Shorts On Tour

• Absolutely, it's hot

Votes: 92 50.0%
  • No way

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • Who cares what they wear

Votes: 66 35.9%

• Total voters
I think a lot of them would choose to remain in slacks, but I am not opposed to them wearing shorts.

I think you would be surprised.

I don't think its a big deal to wear shorts. As long as they aren't cargo shorts or jorts. A nice pair of shorts can be just as classy as pants. I say let em. I don't see how it does anything to take away from the game.

I get its in the rules now, that is kind of the question. If you could change the rules, would you.

That's what I was looking for clarification on, is it only tournament play, or when they're "representing" the PGA. Be it tourneys, pro-ams, charity events or contest outings? Like, "Win a round with so and so professional golfer", would they show up in shorts, or would they have to wear pants for that?

I see no good reason for them to be forced to wear pants.

I'm 110% for shorts on tour. Like I said earlier, the good ol boys club needs to disappear if golf wants to move forward

I wear shorts why not the pros. Tradition is a lousy excuse for anything. Sould they go back to wearing ties? Practicality should win the day.

Sent from my LG G3

I'm all for it. Just makes sense to me.

The "Gentlemen's" game thing when it comes to apparel cracks me up, why aren't they still wearing ties then?

This is the argument that always seems to come up with this question and I agree with it. Until someone provides a answer that is justifiable, then I see nothing wrong with shorts.

Shorts are ok by me. There is absolutely no way a nice pair of golf shorts is going to look any worse or less professional than Daly's pants.

I could see this happening one day on a tournament by tournament basis. However never ever see the Masters allowing this. Five generations from now when we are wearing some sort of Back to the Future clothing the Masters tournament will be exactly the same.

Let the pros wear shorts! I cant find any reason why they shouldnt be allowed to.

Sorry, I think the Pros should wear pants. I get that its hot, but I think it maintains a bit of professionalism that I appreciate.

Nothing says professional like octopus pants and neon zebra print, right?

I would support allowing shorts for sure. Weather permitting, I'm sure most golfers play in shorts; this should be reflected on tour as well. Have the players been polled I wonder?

Yes. Those poor guys need some damn sun on their legs. If his head looks like this, imagine what those legs look like?

yF5xE3a_crop_north.jpg

Yikes! Cink, buddy, you gotta do something different, because that's just... so wrong.

I would not have a problem with shorts, though I do like pants for some events. Maybe do it based on temps. If forecast high is above 80 degrees, shorts are ok. Except for Majors. Would like to see slacks for all 4 of those.
"

I could care less if they wore shorts and honestly if I was on tour I would love to have the option. I am not sure why the LPGA allows the women to have tons of options (skirts, capri style pants, etc.) and the men are stuck with the traditional rule.

I would not have a problem with shorts, though I do like pants for some events. Maybe do it based on temps. If forecast high is above 80 degrees, shorts are ok. Except for Majors. Would like to see slacks for all 4 of those.
"

This is a solid idea.

I don't see why not!

Jeeze, some seem to believe that these guys wear pants 24/7.

Shorts are fine w/ me.

Heck yes on shorts

I would vote to allow shorts. Whatever makes the golfer more comfortable.

I would have no problem with it and can see it possibly being cooler for them on hot/humid days.

I'd rather see shorts than that loudmouth line.

Well, I guess I don't care what they wear, but to that extent, if they want to wear shorts, they should be allowed to, unless the course has some sort of 'pants only' rule.....which I'm pretty sure there are very few of those courses left.

~Rock

Back