SHOTMAKERS TOPGOLF Las Vegas

You can gain some back on the limited flight balls by playing on the 3rd floor, but they will still be a little shorter than expected.

Never been to Top Golf myself but am curious about the mats they use. Looked like they were able to actually use tees on the mats. Are these some kind of special mats?

Never been to Top Golf myself but am curious about the mats they use. Looked like they were able to actually use tees on the mats. Are these some kind of special mats?

Nothing too special. You can put a tee in the mat, or they have the rubber stand thing you would normally see at driving ranges

Ah. Never seen mats like that before. Only seen mats with the rubber tees in the corner.

I didn't think it was terrible, it could use some tweeks, I like that they brought in Maurice Allen. He can add some flair to it, but it needs to be about skillset, not just everyone going for the "trench". Oh I get 25 points if I land it on the green or 200 if I hit a straight drive? Hand me my driver...

This was single handily the worst part. Seemed way odd.

I've never been to a top golf and have no interest,I was shocked at how difficult it was for some to hit the ball to the fence . I'm guessing it due to the balls top golf uses ?

More like the golfers I think. Unless they use restricted flight to keep from going over the fence but I didn't think they did. Doubt a rfid chip effects much.

The part that disappointed me the most was the quality of "golfing" they actually had! They had people missing the green target, which is 90 yards out. I'm not even a remotely good golfer, but I am pretty automatic with the green and brown targets, both of which they had trouble with. That actually makes the show more interesting, since I expected them to make almost all their shots.

I have a disagreeing view, go figure, lol!

I was 85.4% entertained. For me that's pretty good. I'll admit that my TV is set 99.6% to TGC. I was still happy with it. It's nowhere near the best I've seen but throw in good stories and the WOMEN!, and it's not terrible.

Who else is thinking One Length Irons would be a good fit for Topgolf!

Gave it another 5 minutes. Oof.

You guys remember the American Gladiator reboot they did several years ago? That's not the worst sports related reality show ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Didn't catch this show last week, but flipped it on for a minute tonight....and....and....its terrible. The crowd cheering is horribly staged and actually hurts the presentation in my opinion.

I've heard it mentioned that TopGolf is the new bowling...and that's exactly what this reminded me of watching, PBA Tour telecasts from the 1990s.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Didn't catch this show last week, but flipped it on for a minute tonight....and....and....its terrible. The crowd cheering is horribly staged and actually hurts the presentation in my opinion.

I've heard it mentioned that TopGolf is the new bowling...and that's exactly what this reminded me of watching, PBA Tour telecasts from the 1990s.

Funny you said that because it was my first thought too. PBA bowling without any personality like when bowling is being televised without Pete Weber.

I wish it could be this exciting.
https://youtu.be/gKQOXYB2cd8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bring back the Big Break!!!

The novelty wore off for me after the first episode. I tried to watch tonight and gave up after 5 minutes. Too boring.

The novelty wore off for me after the first episode. I tried to watch tonight and gave up after 5 minutes. Too boring.

I gave it another shot tonight and after 3 minutes was about to turn the channel when I realized one of my neighbor's daughters was on the show, Nikki Bondura. She had the clutch 125 point shot on episode 4. Her dad is a + index golfer and has been a neighbor of mine for 12 years. Her mom worked for the same company as my wife until she changed jobs recently and her dad is part owner of a local golf shop. I only played golf with her once about when she was in high school and that day she shot 77 from the 6600-yard tees. It was a bit surprising to see someone from our neighborhood on the show.

Last edited:
Tried to watch this during hockey intermission and my god is it boring. I didn’t last 5 minutes. Just a terrible show and terrible hosts/commentators on top of a bad format.

Bring back the Big Break!!!
Agreed...while BB was a little over the top, at least it was legitimate golf.

Tried to watch this during hockey intermission and my god is it boring. I didn’t last 5 minutes. Just a terrible show and terrible hosts/commentators on top of a bad format.

My sentiments exactly. I'm not sure if I even watched for 5 mins, just awful

The most ridiculous aspect is the fan signs. As if anyone was invested enough pre-taping to go and make signs of their favorite competitors. The entire "live fan" idea over this competition is nuts.

It's a terrible show with 0 redeeming qualities, unless you know someone competing like tahoebum does.

Either Golf Channel is desperate for programming, or the executives in charge of programming need to go. This looks like it's going to be another awful show. Just bring back Big Break (without all of the MTV's Real World crap) and work up from there.
Agree 100% big break was fun, just watching the competition..Didn't need to reality TV it up

Watching this show a little the other day reminded me of why I didn't like Big Break, I just don't care to watch golf games that are not golf, it bores me.

And the fake fans are silly, they also have this constant arena crowd soundtrack running that cracks me up, like 50,000 people are screaming for Top Golf, cheesy.

I think this show is one and done.

I've had it on in the background. I am not too interested. It's kind of boring. But it's something I can turn on and ignore, I guess. Background noise.

Eye candy can only last so long. This is a terrible show. Due to tight pants and good looking women I was lulled into complacency. I asked myself tonight, "self, if these were two MAN teams would you even think of watching it?"

No. No I would not. If that was the format, losers would have to be tossed into a pit with either sharks or lions to keep my interest. Preferably both.

I did like seeing a LD drive guy hit something other than driver though. Other than eye candy that was the extent of my enjoyment.

I PVR'd the first 4 shows and purposely did't read this thread so I wouldn't have any preconceived opinion beforehand. Turned on Episode 1 last night, maybe lasted 5 minutes. My gosh, was it boring!!!!! Quickly shut it off and deleted the episodes from the PVR. I think I'd rather watch the snow outside melt #snoozefest!

Back