Anymore feedback on needing to take multiple practice swings to wake the watch up for each shot ? When I play alone I try and stay around 2hrs for 18 holes. So adding 30-40 more swings per round will add time.
No need to do any of this. I don't take practice swings and I had no issues. It did pick up a few post-swing rehearsals after bad shots while waiting on others, but they were really clear and easily deleted.

If you pick up one for just the GPS functionality alone, it’s worth it even without the data you get.
and the GPS functionality is pretty darn good. Easily flip to the hazards (penalty areas for @Canadan) and get information on those too.

Kinda interesting this is not sold on Amazon.

Well considering game golf is dead this may be the next best thing for me, but I like my samsung watch for distance and even shot logging

Well considering game golf is dead this may be the next best thing for me, but I like my samsung watch for distance and even shot logging

Technically game golf is still working. I’ve been logging rounds this entire year And even as recent as this morning.

For starters.

1) Is the system limited to 14 clubs or can you have multiples?
For example in Game Golf I have over 20 different drivers in that system having owned it since 2016. Right now I am testing 3 drivers and if I bring them to the course I can only have 14 live clubs to choose from but when I go back and edit I can activate the 2 others and select those as being used for shots.

2) If you have say a year's worth of data, Can you compare distances you hit a certain club based on certain rounds or a time period? Say you want to look at avg driving distance from Driver A from Jan-June and then Driver B from July-Dec?
For starters.

1) Is the system limited to 14 clubs or can you have multiples?
For example in Game Golf I have over 20 different drivers in that system having owned it since 2016. Right now I am testing 3 drivers and if I bring them to the course I can only have 14 live clubs to choose from but when I go back and edit I can activate the 2 others and select those as being used for shots.

2) If you have say a year's worth of data, Can you compare distances you hit a certain club based on certain rounds or a time period? Say you want to look at avg driving distance from Driver A from Jan-June and then Driver B from July-Dec?
So here is a list of Drivers I’ve used since 2017:
DBACB0D2-C31B-4097-A1A5-69C133B4983B.jpeg
So let’s say that I changed shafts in my Mavrik. I could create a new Mavrik “Club” in my “Bag” of a different color. Here is my 2020 P-Avg of the 3 drivers I’ve used so far:

1F1CA6DE-8127-4393-8A7D-596DD80705E0.jpeg
so you can really track what clubs or even keep the same club and make a new club because you changed balls. The options are really endless.

Technically game golf is still working. I’ve been logging rounds this entire year And even as recent as this morning.

Aaahh.. well I havent even tried to use it just assuming it was kaput. Thanks!

when things took a turn a month or 2 I quit using The receiver and tags. They may work. Not sure. I’ve just been opening the app on my phone and tagging that way and it’s worked so far.

and the GPS functionality is pretty darn good. Easily flip to the hazards (penalty areas for @Canadan) and get information on those too.
yeah... for Canadan... aka 'for the rules of golf' :ROFLMAO:

V3 or new club? Both 🤔

when things took a turn a month or 2 I quit using The receiver and tags. They may work. Not sure. I’ve just been opening the app on my phone and tagging that way and it’s worked so far.
Game Golf tagging still works as usual, for now, as does uploading from the desktop transfer program.

Couldn’t resist. On order

I think my FIL is going to get one based on my recommendation today. I think it would be a great tool for him.

Hey @ddec dont you think I am overdue for a present for myself

Has anyone tried using it for just a regular watch? I am not really a watch guy, but was wondering if the battery life improves significantly when the GPS and shot capture functionality isn't active. I was thinking that since I never wear a watch, it wouldn't hurt to wear it during the day to just try and get a feel for it so it wasn't bothersome during a round of golf.

Has anyone tried using it for just a regular watch? I am not really a watch guy, but was wondering if the battery life improves significantly when the GPS and shot capture functionality isn't active. I was thinking that since I never wear a watch, it wouldn't hurt to wear it during the day to just try and get a feel for it so it wasn't bothersome during a round of golf.

I wore it for a day as a watch and it is lighter than my Apple watch so I didn't even really notice it. As someone that NEVER plays golf with a watch on, I was completely surprised at how little I noticed it.

I see the different modes, what does the watch screen look like in "track" mode only? I also assume that this would save battery a bunch. Say of the carts have GPS or you have your own handheld GPS system.

I wore it for a day as a watch and it is lighter than my Apple watch so I didn't even really notice it. As someone that NEVER plays golf with a watch on, I was completely surprised at how little I noticed it.
Awesome. I tried wearing my Samsung Gear Fit 2 a couple years back just to track how many steps I was taking and I kept taking it off half way through the round as it was irritating me to have something on my wrist.

As a regular watch, would you say the battery gets through an entire day without issue? If it can last 10 hours on the course, I would imagine it could handle a day or two of just watch duty.

Awesome. I tried wearing my Samsung Gear Fit 2 a couple years back just to track how many steps I was taking and I kept taking it off half way through the round as it was irritating me to have something on my wrist.

As a regular watch, would you say the battery gets through an entire day without issue? If it can last 10 hours on the course, I would imagine it could handle a day or two of just watch duty.

Absolutely through an entire day.

The V3 is in my future. I have been sold on it already. I just have to let the sting of a larger than expected tab at the club last month wear off to keep my marriage in tact, lol. Maybe order it at the end of the month or in August. Want to at least get a couple months of data before shutting down for the year (it is depressing to even think about how little time I have left here).

It very well may. But, you wouldn't know unless you tried it. Or, talk one of these fine folks into testing it for you.
While anice idea, I think it's asking too much from the testers for too unique of a situation that only affects me. If I get one, I'll wear it on my lead wrist. I'll get over the initial weirdness of a watch on what's to me the wrong wrist.(y)

Anyone know if these are in stores yet? Shot Scope site says Galaxy and Dicks have them but the Dicks/Galaxy sites say online only and not in the stores around me or within 100 miles. hmm

I just like my apple watch too much. If it wasn’t for wearing that all day, I would be all over this.

Their website claims 10+ DAYS in watch only mode.

Told my playing partner about this. He’s anti phone for tracking so he just bought the V3.

Back