Royal Albartross SoHo Storm Golf Shoes

the fact that these have proper water proofing is awesome (y)(y)

I can honestly say that i may have found a new favorite brand of shoe.... I thought it would be hard to top my Puma Alpha cats, but i love these shoes. Not only comfortable, but they are not letting the water seep in. Twice in the last couple of rounds i have had to go into a wet area to retrieve a ball for "more than" casiual water and my feet stayed perfectly dry.....Great wearing and the nubbies are not wearing at all in this Texas heat

If you had to dive into another pair of Royal Albartross shoes, what would you think? I’ve pondered some others for sure.

If you had to dive into another pair of Royal Albartross shoes, what would you think? I’ve pondered some others for sure.
I want to try the Pontiac or Connaught for my next pair. Love the look of the Pontiac Blue or Slate

Oh i have been talking them up to the bestest half already....I like the strider lite in either the White/Navy or even the Jet black

View attachment 9198844

I’m a huge fan of these Richmond Mocha’s. I don’t have anything quite like this in my repertoire.

I hear you, these are sweet and they look great. I think if i had a brown pair and a black pair, i would give all my others away that are on the shelf in the garage.

Love these and took pics before to show wear on soles, the on second I notice the stitching IMG_3366.jpegIMG_3365.jpegIMG_3367.jpeg

yes, These are so comfortable and i R E A L L Y like them. The separation on the stitching got a little bigger by the end of the round and I probably walked half of it, it was so nice out this afternoon. Supposed to be way up in the hundreds the rest of the week again. As i was pulling the off after the round i se that the glue is separating at the heel. nothing a little shoe goo will fix, but still.....IMG_3370.jpegIMG_3371.jpegIMG_3372.jpeg

yes, These are so comfortable and i R E A L L Y like them. The separation on the stitching got a little bigger by the end of the round and I probably walked half of it, it was so nice out this afternoon. Supposed to be way up in the hundreds the rest of the week again. As i was pulling the off after the round i se that the glue is separating at the heel. nothing a little shoe goo will fix, but still.....View attachment 9199291View attachment 9199292View attachment 9199293
Dang.
Pretty disappointing. But that what these tests are for, right?

Like you said, super comfortable. Probably the most comfortable shoes ever. But there seem to be some quality issues.

Unfortunate.

Love these and took pics before to show wear on soles, the on second I notice the stitching View attachment 9199266View attachment 9199267View attachment 9199268
yes, These are so comfortable and i R E A L L Y like them. The separation on the stitching got a little bigger by the end of the round and I probably walked half of it, it was so nice out this afternoon. Supposed to be way up in the hundreds the rest of the week again. As i was pulling the off after the round i se that the glue is separating at the heel. nothing a little shoe goo will fix, but still.....View attachment 9199291View attachment 9199292View attachment 9199293

Man, it's hard to see so many issues. Stitching and sole problems is something I don't remember seeing on any of my golf shoes in the past 10 years or so.

Was really thinking of trying these as they sound so comfortable but will have to wait a bit...dang

Dang.
Pretty disappointing. But that what these tests are for, right?

Like you said, super comfortable. Probably the most comfortable shoes ever. But there seem to be some quality issues.

Unfortunate.
they truly are, I have walked more rounds than riding and these were like old friends right off the shelf. This is a new line for them and I do not leave them in the truck, these come in after each round just like my clubs. Way to hot this year to be leaving the stuff in the heat.

I keep going back and looking at the line up on line and I really have a serious want on the Blue Soho Storms

I keep going back and looking at the line up on line and I really have a serious want on the Blue Soho Storms
Blue look sweet

Wore the SoHo today while practicing for a bit. No additional separation in the sole occurred. Very, very comfortable shoe. And it looks amazing.
Taking it to the cobbler tomorrow to fix it up so I can put it through some additional testing

Wore the SoHo today while practicing for a bit. No additional separation in the sole occurred. Very, very comfortable shoe. And it looks amazing.
Taking it to the cobbler tomorrow to fix it up so I can put it through some additional testing
I actually put some glue on mine this afternoon. Really want to get these back on the course for a walking round.

I actually put some glue on mine this afternoon. Really want to get these back on the course for a walking round.
yes, they will surprise you with comfort. I am walking 18 tomorrow with a 0700 tee time

yes, they will surprise you with comfort. I am walking 18 tomorrow with a 0700 tee time
Just got in and they were well walked today, nothing got worse from what i could tell but they sure are a great help with traction during the swing. Tee boxes today were a mix of sanded, to dry grass that has not been slit and sanded yet. No slips and it was a good day all around, best putting day for sure

So I took the shoes to a cobbler yesterday and he told me some stuff I found interesting but not sure if it’s correct, so if anyone knows, please correct me if I’m wrong

From what I’m looking at from the product descriptions, he seemed to be in the right ball park

he told me the sole that is delaminating is vulcanized (high pressure to create adhesion) rather than a glue or cement to create the bond

and since the sole is more plastic than rubber (TPR rubber flexible outsole with a compression moulded EVA midsole), he didn’t think a strong bond could be created with a cement or glue

he told me that he sees this issue a lot when the shoe uses this process

Happy to report my shoes are still looking and feeling great. I walk 9 holes 1-2x per week and yesterday I rode 18 on a soggy course. No issues at all so far with dryness or with grip. I just wiped them down with a wet towel and they still look practically new.
IMG_9393.jpegIMG_9394.jpegIMG_9395.jpeg

Back