SeeMore Putters Thread

If you are anywhere Nashville a visit to SeeMore HQ is a must. It changed my confidence on the greens and has made putting the favorite part of my game. My first visit was about five years ago and it keeps paying dividends everytime I grab my putter during a round. I am open to changing any part of my golf but wont change from SeeMore.

First time poster... just joined this site today, mainly because of all the info about Seemore's on here. I've currently got 2 in my rotation, a FGP stealth and a mfgp Carbon, and placed an order with Cody yesterday for a mfgp Deep Flange.

First time poster... just joined this site today, mainly because of all the info about Seemore's on here. I've currently got 2 in my rotation, a FGP stealth and a mfgp Carbon, and placed an order with Cody yesterday for a mfgp Deep Flange.

Welcome to THP! Head over to the check-in thread to get a proper welcome from the forum. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-Check-In-Desk

The same love of SeeMore that brought you here did so for me also. The deep flange is awesome. You are going to love it!

Wow, this thread has some staying power! Ok, I've taken the first steps toward considering a See More putter: I went to their website to see how the RST works, and I've been to eBay to see what is offered and to get an idea of pricing. I did try the original FGP putter after Payne Stewart won the '99 open; but I did not like the position of the shaft relative to the club face. I thought the red dot was kind of a waste as my natural stroke kept it hidden throughout - I felt like I really had to manipulate the club to see the red dot.

Anyway, after 38 years of being a very good putter, I have really been struggling this past year. I'm kind of in desperation mode right now (I even bought a Bullseye Flange recently to try and recapture my glory days as a really good teenage putter; I'd have to say that experiment has failed) and I want to do a little research before I invest in another putter.

I've been working recently on the fundamentals of my setup and stroke, and I feel like I've put in some good work there. As far as putters, I now only have the last 2 from failed experiments (the Bullseye and a TaylorMade Manta I cut down to 31"). So I do need to buy a new putter and I'm intrigued with the idea of investing in a See More - due in no small part to this thread!

I like the look of the RST 2, and they have this one on eBay for $99: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEEMORE-RST...81058724516?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item58b8deb2a4

If I can find it cheaper, all the better. I guess what I really would like is to practice with it before I buy it; but I don't even think GolfSmith has any. Short of that, I'd appreciate some feedback on whether I should pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance to any that respond. Maybe I'll be an enthusiastic participant in this thread soon!

Wow, this thread has some staying power! Ok, I've taken the first steps toward considering a See More putter: I went to their website to see how the RST works, and I've been to eBay to see what is offered and to get an idea of pricing. I did try the original FGP putter after Payne Stewart won the '99 open; but I did not like the position of the shaft relative to the club face. I thought the red dot was kind of a waste as my natural stroke kept it hidden throughout - I felt like I really had to manipulate the club to see the red dot.

Anyway, after 38 years of being a very good putter, I have really been struggling this past year. I'm kind of in desperation mode right now (I even bought a Bullseye Flange recently to try and recapture my glory days as a really good teenage putter; I'd have to say that experiment has failed) and I want to do a little research before I invest in another putter.

I've been working recently on the fundamentals of my setup and stroke, and I feel like I've put in some good work there. As far as putters, I now only have the last 2 from failed experiments (the Bullseye and a TaylorMade Manta I cut down to 31"). So I do need to buy a new putter and I'm intrigued with the idea of investing in a See More - due in no small part to this thread!

I like the look of the RST 2, and they have this one on eBay for $99: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEEMORE-RST...81058724516?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item58b8deb2a4

If I can find it cheaper, all the better. I guess what I really would like is to practice with it before I buy it; but I don't even think GolfSmith has any. Short of that, I'd appreciate some feedback on whether I should pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance to any that respond. Maybe I'll be an enthusiastic participant in this thread soon!

I think the point is to hide the red dot. If you couldn't see the red you were doing a good job...

Pattyboy21 - you have a huge support system behind you when you use your SeeMore putter. There are many SPi instructors and fitters that are very happy to help answer any questions that you might have. This thread is a fantastic way to learn more about SeeMore. Feel free to ask any question that you might have. We WANT to help. Lastly, you are more than welcome to contact us anytime - 24/7 - #allstate - you are in great hands with all of us - info@seemore.com or call 615-435-8015.

Welcome to THP raffy!!

Continuing my SeeMore journey, picked up a Z3 from another THP'er, arrived last night - I put a heavier weight in the heel, lighter weight in the toe, and I was rolling some practice putts after dinner - really like the feel and the roll!
I may send the putter to SeeMore to get spec'd out, based on my recent putter fitting (Ping, they are local and free).

Thanks for being a SeeMroean! Happy to help anytime! 24/7 #allstate

Thanks for being a SeeMroean! Happy to help anytime! 24/7 #allstate

Better than #allstate. A SeeMore putter is there always, not just when times are tough!

Pattyboy21 - you have a huge support system behind you when you use your SeeMore putter. There are many SPi instructors and fitters that are very happy to help answer any questions that you might have. This thread is a fantastic way to learn more about SeeMore. Feel free to ask any question that you might have. We WANT to help. Lastly, you are more than welcome to contact us anytime - 24/7 - #allstate - you are in great hands with all of us - info@seemore.com or call 615-435-8015.

Awesome, I appreciate that! I've never been properly fitted for a putter. I don't know why; I made sure to do it with the other 13 clubs!

Can my local golf shop fit me, and make adjustments with length, loft or lie as needed with a RST 2? Or is there anything inherent in the SPi design(s) that make it necessary to be fitted by a SPi professional only?

Awesome, I appreciate that! I've never been properly fitted for a putter. I don't know why; I made sure to do it with the other 13 clubs!

Can my local golf shop fit me, and make adjustments with length, loft or lie as needed with a RST 2? Or is there anything inherent in the SPi design(s) that make it necessary to be fitted by a SPi professional only?

Are you looking for a putter with the RST2, or the FGP2 which is a center shafted mid mallet?

Are you looking for a putter with the RST2, or the FGP2 which is a center shafted mid mallet?

Definitely the RST2. I tried the original FGP (and other center-shafted designs from Odyssey and TaylorMade) and did not like them.

Definitely the RST2. I tried the original FGP (and other center-shafted designs from Odyssey and TaylorMade) and did not like them.
Gotcha. There are some very nice options. The si4 and x4 are pretty nice insert options. If you like plumbers necks, I do, it's a fantastic tool to have.

Oh wow, I just went back to eBay to look at the RST2 again http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEEMORE-RST...81058724516?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item58b8deb2a4

I didn't even realize it was an insert; I thought it was a milled face. I used to have a STX putter with interchangeable inserts. Thanks for the suggestions!
There are milled seemore putters with the rst2. They are a bit more pricey and may not be what you want for an experiment. Just saying. I have one (or two) of each. It's all about sound

Patty, just for perspective, this is my X4 side by side with my DB4s.

Just so you can compare the head sizes.

fa19d641aa85a34a7a6f5936ffccfa88.jpg

Patty, just for perspective, this is my X4 side by side with my DB4s.

Just so you can compare the head sizes.

fa19d641aa85a34a7a6f5936ffccfa88.jpg

All beautiful IMO - Thanks for sharing.

Blu, how do you like the RST2 compared to the regular RST?

I tought that the RST2 on my Si4 was not as helpful to me as the standard RST. Even though I have always used a plumberneck.

All beautiful IMO - Thanks for sharing.
Oh no doubt. They're all beautiful. I just wanted you to have an idea what you're looking at.

Blu, how do you like the RST2 compared to the regular RST?

I tought that the RST2 on my Si4 was not as helpful to me as the standard RST. Even though I have always used a plumberneck.
Honestly, I have no opinion on it. It works. It's smaller, less pronounced. But I know it's there. For me, I don't focus on it. If the red dot is hidden, I don't even give it a second thought

I think the point is to hide the red dot. If you couldn't see the red you were doing a good job...
Exactly. You don't want to see the red dot.

Back