Royal Albartross SoHo Storm Golf Shoes

This thread is one of the more interesting ones that I have read on the forum in quite some time. There is so much positive emotion from those who have the shoes, despite the extremely high failure rate. I suppose the positive vibes speak to potential. I hope that the company can get the quality figured out because it sounds like the utility is off the charts good and the shoes look great.

Last edited:
I’ll be rocking the SoHo today. Playing a round at 4:04. This’ll be roughly my 7th round in them? Looking forward to giving them a go. It’s a dry, very hot day here.

This thread is one of the more interesting ones that I have read on the forum in quite some time. There is so much positive emotion from those who have the shoes, despite the extremely high failure rate. I suppose the positive vibes speak to potential. I hope that the company can get the quality figured out because it’s sounds like the utility is off the charts good and the shoes look great.

The comfort level is way up there. And they provide excellent traction for a spikeless shoe. I guess that’s why they’re getting tested, right? Obviously at this price point we shouldn’t be seeing construction issues. I appreciate a company that can say hey..this isn’t right. Let’s fix it.

This thread is one of the more interesting ones that I have read on the forum in quite some time. There is so much positive emotion from those who have the shoes, despite the extremely high failure rate. I suppose the positive vibes speak to potential. I hope that the company can get the quality figured out because it’s sounds like the utility is off the charts good and the shoes look great.
Yeah, they are amazing in the comfort and function department. I love them so much that I actually put super glue on mine. I haven't been able to play golf lately so not sure how well it'll hold but it appears to have worked.

Obviously not ideal, but I want to get back too wearing them.
Very cool of Ross to offer to rplace them (I declined a replacement pair as I didn't pay for these and I'd feel funny about it) it says a lot about the company. Unfortunately I never got to test the weather resistance.

This thread is one of the more interesting ones that I have read on the forum in quite some time. There is so much positive emotion from those who have the shoes, despite the extremely high failure rate. I suppose the positive vibes speak to potential. I hope that the company can get the quality figured out because it sounds like the utility is off the charts good and the shoes look great.
I should say too, the comfort is off the charts which says so much of the quality of materials they use as far as i'm concerned. i am going to Goo Glue the backs of mine and wear them. Really have been thinking of getting pair of the one of the other existing lines i like them so much

Yeah, they are amazing in the comfort and function department. I love them so much that I actually put super glue on mine. I haven't been able to play golf lately so not sure how well it'll hold but it appears to have worked.

Obviously not ideal, but I want to get back too wearing them.
Very cool of Ross to offer to rplace them (I declined a replacement pair as I didn't pay for these and I'd feel funny about it) it says a lot about the company. Unfortunately I never got to test the weather resistance.
I actually think that you should accept the replacement pair. The entire point of the shoes was to provide a complete review. I think that receiving a new, non-defective pair that you could wear for the long term would complete the story arc and allow you to give a complete review. That type of information is worth its weight in gold to a retailer.

I actually think that you should accept the replacement pair. The entire point of the shoes was to provide a complete review. I think that receiving a new, non-defective pair that you could wear for the long term would complete the story arc and allow you to give a complete review. That type of information is worth its weight in gold to a retailer.
Maybe you're right. Hadn't thought about that.

Agree with this totally. I think it’d be a great comparison to see if the replacement pair holds up.

Dead on.

Well, it's been like 3 weeks. Sorry guys. I ****** up.
I am sure that the company is following the thread. You may get a second opportunity. 😁

Haha no worries man! I get your POV also - you already got something at no cost to you. Totally understandable. From the Albartross side, I can see why they would want to make things right, review opportunity or not. Their product didn't meet expectations within a very short window. Any company worth their salt would want to make sure they stepped up.

I don’t think so…They reached out and offered a replacement pair. I accepted the offer but haven’t gotten them yet, so reach out!

Played 18 in the SoHo’s today. Really warm, dry day. They were very comfortable, per usual. I feel stable, definitely trust the traction. I know I can go after a shot with these, zero issue there at all. I’ve mentioned it before but they really get the tread pattern right.

I’ve yet to have any issues with the actual construct of the shoe. And they clean up really well. Hoping it continues in that direction.

So, I just played a third straight round in the Royal Albartross kicks today. We tee’d off at 8 AM - definitely a dew covered morning! It was nice to test these out on a not-so-dry surface. No issues with traction at all. Certainly kept me dry. I’d say this is approaching the tenth round wearing these. Here’s a little condition update:

IMG_0688.jpeg

I keep my shoes clean in general. These certainly are no exception and - as you can see - they still look really damn good.

IMG_0689.jpeg

Tread certainly holding strong. Zero issues here.

IMG_0690.jpeg

I always like to see how shoes hold up on the outside of the left shoe. The weight transfer tends to create a little more wear-and-tear in this area. Again, zero issues here.

I - knock on wood - am not having the construction issues that others have seen. I just prodded around to see if anything appears to be degrading and it sure doesn’t seem like it.

So, I just played a third straight round in the Royal Albartross kicks today. We tee’d off at 8 AM - definitely a dew covered morning! It was nice to test these out on a not-so-dry surface. No issues with traction at all. Certainly kept me dry. I’d say this is approaching the tenth round wearing these. Here’s a little condition update:

View attachment 9200440

I keep my shoes clean in general. These certainly are no exception and - as you can see - they still look really damn good.

View attachment 9200441

View attachment 9200442

I always like to see how shoes hold up on the outside of the left shoe. The weight transfer tends to create a little more wear-and-tear in this area. Again, zero issues here.

I - knock on wood - am not having the construction issues that others have seen. I just prodded around to see if anything appears to be degrading and it sure doesn’t seem like it.
Great to see

View attachment 9200440

View attachment 9200441

View attachment 9200442

I havent had any issues either and absolutely love them.

I havent had any issues either and absolutely love them.

I just pulled the trigger on the Richmond Mocha’s. Totally unnecessary purchase but I just don’t have anything remotely close to that colorway. They’ve been taunting me for too long. And I had 10% off.

Do you envision them putting out a spiked shoe at some point?

I just pulled the trigger on the Richmond Mocha’s. Totally unnecessary purchase but I just don’t have anything remotely close to that colorway. They’ve been taunting me for too long. And I had 10% off.

Do you envision them putting out a spiked shoe at some point?

View attachment 9200440

View attachment 9200441

View attachment 9200442

I don't leave for the course without mine these days. The comfort and traction are awesome. I have two rounds coming this weekend, one for fun and one tournament round. Last Stroke play event in the schedule this year.

Hmmm. Interesting! They weren’t even listed when I selected all.

Hmmm. Interesting! They weren’t even listed when I selected all.
I think they are an older model.
I found them under Outlet section I believe

Practiced in these shoes again today. Comfortable, stylish, incredible traction. Still haven’t been able to test out the waterproof features but will report back when that occurs

First time on grass with these shoes today
Incredible traction. Amazing shoe. Sole hasn’t really gotten any worse since the first bit of separation

I think I probably need above ankle socks instead of the low cuts I wear if I’m going to walk in these though. I think I may get a bit of rubbing. Not sure. I think @donny475 might have had some experience with that

Back