Someone convince me why I should pick one of these up instead of using Arccos sensors I already have...go!

lower profile tags
no phone in pocket or link

Someone convince me why I should pick one of these up instead of using Arccos sensors I already have...go!
No subscription fees

Bourbon Bash would be a great weekend to break V3 in....

No subscription fees
This scared me at first when adopting Shot Scope because I was a Game Golf user (Also not subscription based and Game Golf went out of business). But given tht Shot Scope also sells other products like Rangefinders they should be around a long time.

No link/phone in pocket
No subscription fees
Much thinner profile tags
@GavinwithaR1 is in the forum a lot offering support
Less shots missed - easier editing when you need to
More reliable app with less updates that crash the whole damn thing.

I've not looked back since switching - not sure I like the course look as much in the interface, but there is so much information in the dashboard that you can get lost for hours.

Haven't never used Arccos - so I can't speak to that, however V3 picks up my shots well, is easy to review where I'm good or bad performing, great support and get to have over 100 pages of chat.

That and the fact there's no subscription fee is what pushed me to this rather than Arccos and even more why I got this over a rangefinder. I like to see the data to help me at a glance.

easier editing when you need to
Do you find editing easier? I've thought that's the one area that it might be a bit weaker compared to others.

That said, all the other reasons are why I game the V3 :)

Question @GavinwithaR1 ? I bought a new set of tags for my V3 and my watch isn't recognizing the tags. Is there something that needs to be done to sync up a new set of tags? I tried the "Locate Tags" function on the watch and it didn't work.

Do you find editing easier? I've thought that's the one area that it might be a bit weaker compared to others.

That said, all the other reasons are why I game the V3 :)
I genuinely do, although it is much easier on the web dashboard. I never had much joy logging into the Arccos dashboard for some reason!

Question @GavinwithaR1 ? I bought a new set of tags for my V3 and my watch isn't recognizing the tags. Is there something that needs to be done to sync up a new set of tags? I tried the "Locate Tags" function on the watch and it didn't work.
Have you gone in and unassigned all the clubs, and then added them in again? I did something similar and it all seemed to pull through OK after that.

Can you shoot support an email. Does it still read the old tags?

• No Subscription
  • Smaller Tags
  • Fantastic Metris / Dashboard
  • THP Support in the forums
  • Great Customer Support
All of these
No link/phone in pocket
No subscription fees
Much thinner profile tags
@GavinwithaR1 is in the forum a lot offering support
Less shots missed - easier editing when you need to
More reliable app with less updates that crash the whole damn thing.

I've not looked back since switching - not sure I like the course look as much in the interface, but there is so much information in the dashboard that you can get lost for hours.
i was going to mention the fact that the team is active on the forum. Great point @HarlettoScara!

You guys make some valid points :unsure:

how about...because all the cool kids use shot scope

With the annual Arccos subscription now $156, it makes sense financially. The Shot Scope tags aren’t Bluetooth so you don’t need to worry about them dying. The watch allows you to be completely phone-free on the course and get all your yardages from the watch, which lasts a full 36 holes. I still sort of view these as different products. Arccos Caddie provides on-course resources that Shot Scope does not, such as club recommendations and the full overhead view. I switched to the V3 and couldn’t be happier with the decision.

I genuinely do, although it is much easier on the web dashboard. I never had much joy logging into the Arccos dashboard for some reason!
maybe no joy in that other dashboard because it was(is?) in beta forever ;)

Last edited:
maybe no joy in that dashboard because it was(is?) in beta forever ;)
Well there is that, I’ve not even opened the app since I got the V3, had no need. Gave my tags and link to my old man who loves it. Although he thinks they’re broken because they only show him hitting the driver 190 😂

As a recent convert I do miss having the overhead view of the hole on my phone when I haven't played a course before. And editing on the course was quick and easy for me vs how long it's taking me now, but part of that is not having all my tags in yet since I had smart grips. New clubs any day now so that'll be the real test.

One of the unsung advantages for me is the wrist distances for items under 100 yds. It gives me a better sense of the carry I need to the front to help find the green. Really nice to simply look at the watch, see my distance, and know what club/swing to go with to find the dance floor.

(And yes, a laser can get the pin, but this 11 handicap simply needs to find the center of the green from 60 yds :cool:)

One of the unsung advantages for me is the wrist distances for items under 100 yds. It gives me a better sense of the carry I need to the front to help find the green. Really nice to simply look at the watch, see my distance, and know what club/swing to go with to find the dance floor.

(And yes, a laser can get the pin, but this 11 handicap simply needs to find the center of the green from 60 yds :cool:)

Helps if you don't just look at the biggest number on the screen... a 75 middle is a lot different than the 50 front pin as I learned on Sunday morning 🤣

Helps if you don't just look at the biggest number on the screen... a 75 middle is a lot different than the 50 front pin as I learned on Sunday morning 🤣
that's a large green :oops:

Back