Scotty Cameron putters

Do you know when someone says "I love ...., but"?

This is the "but" for Scotty for me 😄

View attachment 9159098

What the horror show hell is that?
I mentioned this to a friend earlier: I think this is great for the fraction of a percent of people who live in NO, like Mardi Gras, like golf, AND like Scotty Cameron. For the other 7.8888 billion people in the world, this is a hard F*ck no!

I mentioned this to a friend earlier: I think this is great for the fraction of a percent of people who live in NO, like Mardi Gras, like golf, AND like Scotty Cameron. For the other 7.8888 billion people in the world, this is a hard F*ck no!
It's so awful.

It apparently has a rattle built into it? Like honestly... what?!

I mean, it’s seriously scary lol that’s awful

I was looking at the coming plus models. I wish there was a newport plus .5 model. I like the more rounded shape of the Newport over the Newport 2. But the Newport 2.5 plus is cool. I just want the slant in the Newport head.. Is that asking too much? :LOL:

I was looking at the coming plus models. I wish there was a newport plus .5 model. I like the more rounded shape of the Newport over the Newport 2. But the Newport 2.5 plus is cool. I just want the slant in the Newport head.. Is that asking too much? :LOL:
You’ll be stuck paying like double the price in the secondary market but the last limited release was a Newport Plus 1.5.

You’ll be stuck paying like double the price in the secondary market but the last limited release was a Newport Plus 1.5.

I know. I thought it was awesome but I dont want to pay that for one.

For giggles. I am kinda thinking about getting one of these and then hand torching it..

I like DK's new putters. Not a mallet fan, but I love the tapering thin mallet part, the Tiffany blue, and the bottom finish.

Screenshot_20230311_074840_Chrome.jpg
1678539392029.png

I like DK's new putters. Not a mallet fan, but I love the tapering thin mallet part, the Tiffany blue, and the bottom finish.

View attachment 9163145
View attachment 9163146
I'm still confused by what makes these unique. Scotty has been making the GSS M3 since 2014, and for a long time used one as his personal stick.

Looks exactly the same down to the screw placement and engine turning on the sole

Caved in a few weeks ago to my FOMO and picked up a Phantom X 5.5 and got to test it out on the course today…and it was absolutely fantastic. Set a personal record for putts in a round (27), no three putts, and even drained a 30 footer. The ball comes off the face a little fast so I need to really pay attention to my tempo, but putting with this was an absolute delight.

For the more knowledgeable Scotty guys; how/where does the Studio Design model fall in the Cameron lineup?
I might have the opportunity to pick one up for a decent price but I’m pretty unfamiliar with the lineup and model overall so was wondering if someone could shed some light
1AC7270C-1971-4737-8C7F-3F5AA230FC93.jpeg

For the more knowledgeable Scotty guys; how/where does the Studio Design model fall in the Cameron lineup?
I might have the opportunity to pick one up for a decent price but I’m pretty unfamiliar with the lineup and model overall so was wondering if someone could shed some light
View attachment 9167448
There were, I believe 3 SD models. This one, as you can see, is a #3. With the slimmest profile of the models, it is very similar in shape and size to the old Mizuno putters Scotty Cameron made, as well as his early hand mades.

I think general consensus of the SD line was that if you found one that fit you, you stuck with it a long time. I think @AnthonyC can attest to that. They definitely weren't as desirable as the Anser shapes, but cool sticks nonetheless.

Another day, another great round with the Phantom X 5.5. Two rounds in a row now where I’m consistently making 10 - 15 ft. putts or burning the edges. I can’t really explain why it’s working better then other putters with more technology in them, but the results are hard to ignore!

My local pro let me had a look at the upcoming Golos (out on May 19th) and the Golo 6.5 looks really good imo. More toe hang than I expected.

My Super Select Squareback 2 has been excellent for me. The transition from DB mallet back to plumbers neck has been seamless. I dare say I missed the look at address.

I'm having a weird inclination to get a Scotty cover back in play for a bit. I've got some cool ones kicking around.

Thought about this one too.

View attachment 9178400
That's not the worst one I've seen.

I can't bring myself to game my new one when I look at my current faded and pulled thread gamer.

Because it's like I'm looking into the future when I look at the current one. It's the same cover, so it's like I'm foretelling it's demise.

Back