Sky Marks, Who Cares?

Are you guys talking about something specific that happened to you, or just talking in general?

I know this happened to a THP member during a local gathering here in the Tampa bay area recently, and JB has been working with the company to try and get a replacement for the marked up head, he just hasn't been able to attain it yet. No one wants their brand new clubs marked up, especially if it wasn't their own doing.

Just in general. It is one thing if I do it to my own club it is entirely different, if I do it to someone else’s or some one does it to mine though it needs to be made right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's mature, but certainly doesn't take away the sting. I'm surprise he didn't offer to do something, even give you a few bucks or even a sleeve of balls for messing up your new club.

I wouldn't say it's messed up, just unfortunate. I can deal with things like that. It's not extremely noticeable and I won't be reselling it so I don't have to worry about the value. #GolfScars

Just in general. It is one thing if I do it to my own club it is entirely different, if I do it to someone else’s or some one does it to mine though it needs to be made right.

I think that is between the two people, but I agree, I think it needs to be addressed and something needs to be agreed upon. I say kudos to itsOpeningDay for being so understanding about it. Even if you don't want anything for it, the gesture of offering to pay for the guys round, or buy them a sleeve of balls would go a long way to showing that you are sorry for marking up their club.

IOD- want me to send you a sharpie?

Thats why its so much easier to sky your own driver like I did with the Epic :(

it's why I wasn't afraid to hit your epic. There is no way in hell I was going to be able to do more damage #NiceChipMike

I think that is between the two people, but I agree, I think it needs to be addressed and something needs to be agreed upon. I say kudos to itsOpeningDay for being so understanding about it. Even if you don't want anything for it, the gesture of offering to pay for the guys round, or buy them a sleeve of balls would go a long way to showing that you are sorry for marking up their club.

Well for one I was pissed... I'm not very confrontational so I just let it pass. Future? No dice

I've had the driver for about 5 months so I guess it should have a little wear and tear. It's not going anywhere tho

Hard to say no to someone who wants to hit your cool new Rogue but when they skymark it?!

Anyone just say flat out no you cant hit it? I tend to let me friends and family try out but no randos

I let a colleague of mine hit my brand new R7 Tour and he put an idiot mark on it with one swing. Since then, I’m very selective about who swings my clubs.

Well for one I was pissed... I'm not very confrontational so I just let it pass. Future? No dice

I've had the driver for about 5 months so I guess it should have a little wear and tear. It's not going anywhere tho

I cringe at times when people hit my driver. I don't mind if if they take a swing, but I never have an easy feeling about it until they hand it back.

haha thanks bro I think I got it. It's almost like an alignment now. Almost lines up with the Callaway Chevron

how do we not have pics of this yet?

I can't blame you for being pissed. I think it's cool you stayed so calm, but it's a shame that person didn't offer anything for what they did. Like I mentioned above, even just the gesture of offering can go a long way.

I put a slight sky mark on my 3W and I can’t see it at address, and it still bothers me..

I hate sky marks but they sometimes happen. I love clubs and gear and am happy to let friends try anything in my bag but there are consequences for me. If I ever sky marked someones club, I would have to replace it and would still feel terrible about it.

Had my wife send me a picture. It's only minimal but it's there. I know it's not like a lot of people's skymarks that I have heard about

tARIFox.png

For that reason I put club Armour on all my woods just in case people want to hit them. Then I don’t have to decide who can and who can’t

They bother the heck out of me. I would need to buy a club crown to put over it if I ever put a mark on my driver.

No,....no you cannot hit/try my new driver, tennis racquet, car, weed whacker, tool, etc...no you can't. But I am willing to help you search/purchase your own...

Had my wife send me a picture. It's only minimal but it's there. I know it's not like a lot of people's skymarks that I have heard about

tARIFox.png

That mark looks like it would buff out with a little automotive polish and or compound.

That's good to know thanks!

You can get an inexpensive 3" polishing kit for your drill on Amazon for under $30. 3M Perfect-It compounds and polishes are the best but Meguairs stuff is decent and more readily available at places like Walmart or Target.

Can't believe this thread has been resurrected. But good timing i suppose...i had a golf buddy of mine ask me 2 days ago if he could hit my driver off the deck!

I had to politely refuse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sky Marks, Who Cares?

Can't believe this thread has been resurrected. But good timing i suppose...i had a golf buddy of mine ask me 2 days ago if he could hit my driver off the deck!

I had to politely refuse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Off the deck??!! LOL, I don’t know how to respond to that.

I still remember watching my Morgan Cup mate years ago Trevor take 2 divots off the tee box w/ my new Srixon driver as I sat there in utter shock. I froze....I couldn’t move even when he handed it back to me. @johnny mojo & @jeff spicoli almost had to call 911.

Back