• Who cares what they wear

Votes: 66 35.9%

• Total voters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think? If you were given the vote to allow shorts on tour, which way would you go and why?

I think it would look odd at first, but the players I am sure would like it on those hot FL days. I lean towards no on shorts though.

I would vote to allow them. I simply see no harm in professional golfers wearing shorts whether that's a lady or man.

I'm sure some will disagree based on tradition so I guess it all kind of goes back to how you view the game of golf.

I don't care either way. If they wore shorts it wouldn't bother me at all

Except for John Daly and Lumpy Herron.

I support the ashworth campaign from a couple of years ago.

I don't really care but I've grown accustomed to seeing them wear slacks so I went with No Way.

I'm probably in the minority, but wouldn't want to see pros is shorts. Call me nostalgic or old school, but shorts would seem to diminish the experience a bit.

I think with how nice the shorts are nowadays they can still look classy and casual. I definitely wouldn't vote to allow shorts.

I'm probably in the minority, but wouldn't want to see pros is shorts. Call me nostalgic or old school, but shorts would seem to diminish the experience a bit.

Does it diminish the LPGA for you?

At first, I was going to vote "No way", but after thinking about it, I'm not sure I would care. When watching amateur golf, they're allowed to wear shorts and it doesn't seem odd. The LPGA, the lady professionals are allowed to wear shorts. As long as appropriate length and a decent cut, I don't see why not.

Yes. Those poor guys need some damn sun on their legs. If his head looks like this, imagine what those legs look like?

yF5xE3a_crop_north.jpg

I think the PC answer is they can wear whatever they want. However, much like golfing etiquette being exemplified by the pros, there is something to be said about wearing "appropriate" attire. While shorts I feel are no big deal, but for pros and perhaps caddies alike, it's important to display some sort of uniformed dress code. I feel like shorts is the gate way to flip flops and loose tee shirt.

Does it diminish the LPGA for you?

Was thinking the PGA specifically. For the LPGA as far as I can remember they always wore shorts/skirts so it doesn't bother me bc I view it as the normal attire.

I'm not looking at their legs if I watch, so it wouldn't bother me if they wore shorts.

Was thinking the PGA specifically. For the LPGA as far as I can remember they always wore shorts/skirts so it doesn't bother me bc I view it as the normal attire.

That's what I was going to ask in regard to the tradition aspect. I don't know if the ladies ever had a pants only rule or if they've always been allowed to wear skirts or shorts so it doesn't impact the tradition for them.

Just like any other sport...athletes should wear a uniform and for me, long slacks and no shorts, are the uniform of the golfer. I have no problem seeing the caddy in shorts, but think the pro golfer should wear long pants. It's their uniform.

No way. Have you seen Patrick Reed's forehead? Now imagine that pasty color in HD on your television set, only it's his legs.

Given the sociopathy that pro golfers engage in as far as how everything looks and feels, I don't think many would switch anyway.

Either way, please give them some warning so they can tan up to the occasion. If you just let the horse out of the gate with no warning, and Stewart Cink's dome is any indication, someone might get seriously blinded.

Shorts On Tour

At the US Open qualifier a few years ago Fred Funk wore shorts. It was kind of cool to see him look relaxed like he was out for a casual round.

I voted absolutely. I know how I feel when I'm forced to wear pants during really hot weather and it's absolutely zero fun. As long as they wear respectable length shorts, I don't see why it should be a problem.

No way. Have you seen Patrick Reed's forehead? Now imagine that pasty color in HD on your television set, only it's his legs.

Given the sociopathy that pro golfers engage in as far as how everything looks and feels, I don't think many would switch anyway.

Either way, please give them some warning so they can tan up to the occasion. If you just let the horse out of the gate with no warning, and Stewart Cink's dome is any indication, someone might get seriously blinded.

Do you not think they play in shorts EVERY other time they are on the course except in tournament play? Just about every one of these guys plays in shorts.

Just like any other sport...athletes should wear a uniform and for me, long slacks and no shorts, are the uniform of the golfer. I have no problem seeing the caddy in shorts, but think the pro golfer should wear long pants. It's their uniform.

then maybe they should all wear the same colors too? i'd much rather see a pro in shorts than with octopus pants on.

I voted absolutely. I know how I feel when I'm forced to wear pants during really hot weather and it's absolutely zero fun. As long as they wear respectable length shorts, I don't see why it should be a problem.

Euro Tour players might not necessary agree with how you define a respectable length. I think that has something to do with how it all works out. Once you say shorts are alright, how do you define too short or too long? Are capris acceptable?

I'm not for shorts on tour. Pants are the way to go.

Back