

Kind of amazing how different my feet feel after a round vs any other golf shoe I own. Next level comfort.
Yea, it’s crazy

First time on grass with these shoes today
Incredible traction. Amazing shoe. Sole hasn’t really gotten any worse since the first bit of separation

I think I probably need above ankle socks instead of the low cuts I wear if I’m going to walk in these though. I think I may get a bit of rubbing. Not sure. I think @donny475 might have had some experience with that

I definitely had that after my first round, and ended up with blisters above both ankles. Every time I've worn them since then I've worn above ankle socks with zero issues.

I wear shoe height socks, not above ankles. Boombas to be clear, and i have not had any rubbing issues and i walk most rounds

7 o'clock teatime, 87° already taking the SoHo shoes out for a walk, 18 holes of itIMG_3390.jpeg

Taking these back out tomorrow (super glue repair job) and there is a chance of storms. Fingers crossed it gets sloppy 😁
Yepper, I have a MGA tourney in the morning at 9, so they are heading to a new course tomorrow

So two more rounds this weekend and i wear only these shoes, such good ground contact and not slipping, no matter what club i am swinging and when i "jump" on a driver, still have not lost footing

So two more rounds this weekend and i wear only these shoes, such good ground contact and not slipping, no matter what club i am swinging and when i "jump" on a driver, still have not lost footing

Agreed here. The traction is excellent. I’m playing again on Tuesday morning and these shall be worn. Love seeing these perform in slick conditions.

Also super impressed with how well they clean up. They look damn near brand new for me still.

I might sneak out for an evening round tomorrow at a course I walk from time to time. Haven’t walked in these yet.

I wasnt able to get out today. Really bummed because it'll probably be the weekend before I can get these back out

Got to test out the shoes in some wet conditions today. They do a very very good job at keeping water out

So walked 9 in these last night. Still SUPER comfortable.

It had been a few weeks since I've been on the golf course so my swing was a little weird and so was my footwork. I had a couple of times where I rolled over the outside of my lead foot pretty aggressively, and I was worried about sole separation, but these held up! No damage.

Stepped in a hidden mud puddle in the rough as well. Nothing got through the shoe and it cleaned up nicely 👍🏻

So walked 9 in these last night. Still SUPER comfortable.

It had been a few weeks since I've been on the golf course so my swing was a little weird and so was my footwork. I had a couple of times where I rolled over the outside of my lead foot pretty aggressively, and I was worried about sole separation, but these held up! No damage.

Stepped in a hidden mud puddle in the rough as well. Nothing got through the shoe and it cleaned up nicely 👍🏻

That is good to hear.

Playing today. ground should be a little soft
Will report back

Played 9 today. Very comfortable. Pleasure to wear them

Played 18 today. Starting to get some separation where the leather meets the sole.

Starting to wonder if the materials used in the shoes is TOO premium for a golf shoe and might be better suited for an everyday shoe

Played 18 today. Starting to get some separation where the leather meets the sole.

Starting to wonder if the materials used in the shoes is TOO premium for a golf shoe and might be better suited for an everyday shoe
Got any pics?

Back