Just the opposite! Apparently you must take a practice swing to "wake the watch up" before it will sense the shot itself. I think it is even suggested to take more than one. On chips, pitches and putts I know my practice swing is intended to mimic the shot at hand and may not be "vigorous" enough to get the watch awake. Thus, one may have to take a fuller practice swing on chips, pitches and putts before rehearsing the shot.
Would shaking your wrist a bit work? Just to get the watch ready?

Wow, this sounds like something I would love to use. Being able to collect that data without having a phone in my pocket is a huge win. I love how small those tags are too, that's been a concern for me with Arccos before. I think this is something I might have to look at hard. Knowing my effectiveness with clubs and how often I use them sounds really helpful and fun in general.

Just the opposite! Apparently you must take a practice swing to "wake the watch up" before it will sense the shot itself. I think it is even suggested to take more than one. On chips, pitches and putts I know my practice swing is intended to mimic the shot at hand and may not be "vigorous" enough to get the watch awake. Thus, one may have to take a fuller practice swing on chips, pitches and putts before rehearsing the shot.

I was going to ask how that works with practice swings. How does is know not to record a practice swing?

hmm interesting. Thanks for the info. Will have to look into that. Can anyone chime in that has tested this thoroughly?

I have been using the Shot Scope V3 for the last 5 rounds, and this is the first tool of this type that I have ever attempted to use.
I have a bunch of feedback, and I'm going to post a through review, once I get several more rounds into the system.

Initial Thoughts:
  • The watch isn't bigger than GPS watches that I have tried in the past (Several versions of the Garmin Watch), I'm not bothered by the size of the watch.
  • I have found the user interface very intuitive, between the functionality of the GPS of the watch and the interaction with the iPhone app, it's been easy to use.
  • The extra sensors that you are provided, will allow you to track data between two different clubs battling for the same spot in your bag.
  • It is very easy to forget that you are even using the Shot Scope, you will need to remember to tell the watch if you have to drop & the number of putts it took to complete the hole.

It's an awesome tool, and I'm looking forward providing more feedback in this thread.

My Performance Average through 5 rounds ⬇️:

C79DCCEC-788E-4E3B-8B80-7BCB0437B121.jpeg
I have learned that the H22 (4 Hybrid or UT) spot in my bag is a real weakness. And apparently I’ve had issues with my 6 & 8 irons.

I have been using the Shot Scope V3 for the last 5 rounds, and this is the first tool of this type that I have ever attempted to use.
I have a bunch of feedback, and I'm going to post a through review, once I get several more rounds into the system.

Initial Thoughts:
  • The watch isn't bigger than GPS watches that I have tried in the past (Several versions of the Garmin Watch), I'm not bothered by the size of the watch.
  • I have found the user interface very intuitive, between the functionality of the GPS of the watch and the interaction with the iPhone app, it's been easy to use.
  • The extra sensors that you are provided, will allow you to track data between two different clubs battling for the same spot in your bag.
  • It is very easy to forget that you are even using the Shot Scope, you will need to remember to tell the watch if you have to drop & the number of putts it took to complete the hole.

It's an awesome tool, and I'm looking forward providing more feedback in this thread.

My Performance Average through 5 rounds ⬇:

View attachment 8952165
I have learned that the H22 (4 Hybrid or UT) spot in my bag is a real weakness. And apparently I’ve had issues with my 6 & 8 irons.
Is there a way to keep certain shots out of the tally for the averages? Let's say a guy clips a tree branch right off the tee box, or plays in extremely strong winds that would have a huge difference in distance one way or another. I suppose it would average itself out eventually. But, there is likely to be outliers.

To those that are interested, let me know what information you want! I’m trying to give you what you need in my review and there is so much here to cover that I could really use you help on what aspects interest you!
Does it matter which wrist it's worn on? The article mentioned a lefty golfer wearing it on their right wrist... Yeah, no. I'm a lefty and wear my watch on my left wrist. That's where it goes. Always. Anywhere else and it messes me up.

Is there a way to keep certain shots out of the tally for the averages? Let's say a guy clips a tree branch right off the tee box, or plays in extremely strong winds that would have a huge difference in distance one way or another. I suppose it would average itself out eventually. But, there is likely to be outliers.
The P-Average screen shot I just showed factors out outliers like punch outs, bump and runs, etc.

Does it matter which wrist it's worn on? The article mentioned a lefty golfer wearing it on their right wrist... Yeah, no. I'm a lefty and wear my watch on my left wrist. That's where it goes. Always. Anywhere else and it messes me up.
I think the instructions stated they the watch should go on the lead wrist.

The P-Average screen shot I just showed factors out outliers like punch outs, bump and runs, etc.
Oh nice. That's even better. System is smart enough to keep those out.

Oh nice. That's even better. System is smart enough to keep those out.
Yes, so say I decided to hit a bump & run with a 9 iron, it will factor that shot out of the P-Average as an outlier.

Having been dissatisfied with Game Golf, have given Golf Pad a disappointing shot and Arccos not really an option for me given it uses batteries, I have been extremely interested in Shot Scope and done a lot of reading and research. The reason it has to be on the lead wrist is that it apparently uses NFC technology and unless you hit every shot cross-handed the Tag won't be close to the strap to be sensed is you wear it on the wrong hand. Also, as a left hander, should you get and use this you have to go into settings and change it to use for a left handed golfer. Default setup is for a right hander.

Also through my research I found out that punch outs, trouble shots, etc. can be designated in post round editing as "positional" shots so they aren't counted toward your yardages or stats. Also, that includes 2nd or layup shots on par 5's. Any shot not a tee shot and outside 50 yards from the green is considered an "Approach" shot and unless you designate those par 5 layups as positional shots it will mess with your approach stats. Also, those types of shots go longer due to run out and would incorrectly add to your average distance for each club.

Anymore feedback on needing to take multiple practice swings to wake the watch up for each shot ? When I play alone I try and stay around 2hrs for 18 holes. So adding 30-40 more swings per round will add time.

Anymore feedback on needing to take multiple practice swings to wake the watch up for each shot ? When I play alone I try and stay around 2hrs for 18 holes. So adding 30-40 more swings per round will add time.

I dont take any practice swings and haven't really had any issues. I do waggle a bit and I shaked my wrist a few times.

When the watch has failed to pick up shots it is normally due to one of the following reasons:

- All the tags have not been securely inserted into all the clubs.

- The user is not taking any practice swings. The Shot Scope watch goes to "sleep" in between shots, if a few practice swings are not taken before each shot then this can lead to missed shots as the watch hasn't "woken up" and misses the first swing/shot.

A more complete list of possible issues can be found here:

What benefits are there for a V2 user to upgrade, I don't need it to be a watch, and a colour screen doesn't matter to me

I don't need the upgrade do I :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What benefits are there for a V2 user to upgrade, I don't need it to be a watch, and a colour screen doesn't matter to me

I don't need the upgrade do I :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Aside from size, the biggest complaint I've seen about the V2 is battery life. The V3 addresses both.

Not really selling it to me, 6 hours on the V2 is plenty for a round, if I need it for 2 then I can charge it in the car whilst having a break

I think the instructions stated they the watch should go on the lead wrist.

Well that sucks.😢

Having been dissatisfied with Game Golf, have given Golf Pad a disappointing shot and Arccos not really an option for me given it uses batteries, I have been extremely interested in Shot Scope and done a lot of reading and research. The reason it has to be on the lead wrist is that it apparently uses NFC technology and unless you hit every shot cross-handed the Tag won't be close to the strap to be sensed is you wear it on the wrong hand. Also, as a left hander, should you get and use this you have to go into settings and change it to use for a left handed golfer. Default setup is for a right hander.

Good explanation. Thank you. I don't have any experience with NFC... I use an iPhone and Apple hasn't incorporated that yet or at least in the phone models I've had. I would have hoped that the NFC would work since my trail wrist isn't that much further away than my lead wrist but such is not the case I guess.

It sounds like it's not intrusive at all and very forgettable while it's being worn.:unsure:

Well that sucks.😢

Good explanation. Thank you. I don't have any experience with NFC... I use an iPhone and Apple hasn't incorporated that yet or at least in the phone models I've had. I would have hoped that the NFC would work since my trail wrist isn't that much further away than my lead wrist but such is not the case I guess.

It sounds like it's not intrusive at all and very forgettable while it's being worn.:unsure:
It very well may. But, you wouldn't know unless you tried it. Or, talk one of these fine folks into testing it for you.

I do waggle a bit and I shaked my wrist a few times.

An old timer once told me... if you switch hands you can gain a stroke :)

In all seriousness thanks for the info. This might get me over the hump on buying it.

Aside from size, the biggest complaint I've seen about the V2 is battery life. The V3 addresses both.
I didn’t try the V2 but I can speak to the fact that the V3’s battery life is phenomenal...

I didn’t try the V2 but I can speak to the fact that the V3’s battery life is phenomenal...

As I wrote in the article, it has been fantastic for me.

I may pick one up, just wondering if the novelty will wear off after awhile.

I may pick one up, just wondering if the novelty will wear off after awhile.
If you pick up one for just the GPS functionality alone, it’s worth it even without the data you get.

Back