SeeMore SPi Cyber Coach

I find this entire thread fascinating.
Thank you Howzat.

Thank you Howzat.

I thought I knew a little about putting before, but this has really opened my eyes. Having someone with this kind of knowledge show me the right way to go about it from the comfort of my home is really cool. I never thought my game could evolve much past being a 9-10 HC but with this kind of instruction and a whole lot of practice, I really think this could be a game changer for me.

How do feel over the ball right now Erik? Does all the instruction and swing thoughts leave you feeling tense or have you been able to avoid that?

How do feel over the ball right now Erik? Does all the instruction and swing thoughts leave you feeling tense or have you been able to avoid that?

That is a great question Hawk. There are quite a few thoughts flying around in my head and I do feel more tension than I would like standing over the ball. I expect this will go away with more practice but I am not yet able to get myself in the right set-up position everytime without a mental checklist.

I think I'd be in the same boat. I agree that you'll loosen up quite a bit when you get more comfortable. You are definitely making some pretty big changes to your setup and it has to be difficult.

The work I did today with the plane board was very interesting. It helped me feel what the shoulder rock should feel like which I expected. The interesting thing was the grip pressure. Too soft or to hard and club would come away from the board.

The work I did today with the plane board was very interesting. It helped me feel what the shoulder rock should feel like which I expected. The interesting thing was the grip pressure. Too soft or to hard and club would come away from the board.

Howzat - do you mind taking a picture of you practicing on the plane board? Thanks.

Howzat - do you mind taking a picture of you practicing on the plane board? Thanks.

No problem, I will get one up in a few hours when I am back home.

It is harder than I expected to stay connected with the plane board. I can see how this will be a huge help if I can master it.
It feels so weird at first, it was totally outside of where I was normally taking the putter back and through, but once TJ and I talked about it a while, it started to make sense, and felt better too.

Here is a quick little video:

and a picture:

20131021_182453_zps69f1d305.jpg

Now that I am feeling fairly good about my set-up and stroke it is time to work on something a little more advanced. Here is a drill that Zach Johnson has been using for sometime now:

medium_img-1_zps84edb96f.jpg

Jeez, that just seems like it would be hard.

Jeez, that just seems like it would be hard.

I can see it taking me quite a while to finish the drill. Escpecially with a down hill putt.

I'm just now seeing this Eric for some crazy reason! Nice stuff!!! Will be following as well!

THat does look hard, but I like the sound of it.
I might have to try this one.

Now that I am feeling fairly good about my set-up and stroke it is time to work on something a little more advanced. Here is a drill that Zach Johnson has been using for sometime now:

Crazy hard, but oh so cool! It would be so gratifying when you've complete it!!!

Thank you Howzat.

As do I. It's not secret, and I think I even talked to Eric about this when he came down to Dallas this last summer, my interest in doing this right with SeeMore. Now that I've caught up, love the start you have taken on this!

As do I. It's not secret, and I think I even talked to Eric about this when he came down to Dallas this last summer, my interest in doing this right with SeeMore. Now that I've caught up, love the start you have taken on this!

For me the SPi method just makes so much sense. If you told me a couple of years ago that I was going to practice my putting 5-6 hours a week, I would have called you insane. That is was also when my my stance was hunched over and my back could not have taken that much practice. Now my stance is upright and comfortable. These lessons are making my practice time fun and productive. I also get to practice when I want and still get very timely feedback and daily interaction with my Cyber Coach.

This picture right here might have fixed a lot of the putting issues I've had forever. I looked at it and realized I was nowhere near that. I was hunched over because it felt more "natural" or something, and I had a terrible time with pacing my putts and even lining them up. I tried this posture out in my basement on my birdieball green, and I started making a ton more putts and was having much better time with the speed of my putts. I'm really excited to keep working on this over the winter, and only regret that I didn't figure this out sooner. Thanks Howzat and SeeMore, I'm excited to putt again!

This picture right here might have fixed a lot of the putting issues I've had forever. I looked at it and realized I was nowhere near that. I was hunched over because it felt more "natural" or something, and I had a terrible time with pacing my putts and even lining them up. I tried this posture out in my basement on my birdieball green, and I started making a ton more putts and was having much better time with the speed of my putts. I'm really excited to keep working on this over the winter, and only regret that I didn't figure this out sooner. Thanks Howzat and SeeMore, I'm excited to putt again!

That is awesome. Glad this thread was able to help.

Quick Video of Zach Johnson using the plane board:

Today I sent some videos to my cyber coach Ben of me just going through my normal pre-shot routine. Ben wants to see how I line-up the putts and get into my stance. He will also be looking for ways to make a simple routine that will get me into the habit of doing everything the same each time. That way I will be automatic when the pressure is on and nerves start to get the best of me.

I know this drill will be hard for me, but I'm going to start doing this. Most of my 3 putts are coming on downhill putts that either go way past the hole or come up way short. Thanks for sharing!

Erik,

Can you list the training equipment you've ordered and from where you ordered it?

Erik,

Can you list the training equipment you've ordered and from where you ordered it?

So far the only thing I ordered was the Peter Kostis Putting Professor. The same one Zach Johnson uses. I selected this one over a few others because the lie angle is adjustable. I made an offer of $35 which was accepted. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peter-Kosti...062?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d6a47316 Beware the shipping was a bit slow.

It is hard to know what training tools will be most effective for you game until you start the program but with that said I would be farther along in my development if I had the plane board from the start.

Back