Sergio Garcia Signs with Callaway

Podcast was a excellent, just listened to it. He says he likes the new wedges better than what he was playing, can stop the ball on a dime, before had to worry about runout. Also says he thinks the ball is better than what he was playing before.

Love this signing, and I think he'll be a fantastic brand ambassador for Callaway!

And just like that he wins in debut. Not a bad start with his new gear.

5 shot victory, no less. Seems the transition is going very smooth. Congrats to Sergio and the team at Callaway, I know they are going to nail the marketing on this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I love the fact that Sergio is coming into his own no doubt Callaway is part of the reason but I also believe he has found peace and happiness in his personal life which has got to be a big piece of the puzzle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the fact that Sergio is coming into his own no doubt Callaway is part of the reason but I also believe he has found peace and happiness in his personal life which has got to be a big piece of the puzzle

He has 20+ wins between PGA Tour and Euro Tour along with some Asia tour wins and numerous Ryder Cups. He was dating his mow wife for awhile and then got married last year. He has had a different approach to the game since around the time he met his now wife. He's been officially with callaway for a month or so I'm really curious how him beimg with the brand for that short a period of time has him coming into his own and being 38 with a new wife and a long term relations with Adidas and TaylorMade has nothing to do with it.

I’m sure this is a good signing for European golfers but due to the fact that he is a polarizing figure in the U.S., I’m not sure this is much of a win for them here. Most of my golfing buddies have negative attitudes about Sergio. I’d bet Bubba is more popular with your average American golfer than Sergio is.

I’m sure this is a good signing for European golfers but due to the fact that he is a polarizing figure in the U.S., I’m not sure this is much of a win for them here. Most of my golfing buddies have negative attitudes about Sergio. I’d bet Bubba is more popular with your average American golfer than Sergio is.
What makes him polarizing here outside of him and Tiger's past war on words? I know he's a hothead and bit of a complainer, but does that make him polarizing?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

What makes him polarizing here outside of him and Tiger's past war on words? I know he's a hothead and bit of a complainer, but does that make him polarizing?

All of his past antics and poor sportsmanship such as spitting in the cup. His actions for much of his early career were that of a spoiled cry baby. I’m 52 and my friends that are genreallly the same age can’t stand Sergio. Probably for most of us our least favorite European golfer. The only other Euro I have any negativity about is Poulter.

All of his past antics and poor sportsmanship such as spitting in the cup. His actions for much of his early career were that of a spoiled cry baby. I’m 52 and my friends that are genreallly the same age can’t stand Sergio. Probably for most of us our least favorite European golfer. The only other Euro I have any negativity about is Poulter.
Isn't it funny though how poorly Tiger acted too, but for him it seems to be overlooked because of his greatness.

Isn't it funny though how poorly Tiger acted too, but for him it seems to be overlooked because of his greatness.

Sergio accomplishments as a golfer pale comared to Tiger or even Phil. I respect Tiger’s as a golfer because his past accomplishments on the course. He is arguably the GOAT. As a husband, obviously not anyone to look up to. American’s as a rule are a pretty forgiving people and I think Tiger’s past transgressions have been forgiven by most men. My wife is not a fan of any man who cheats like Tiger did, she will always view him as morally bankrupt. Many great athletes and famous people were lousy husband and/or fathers. Some people still idolize and look up to them, some of us don’t.

Sergio accomplishments as a golfer pale comared to Tiger or even Phil. I respect Tiger’s as a golfer because his past accomplishments on the course. He is arguably the GOAT. As a husband, obviously not anyone to look up to. American’s as a rule are a pretty forgiving people and I think Tiger’s past transgressions have been forgiven by most men. My wife is not a fan of any man who cheats like Tiger did, she will always view him as morally bankrupt. Many great athletes and famous people were lousy husband and/or fathers. Some people still idolize and look up to them, some of us don’t.
I meant more of his behavior on the course and they way he treated his fans. If that's the issue with Sergio, Tiger wasn't much better. Winning trumps bad behavior in our society for the most part.

Beat me to it. Already paying off in both directions

Been quite on the Sergio/Callaway front.
Wonder if his contract is still "Valid"

Ping irons and wedges in the bag in Abu Dhabi....

Also not on the Callaway staffers website, PGA or European Tour.

Thank god they dropped this dink.

Not sure what they saw in him to begin with, but he’s gone and the brand is better for it

Definitely won't hurt the brand that he's gone. He was fun to watch when he was young, but unfortunately he has stayed too immature in deed and action.

How did I miss this announcement? Interesting to say the least...

Back