SeeMore Putters Thread

Just picked up an m5x for 75 bucks :). HHJJ 3rd seemore in the barn :)

So sox and I talked aboit this the otherday and I wanted to ask some others.
The rst to me is just pure and simple. Its very affective and gives a solid alignment everytime. However, the rst 2 seems to be soo much forgiving in terms of hiding the dot. Your hands dont have to be near the same location and honestly the shaft cant be leaned toward either direction a fair amount before the red dot appears.
Has anyone else using the rst notice this? Have the one who have tried both find one easier or more consistant?

Yeah I kinda feel the same way after trying both. To me, you have to be a lot more exact with RST than you do with RST2. I haven't tried a heel shafted putter with RST. I don't know if shaft position plays a role or not.

So a testimonial to SeeMore I need to share. This last November I purchased my z3c. After getting it I realized one of the weights in the bottom wasn't snug and constantly rattled. So I contacted The Roc about it but he was out of town for the week so when he got back in he'd send me some weights. It was winter here already so I was done with rounds for the time being so wasn't in any rush and between myself and him being busy we both forgot. Flash forward to last week, I was checking out my clubs and picking up the putter reminded me about the weight. So I shoot Alex an email saying hey I forgot all about this and I also was going to inquire about the white four leaf Clover and white groovy cover and I get a response from Alex saying he's taking care of it! Got this in the mail today..
e6ede3yj.jpg

I can't explain how much this company cares about the people who care about their products. I was speechless when I read that response from him. I'm a customer for life.

Yup! Why would you ever go anywhere else? They just get it! Best. Company. Ever!

The rst to me is just pure and simple. Its very affective and gives a solid alignment everytime. However, the rst 2 seems to be soo much forgiving in terms of hiding the dot. Your hands dont have to be near the same location and honestly the shaft cant be leaned toward either direction a fair amount before the red dot appears.
Has anyone else using the rst notice this? Have the one who have tried both find one easier or more consistant?

Funny you should metion that - I was about to post the same thing! Using this DB-4x, I noticed there is a lot more "play" in how much I can position my hands/club & still have that dot hid. I was initially thinking I was doing something wrong! I was also a little unsure of where to put the ball (since this was my first plumbers neck from any company).

I think I prefer the RST, but everything else about this DB-4x is awesome!

First round with the m2w today. 31 putts, two 3-putts early that were not "bad" - one I just hit my second through the break, the other was from being short on a first putt from 40 feet up and over a ridge on a tricky green. That was the 2nd and 3rd hole. From there it was money. Even with the two three jacks I only had 15 putts on the front.

I just feel more comfortable back at a 35 in putter and the midsize Winn. The belly grip on the counterbalanced 38" was a little big for me and I couldn't get used to the extra shaft sticking out. Great for short putts, bad for long putts for me. The 35" gave me more freedom on lag putts.

Left a few short that were tracking right on line. Felt like a sub-30 putt round. Hope it holds up for Hilton Head.

ok so I posted earlier that I picked up a Si1. Well, this piece of art work is amazing! I like the feel of it, the look of it, and the overall performance of it. Although I only played one round with it so far, I noticed the difference compared to my last putter.

My question to you all, is there a serial number associated with the Putter that I could register with SeeMore? I'm sure that this Putter will stick with me for a long long time. Thanks!

Funny you should metion that - I was about to post the same thing! Using this DB-4x, I noticed there is a lot more "play" in how much I can position my hands/club & still have that dot hid. I was initially thinking I was doing something wrong! I was also a little unsure of where to put the ball (since this was my first plumbers neck from any company).

I think I prefer the RST, but everything else about this DB-4x is awesome!

I see this a lot less when I try and align the outer lines rather than just focusing on RST. If you line them up perfectly with the shaft, you'll find there's little confusion whether you're perfectly set up on address.

I see this a lot less when I try and align the outer lines rather than just focusing on RST. If you line them up perfectly with the shaft, you'll find there's little confusion whether you're perfectly set up on address.

Maybe its an eye dominance for me. Maybe its not focusing on the lines themselves. However when I use my one cs it take a second to ensure the alignment process is correct. With the x4 its far easier to feel im right. Ill try your advise and make sure the outer lines are equal to the shaft with it, just honestly feel the rst on the no plumber necks is consistantly eaasier and more accurate when lining up

Maybe its an eye dominance for me. Maybe its not focusing on the lines themselves. However when I use my one cs it take a second to ensure the alignment process is correct. With the x4 its far easier to feel im right. Ill try your advise and make sure the outer lines are equal to the shaft with it, just honestly feel the rst on the no plumber necks is consistantly eaasier and more accurate when lining up

It can often be different for people. Because I have been using a SeeMore for over a year now, I can honestly say my confidence in my setup rarely has me focusing on whether the RST is perfect, and if/when I do check, it's right on line with my expectations.

I'll also be the first to say that I find it easier to roll the straight shaft putters rather than the plumbers neck putters in SeeMore, but against it's purely personal preference.

Let me know how focusing on the outer lines works!

I'm thinking I want to put a counterbalanced Seemore back in the bag.

Hmmm....
You planning on counterbalancing the Tri-Sole Jman left laying around? :act-up:

Seriously, which model are you considering this time?

You planning on counterbalancing the Tri-Sole Jman left laying around? :act-up:

Seriously, which model are you considering this time?

Haha, he knows better than to leave that lying around. :)

No idea man....may just take the PCB, m5x, or Z3C out. Or stick with the X2. I need a fitting to tell me what should work best for me and then try to stick with that.

Thanks Dan, I'll pay more attention to the lines & see how that works. Again, I think it may be more a case of getting used to the plumbers neck, but it can't hurt to focus a little more until my cmfort level is up there wih the straight shaft models!

So I went with an original plan I was having. And for the price I couldnt pass it up.
Yesterday I purchased an m5x belly putter. Made the guy a rediculous offer and he excepted. Look foward to getting it in and giving it a whirl. I have a question though he said its a private reserve yet im not sure what face the private reserve has on it. This one is black with milled horizontal lines. For the price I really didnt care.
I was a belly putter for many years and kinda miss it. Then when I habe to change a little cut down and counterbalance. .

Canadan, thanks for the advice. It could be the short time with the rst in general that has me over analyzing the lines and dots, but im seemore 4 ever aand will get use to it. Will keep you update on pro progress

i agree whole heartedly... before RST i would leave some misses and be confused. Did i line up wrong? Was it a pull?

I feel since i purchased the m6 i have become better at lining up putts AND better at feeling where my misses were... win/win

Rolled a few indoors today - I realized that I am already focusing on the two white lines of the RST2 on the DB-4x. Then I took some practice swings where I was watching the RST2 while swinging. Lines framed the shaft perfectly, so it looks good to me. No back to practicing for feel & distance control.

Five in a row from 16 feet! Very consistent. Man! I wish the eather would get nice enough to go outside & hit the course now!

I should +1 Seemore by the of the week

#trisole

Yellow patent headcover off eBay FTW! It's so pretty.

I was eying that thing up soo long last night

Just now caught it. There wasn't any way I wasn't grabbing that one. It's not the purple one or a blue groovy, but a sweet addition to the collection, nonetheless.

Just now caught it. There wasn't any way I wasn't grabbing that one. It's not the purple one or a blue groovy, but a sweet addition to the collection, nonetheless.

Well then I feel good about you getting it since I can enjoy my blue groovy :)
Purple patent?

Well then I feel good about you getting it since I can enjoy my blue groovy :)
Purple patent?

It was one that I'm pretty sure they did just as a sample, like the lime one Jman has.

Back