Sarzar's Driver Fitting

I was going to comment and say “sorry I missed this today” but I am just now to the meat of the thread!

Onto the third club: TSi1 10* Aldila Ascent 50R

After the stealth failed to show improvement, we moved onto the TSi1 10* head with the Adila Ascent 50R shaft.

Play video with sound:
View attachment YouCut_20220428_003507445.mp4

This was a much better set up but I was struggling to line this one up. I was hitting everything towards the right with this one.

The shaft was much better (if you didn't notice from my earlier post, we stuck with this shaft throughout the rest of the setups).
Snapchat-1848071113.jpg

The carry average on this one was more similar to my gamer but kept going right.
The spin rate was better than with the stealth head but not as low as we want it.
The smash factor average getting closer to what we want but not quite there yet.
This was the most comfortable so far besides struggling to line it up, but still looking to improve some numbers.

Here is the dispersion of the first 3 clubs against my gamer:
PXL_20220427_193316096.jpg

Fourth attempt to find a new driver: TSi2 11* Aldila Ascent 50R

Same shaft, upgraded head.
View attachment YouCut_20220428_005928271.mp4

This head felt better than the TSi1 so I'd like to think we're moving in the right direction to find the best fit for me...

IMG_20220428_010255.jpg
There was definitely an improvement on spin rate and & smash factor compared to previous pairings, however the carry distance just isn't really moving. This carry distance was still lower than we'd like but I was also not getting the ball height to help with that.

Since I was hitting this low but with a better ball speed & smash factor, on the next one we kept the same head and increased the loft one notch higher to 11.75* to see if that would help with distance.

Here is another dispersion with this club included:
PXL_20220427_194157077.MP.jpg

Attempt five: TSi2 11.75* Aldila Ascent 50R

As mentioned above, same shaft & same head. Only difference is adjusting the loft up ones notch to 11.75*
View attachment YouCut_20220428_011620416.mp4

Unfortunately was still hitting this too low.

Snapchat-696528155.jpg
Idk what happened with the other data points here... But since we still weren't getting the height to increase distance we tried out one more club head.

Updated dispersion:
PXL_20220427_194641274.jpg

Honestly, at this point I was starting to feel a little discouraged (bummed) about not seeing any improvements with the different equipment options, but I also spent enough time in a variety of sports at all different levels to understand that having the newest or most expensive equipment doesn't guarantee your going to perform better.

Last attempt at a new head: Rogue ST Max (men's) 12* Aldila Ascent 50R

So after the previous options we tried, he basically said that he didn't think I was going to find something right now that is going to out perform my current gamer.

We made the decision to try the Rogue ST Max however they didn't have any "ladies" heads so he used the men's head. Obviously this is going to effect the weight slightly.
View attachment YouCut_20220428_014209568.mp4

If you listen with sound, my fitter mentions something isn't working here, it could be the head weight but the head weight isn't effecting the speed of the swing.

Screenshot_20220428-014451.png
Screenshot_20220428-014528.png
I smashed the first two, but for averages were looking at lines 3, 4, and 6.
My swing stayed pretty consistent throughout each set up. The high ball spin is killing my distance.

I am definitely interested in trying the ladies rogue head to see if the slight weight difference makes any kind of difference with my numbers. He said that I may be able to find one to try at Golf Galaxy if I really wanted to go that route.

I do have to say the ball did feel good coming off this head. The sound of Callaway's is so pure.

Final results: No new driver for me.

Looking at this dispersion chart, my current gamer is best suited for my swing currently.
Screenshot_20220428-020301.png
If I do end up changing my driver in the future, right now it would be between the Rogue ST Max & the TSi2. These two clubs felt and sounded the best out of everything I tried. I prefer the look of the rogue over the look of the Titleist.

I do like the way my current driver feels, sounds, and looks, but I also haven't used any other driver so I have adapted to this one and it treats me well for the most part.
Maybe one day I'll find something that is better, but until then, I'll be on the hunt for a back up just in case.

We ran through all those clubs options in about an hour so I had about 30 minutes or so to go through my bag and just see what my woods and irons are doing since I never got official numbers on them before.

3W & 5W - I typically pull out my 3W for long holes and have been using it more frequently recently. I never pull the 5W. To my surprise, I actually hit my 5W longer than my 3W.
For fun I hit my gamer 3W vs an epic max star 3W:
PXL_20220427_201109530.MP.jpg PXL_20220427_201125257.jpg
The average carry distance was similar but the total distance from my gamer had a better dispersion.

Irons - I went through all the even numbers in my bag just to get an idea on distances and gapping. This chart just shows average carry distance.
Screenshot_20220428-022349.png
This was interesting to see. I could literally play golf with half a bag of clubs.

Overall, the fitting was a very good experience. Bummed that I couldn't get more distance, but hey, I play the forward tees and will take every little bit of advantage I can get. Now knowing my true gapping between clubs, this will allow me to pick a more accurate club when playing verse what I've been going off of. I'm hoping I can take a few strokes off my game with this new knowledge.

I would not be bummed. I'd think of it as an opportunity to work on your swing (more complete backswing for more speed?) so when you are fitted again you are more consistent with contact to lower spin and pick up more speed. Congrats. And I am always working on the swing for more speed and consistency - it's a thing.

What a fantastic thread and rundown. I woke up to tons of catchup and this was a great way to kick off the day.

@Sarzar This was an incredible read. While it stinks you couldn't find a better combination, it is a good feeling to know you are currently in a setup that is the best fit for you!

Great thread @Sarzar! Awesome stuff!!!

Great share thanks. I have had multiple fits where I couldn’t beat my gamer either. It always does bum me out a bit because I like new shiny clubs.

I agree the smash factor is a bit low but I wouldn’t be too discouraged about the spin. At your clubhead and ball speeds some spin is needed to keep the ball in the air.

Well done!

Keep up the hard work, and keep having fun on the golf course!

It might be a bummer to not walk away with a new driver, but just think of all the money you saved and can put towards golf! You'll find something eventually to upgrade to that really works for you!

I'm sorry you didn't find a new driver. I mean, who doesn't like new clubs right? And wow! You need some serious loft on your clubs to get the ball airborne. I never would have thought that... I wonder if there's a driver that can be adjusted to something like 15* or so and if that would help give you ore height and distance?:unsure:

And, those 2 drives you crushed at 200+ yards? Yeah, that's further than I normally hit the ball.:D

Great breakdown and talking us through. Sorry you couldn't find a gamer upgrade, but at least you know that you're playing a club that suits you well - that also has to be a good thing. Confidence in what you're currently using is great and it really does perform well for you.

I’m sorry you didn’t find a new driver but I’m really digging your breakdown of the combo to combo steps. Thanks, this has been very enlightening.

@Sarzar great writeup! I enjoyed reading through this first time this morning. I documented my CC fitting attempt to move into graphite in my irons a couple years ago and nothing came close to the numbers that my gamer shaft (steel) did. I'm interested to see if the ladies Rogue Max driver does any better for you!

Great rundown!

Sucks nothing new was better, but now you know what you have is the best for you, and you won't have any doubts while out on the course.

Just a great thread, thanks for taking the time to post all that data!

What a great and detailed write up @Sarzar ! I mean, Really Well Done!!!
Always stinks that you get geared up to go to a Driver fitting with the hope of finding more and there's no Gold at the end of the Rainbow.

Since you are becoming a Club Junkie, I predict that you'll go to a Callaway Fitting Day soon and hit the Ladies version of the Rogue and find some extra distance.

I'd like to take a quick poll while I break down the fitting & edit the videos Dennis took.

My current gamer is an Adams A3OS Idea with Aldila Lightweight 50g shaft. I found out my average swing speed is about 75.

Do you think I upgraded or kept the same club/shaft?
You went full Monty and upgraded to a Callaway head and ProjectX shaft of some form.

Edit: LOL. Well, I obviously posted this before reading the thread.

Anywhoo, this was premium content. It was enlightening to watch someone near my level doing a fitting, and to see the results. Most of the time you see a fitting it's "Well your clubhead speed dipped to 168.9, so we may want to try a different shaft." I'm a shrimpy dude with a swing speed about the same as you (from the one time it got recorded.), with similar carry and total distances. And a similar swing, come to think of it.

If I ever do a fitting, I'll hope to match this content.

Last edited:
Good write up and review of what you swung. That is a lot of swings, but good info. Even though no new driver, that means you can work with the current one and see if it can be tweaked to get some more out of it. Did you try any different shafts in your current driver to see if it would make a difference?

Good write up and review of what you swung. That is a lot of swings, but good info. Even though no new driver, that means you can work with the current one and see if it can be tweaked to get some more out of it. Did you try any different shafts in your current driver to see if it would make a difference?
So because of the age of my driver and the combo of shaft and head, it didn't make sense to change anything about it.

what was so different about those first 2 swings with the Rogue? Those were huge!

I do want to say THANK YOU to everyone who followed along!
I can't express how much I appreciate the support from everyone in this community.

I wanted to add in that I do love my driver. I've been hitting it solid so far this season.
The only thing I was bummed about was not being able to find more distance. The fitter said my swing is faster than the average female swing (the average Joe female player, not tour players obviously 😆) so I was hoping with the right set up I'd be able to get that distance.

All in all I did really enjoy seeing my true numbers and learning more about the clubs I've been using and how they perform.

If anyone has more questions please keep them coming, I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability.

Back